X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Uhhh, are we not bringing any LBs in?!

Since everyone is convinced that Wendling is going to play LB can anyone point out where the Bills have posted this.

In addition are we really going with Poz-Crowell-Ellison and leaving the depth chart with Wire, Haggen, Wire, DiGorgio, etc.?

Sorry guys but this still looks putrid to me.
  • gil
    • Mar 2005

Re: Uhhh, are we not bringing any LBs in?!

I think we're going to see more June 1 roster cuts this year - hopefully they can swing something after then.

I sincerely believe that the front office is not happy with our depth either.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
      • Feb 2005

Crowell, Posluzny, Ellison
      Haggan, Stamer, DiGiorgio, Wire

That's a sufficient LB core.

If we landed, let's say Briggs, we'd have to lose 1 of them... Right now I'd say that would be DiGiorgio because Haggan and Stammer have experience and we need Wire for his versatillity for SS depth.

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

We did just sign Larry Edwards. Wether or not he contributes is another story.

Comment

• camelcowboy
          • Mar 2005

i think wendling might play some nickel for us this year. If not him one of the safeties will have more of a role in coverage imo

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

If Wire is going to count twice, we're really screwed.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

I've heard Wendling for CB, S and now LB.

What is this guy, the next Jason Peters? It's good to have versatile players but it would also be nice to let our guys develop into good players at ONE position.

Plus, we already have a "tweener" playing LB in Wire. We don't need another undersized tweener.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Scumbag College
                • Oct 2002

Wendling is more depth at S...he is a major project at LB and I doubt we see him at LB in 2007 in the base defense. He might be used in some sort of nickel and dime package like camel said.
                Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

I have been one who suggested that Wendling is more likely to be converted to a linebacker than to ever play cornerback. That said, I don't think the Bills are in any rush to do either. I think they see him as a safety who can contribute on special teams. Except that Ellison is now expected to start, instead of being one of the reserves, the depth at linebacker isn't a whole lot different than it was a year ago. I'm very skeptical of Haggan's ability to play in the Tampa 2 given that he's not at all fast. The Bills, on the other hand, insist he can. We'll see. I think Washington has at least an outside shot to displace DiGiorgio based on his ability in run defense, but DiGiorgio might be the better pass defender. I don't know if a decent veteran will become available in June or not, but there is a very good chance that what you see is what we've got.
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• HAMMER
                    I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                    • Jul 2003

Another negative thread, imagine that.

Comment

• Marvelous
                      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                      Since everyone is convinced that Wendling is going to play LB can anyone point out where the Bills have posted this.

In addition are we really going with Poz-Crowell-Ellison and leaving the depth chart with Wire, Haggen, Wire, DiGorgio, etc.?

Sorry guys but this still looks putrid to me.
                      I'm not "convinced". So not everyone bro....3 days of camp, udfa..cmon now...
                      We go with our previous backups unless they get straight up outperformed/played etc..
                      -Hurricane, you know alot of Bills fans like the hype/idea of some new, under the radar player who can be the next....
                      Wire & Haggen are OK for depth. Not like we need a grooming player waiting, providing depth at every position..IMO Our LB corps could be decent..
                      -Crowell is awesome as long as his leg is solid.
                      -Ellison impressed me enough to not be against him starting, and Poz should be starting.. Maybe we need a FA LB but if it's a lesser known LB then is that any better then Haggans, DIgeogrio or even Wire.. Wire will be BETTER AT lb BUT IMO HIS BAD ANGLES WILL STILL BE THE SAME, BUT IF HE'S NOT STARTING THEN WTF.. oops caps
                      GO BILLS!!! NE
                      Magical Trevor

Comment

• Bert102176
                        • Aug 2002

stamer sucks
                        lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by concreteboy
                          We are pretty deep at LB, hopefully Stamer finally gets a chance to showcase his talents and ends up starting.
                          we're deep at LB? LB depth is one of the biggest holes on the team.

Our starters are Crowell (decent starter- nothing spectacular), Poz (should be good but he's an untested rookie) and Ellison (another unknown- he did OK last year but was on the field mainly due to injuries and would be second string at best on a lot of teams).

Behind them we have Wire, Stamer, Haggan and DiGiorgio.

DiGiorgio is untested and either a late round pick or UDFA (can't remember right now)- while it's possible that he could be servicable, it's also highly unlikely.

Stamer and Haggan have had value on ST but have yet to do anything at LB. They both lost out to the rookie Ellison last year (although in Stamer's defense, he was injured). Haggan was healthy and still couldn't get on the field at LB despite injuries to Spikes and Crowell.

Wire is a STer and that's the only reason he's on this team. He's undersized at LB and his problem at S was pass coverage, which is also required of LB's in the cover 2. He's also too small to shed blockers in run support.

So, if Ellison and Poz come through, we might have a servicable starting LB corps, but our depth is terrible.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

we have good depth.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                              Defies all logic
                              • Oct 2006

Our starting LB core on paper looks pretty good but the only problem is that Angelo Crowell has yet to stay healthy ALL season long. I do think that Larry Edwards and Thaddeus Washington have outside shots at making the roster but we wont know for sure until preseason. Look for the Bills to bring another LB/CB once teams start slimming down their rosters. Dhani Jones is a name that comes to my mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X