PDA

View Full Version : Witnesses can put Vick at fights

Gunzlingr
05-16-2007, 08:00 AM
The lead investigator in the dog-fighting investigation at a home that was owned by Michael Vick says there may be evidence that can directly tie him to fights at the property.

Yahoo.com's Jason Cole reports that Kathy Strouse, Animal Control coordinator for the City of Chesapeake, says there may be a videotape showing Vick at dogfights and that she has talked with individuals who can "put Vick on the property" during matches.
Vick has said that he rarely visited the house and that relatives living there were responsible for any misdeeds. He put the house up for sale last week and it is currently under contract.
Strouse told Cole she is "very confident" authorities will link Vick directly to the dog fighting and called out the prosecutor for not being more aggressive. "He was at the home and saw the equipment that we seized. When we were there, he said he had enough right there to issue an indictment."
The Falcons (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/67038) say they can't comment on the specifics of the dog-fighting case until officials in Virginia reach a decision on whether to file charges. The prosecutor handling the case and the sheriff who oversaw the raid have not responded to repeated requests for interviews. Vick's cousin, who lived at the home, was the target of a drug case that led authorities to search the property. Investigators reported finding dozens of dogs - some of them injured and malnourished - along with items associated with organized fighting, such as treadmills for training, jaw-prying sticks, veterinary drugs commonly used to treat wounds and blood-soaked carpeting.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6816928?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

Romes
05-16-2007, 08:05 AM
you think the Falcons wish they hadn't traded Schaub now? :doh:

ublinkwescore
05-16-2007, 08:27 AM
I wonder what Ray Buchanon has to say about his boy Vick now.

bigbub2352
05-16-2007, 08:29 AM
Typical over hyped thug of the NFL, anyone else would have been suspended by now, he just has the money to get out of his incidents so far

Elminster
05-16-2007, 08:36 AM
Well, I guess Joey Harrington is the future then:roflmao:

Quite seriously, Michael Vick was always an overhyped running back. Now he's officially an over-hyped criminal who needs some jail time. That way, he'll set a good example for once in his life...

Mr. Miyagi
05-16-2007, 08:46 AM
Vick's gonna fry! :rofl:

Jan Reimers
05-16-2007, 09:00 AM
I never did like Vick as a player, and now I despise him as a person.

As the owner of five dogs - including 3 adopted greyhounds and one rescue black lab - I find dog fighting to be one of the most despicable acts that a human being can be involved in.

I hope he is punished to the full extent of Virginia law, and suspended by the NFL.

Mr. Miyagi
05-16-2007, 09:27 AM
Vick is Pacman Jones with a bigger paycheck. Thug ass *****.

M
05-16-2007, 09:50 AM

As the owner of five dogs - including 3 adopted greyhounds and one rescue black lab - I find dog fighting to be one of the most despicable acts that a human being can be involved in.

I hope he is punished to the full extent of Virginia law, and suspended by the NFL.

:bf1:

I am in total agreement, Jan. Vick is despicable.

DraftBoy
05-16-2007, 09:51 AM
you think the Falcons wish they hadn't traded Schaub now? :doh:

No, the value they got for Schaub was more than most starting QB's go for (Culpepper for a DP). Schaub isnt that good to begin with, he's similar to Chad Pennington in that he has limited arm strength but good accuracy and decent athleticism. Schaub was great 2 years ago but really struggled last year when he played. I dont think he'll ever be a good starter in the NFL.

As for Vick, he is a little *****, and Ive been a big supporter of his. But this dog fighting thing is too much. The guy has all-world talent and just doesnt want to work on it. I dont know that its he doesnt understand the systems, or just is lazy or what it is but he cant put it together regardless of how many chances he gets.

Generalissimus Gibby
05-16-2007, 09:56 AM
Dear League Commissioner please ban Vick for life. He is a worthless thug and according to most statistics I have looked at arseholes that intentionally abuse and pick on animals are likely to commit acts of violence against humans. So please take a stand and ban ESPN's boy toy.

bigbub2352
05-16-2007, 09:59 AM

My mom rescues Shelties and Collies and has 3 dogs as well and i have a dog my self and i couldnt agree with u more, his kinda money pay some of his entourage to fight UFC style in 1 of his houses, Ignorance is awesome with some of these players

elltrain22
05-16-2007, 10:09 AM
Vick is currently up there on my least favorite athletes in pro sports. He is a lying, overrated, overhyped, piece of trash, him and his brother. I hope, this incident, is just what the Falcons need to dump this chump to the curb. As a dog lover, I am appauled at what I hear he did to do these dogs, and the fact that he profitted from it sickens my stomach. I hope Vick's arm falls off this year, and he can't ever play football again.

Romes
05-16-2007, 10:12 AM
No, the value they got for Schaub was more than most starting QB's go for (Culpepper for a DP). Schaub isnt that good to begin with, he's similar to Chad Pennington in that he has limited arm strength but good accuracy and decent athleticism. Schaub was great 2 years ago but really struggled last year when he played. I dont think he'll ever be a good starter in the NFL.

As for Vick, he is a little *****, and Ive been a big supporter of his. But this dog fighting thing is too much. The guy has all-world talent and just doesnt want to work on it. I dont know that its he doesnt understand the systems, or just is lazy or what it is but he cant put it together regardless of how many chances he gets.

Fair enough, i really haven't seen much of Schaub i was just going off the fact it seemed like everyone wanted this guy at one point. :idunno:

HAMMER
05-16-2007, 11:02 AM

Newsflash, he's dumb as a stump. I mean really, who the hell is dumb enough to try and take a fake water bottle through security when you know that you can't take any bottles through? Who flips off their own fans in their stadium? The guy has no brain. He will be suspended for four games, if he isn't then Goodell will lose credibility. Blank was a moron for letting Schaub go.

justasportsfan
05-16-2007, 11:27 AM
this is a case of mistaken identity. Those witnesses didn't see Vick, they saw ron Mexico.