PDA

View Full Version : Marshawn to throw out first pitch

ucsherry
05-16-2007, 12:14 PM
for the Oakland A's. From the A's web site:
Former Cal running back Marshawn Lynch, the first-round pick of the Buffalo Bills, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch before tonight's game. He will also host a group from the Oakland Boys & Girls club that will get to participate in pre-game infield practice.

Oakland A's fans want to know if he can also close games for them.

Pride
05-16-2007, 02:54 PM
How does this work? If he hasnt signed a contract yet, how does he have any money?

Aside from that, I think its great that he is getting involved... regardless of where he's doing it!

G. Host
05-16-2007, 04:37 PM
Lots of 1st round olayers borrow money based upon that first contract. Some even have insurance which will pay out the contract if they get hurt before they sign.

ublinkwescore
05-16-2007, 06:34 PM
and he just became a local celebrity - someone probably sponsored the boys and girls club night out or what ever it is ahead of time, and asked Marshawn if he'd be interested in participating, he said yes to help his image even further.

B-DON
05-16-2007, 08:33 PM
I love the A's almost as much as the bills. And the closer joke wasnt funny. Street will be just fine even though the rest of our bullpen sucks balls right now. World Series here we come baby!!! Awesome to see lynch getting some pub. Been a long time since we have had a media celebrity that you see everyday on Sportscenter. Hopefully Lynch is that guy.

superbills
05-17-2007, 07:45 AM
I love the A's almost as much as the bills. And the closer joke wasnt funny. Street will be just fine even though the rest of our bullpen sucks balls right now. World Series here we come baby!!! Awesome to see lynch getting some pub. Been a long time since we have had a media celebrity that you see everyday on Sportscenter. Hopefully Lynch is that guy.

Just hopefully not in a PAC-Man Jones kind of way :up:

Seriously, though, I think Marshawn is going to be great, both on the field and off for this community. Can't wait to see him get going here!

patmoran2006
05-17-2007, 07:55 AM
Lynch threw the ball in the dirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ublinkwescore
05-17-2007, 08:11 AM
Lynch threw the ball in the dirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, in his defense, throwing a football and throwing a baseball are a little bit different.

I can throw a football 55 yards, and drop it in people's hands in full stride over their shoulders, but I happily admit that I can't throw a baseball for $#!t.