PDA

View Full Version : Can someone answer these questions???

elltrain22
05-16-2007, 10:28 AM
1. How and why have our guys forgotten how to enter the puck into the offensive zone on a power play. On a simple puck entry, our guys will skate in by themselves (no back pass), then get poked check out of the zone 2 sec's later. On a dump and chase, the Ottawa guys beat us to our spots, out muscle us, and our forcheck goes completely astray. Is our forechecking that bad, or is Ottawa that much more physical than us??

2. Why is Drew Stafford still a healthy scratch?? He is formattible player, w/ great skill both off & def. I haven't seen Kotalik, Max any others do a damn thing. Am I wrong here??

3. Is Spacek ever gonna wake up, and stop giving the puck up everytime, or will he ever let a pass not skip his stick??

4. Why does Vanek not realize he has 4 other teammates he could pass to. This guy has phenemonal skill, but he forces the issue way too much. Am I wrong??

5. I agree w/ putting the puck on net, but does it seem like we are just shooting to shoot?? A lotta times, our guys just shoot w/o even looking at a specific target.

6. How in he## do we give up a 2 on 0 break on a friggen power play!!!!!!!!!!!

SpillerThrills
05-16-2007, 11:35 AM
4. Why does Vanek not realize he has 4 other teammates he could pass to. This guy has phenemonal skill, but he forces the issue way too much. Am I wrong??

4. every time he gets the puck, and can skate it in, you already know he's gonna try that big drag around the D-man..... if a fan can figure it out, you can gaurantee that Ott already has!!!

6. I believe that it was Kalinin AGAIN on the give away there............ not much more needs to be said.

Earthquake Enyart
05-16-2007, 11:41 AM
1. Ottawa is more physical.

2. Stafford isn't physical enough to make any difference.

3. Kalinin is worse.

4. Vanek panics when he gets behind and thinks that he has to do it all himself. Hopefully he will mature.

5. 15 shots on goal isn't putting the puck on the net.

6. The point guys aren't shooting very well. One blocked shot up high will lead to shorthanded breakaways.

Meathead
05-16-2007, 11:52 AM
1 - 99). the young sabres are crumbling under the pressure of being the top seed (ie. see ottawa 2006, among others)

G Wolly
05-16-2007, 04:46 PM
1. How and why have our guys forgotten how to enter the puck into the offensive zone on a power play. On a simple puck entry, our guys will skate in by themselves (no back pass), then get poked check out of the zone 2 sec's later. On a dump and chase, the Ottawa guys beat us to our spots, out muscle us, and our forcheck goes completely astray. Is our forechecking that bad, or is Ottawa that much more physical than us??

2. Why is Drew Stafford still a healthy scratch?? He is formattible player, w/ great skill both off & def. I haven't seen Kotalik, Max any others do a damn thing. Am I wrong here??

3. Is Spacek ever gonna wake up, and stop giving the puck up everytime, or will he ever let a pass not skip his stick??

5. I agree w/ putting the puck on net, but does it seem like we are just shooting to shoot?? A lotta times, our guys just shoot w/o even looking at a specific target.

1 Bad forecheck
2 You're right, I agree, unfortunately it's up to Lindy
3 Yea, once in a great while
4 I slightly agree with you. When Vanek knows he has a chance he takes it, otherwise he'll pass
5 Have you ever played ice hockey?
6 Max Afinogenov

chernobylwraiths
05-16-2007, 04:49 PM
5. :rofl: