PDA

View Full Version : A few games may be closed to sold out already

cordog
05-16-2007, 04:58 PM
Individual game tickets went on sale today for season ticket holders. I got some friends a few tickets to the Denver and Dallas games. When I called in only the Upper Deck Corners were availiable for the Cowboys. I just checked online at the availiability for the Broncos game and the best availiable tickets are in the upper deck 35 rows up. We are still 2 months away from tickets being availiable to the general public!! Looks like we may have 8 sellouts this year.

The Spaz
05-16-2007, 05:38 PM
So much for a attendance drop.

Pinkerton Security
05-16-2007, 05:40 PM
Individual game tickets went on sale today for season ticket holders. I got some friends a few tickets to the Denver and Dallas games. When I called in only the Upper Deck Corners were availiable for the Cowboys. I just checked online at the availiability for the Broncos game and the best availiable tickets are in the upper deck 35 rows up. We are still 2 months away from tickets being availiable to the general public!! Looks like we may have 8 sellouts this year.

Ya a friend got me tix to a few games, and for the Dallas game we had to settle for 308.

LtFinFan66
05-16-2007, 05:40 PM
That's only 2 games. The opener and a big name team. Still a ways to go but for the local viewers sake, I hope you guys to sell them all out

The Spaz
05-16-2007, 05:43 PM
That's only 2 games. The opener and a big name team. Still a ways to go but for the local viewers sake, I hope you guys to sell them all out

How are the Dolphins ticket sales doing?

patmoran2006
05-16-2007, 05:51 PM
Dallas and Denver are given sellouts.. I'd expect NE to sell out as well.

The other games we'll have to wait and see, especially in the home games after Dallas.

LtFinFan66
05-16-2007, 05:51 PM
I don't know. I wasn't talking smack, just pointing out a fact

camelcowboy
05-16-2007, 05:54 PM
got my dallas tixs today.

Voltron
05-16-2007, 06:11 PM
I don't know. I wasn't talking smack, just pointing out a fact
I think he was generaly intrested in how sales have been. With all the negative press that your draft got it would be intresting to see if any of the fans even listen to the press. :idunno:

LtFinFan66
05-16-2007, 06:20 PM
In that case, I have no idea. i am not buying any home games tickets this year so I have not checked:idunno:

G. Host
05-16-2007, 06:49 PM
The Bills front office often does this - they sell early those they do not expect to sell season tickets for and then later in year open up some seats to single game tickets.

If you want to really check availability call the office and say you want to buy season tickets - you will get a better indication of true availability.

Goobylal
05-16-2007, 08:23 PM
I expect at least the Broncos, Dallas, Pats, Giants and Jets games to sell-out, and there to be close to a 50-50 mix of fans, which I find disgusting. The others could be close to selling-out.

gil
05-16-2007, 09:09 PM
Dallas and Denver are given sellouts.. I'd expect NE to sell out as well.

The other games we'll have to wait and see, especially in the home games after Dallas.

No one is going to buy any tickets because they picked a QB in the 3rd and a RB in the 4th - it's a commitment to losing, haven't you heard?

Ebenezer
05-16-2007, 09:15 PM
except for the dead end zone the entire bottom bowl was sold out for the Giants game.

HAMMER
05-16-2007, 10:36 PM
No way, the Bills can't sell out games, Moron said so.

Night Train
05-17-2007, 04:19 AM
Stupid, homer fans.

Time to b!tch about it in a Blog.

mybills
05-17-2007, 06:14 AM
No one is going to buy any tickets because they picked a QB in the 3rd and a RB in the 4th - it's a commitment to losing, haven't you heard?
:rofl:

BillyT92679
05-17-2007, 08:17 AM
I have seasons and called the ticket office to see if my invoice was completed (got a bill in the mail, it crossed with my online payment). I was all set and I asked how many tickets got sold. The ticket guy told me they have already sold 6 thousand more seasons than they did a year ago and that, with the availability of individual seats sold to season ticket owners, 5 or 6 games would be sold out before individual game sales go on sale to the general public in mid July.

justasportsfan
05-17-2007, 08:21 AM
I have seasons and called the ticket office to see if my invoice was completed (got a bill in the mail, it crossed with my online payment). I was all set and I asked how many tickets got sold. The ticket guy told me they have already sold 6 thousand more seasons than they did a year ago and that, with the availability of individual seats sold to season ticket owners, 5 or 6 games would be sold out before individual game sales go on sale to the general public in mid July.
that's what drafting Lynch and Poz can do.

patmoran2006
05-17-2007, 08:22 AM
I believe YOU but I find that hard to believe. I'll believe 5-6 games are sold out before single game seats go on sale when I see it.

Id be willing to bet that there will be at least 3 blackouts this year-- but that would imply the Bills will suck and I'd be rooting against them and contrary to what a couple of nuthuggers on here think, that's not the case at all. I dont WANT the situation to be bad, I fear it will and there's a difference.

I will say this though. Lynch was a great draft pick- and NOT only for on the field. His selection creates a level of excitement off it.

SquishDaFish
05-17-2007, 08:30 AM
ATTENTION according to PAT The WORLD WILL END SOMEDAY so lets cry about it NOW!

BillyT92679
05-17-2007, 08:34 AM
I believe YOU but I find that hard to believe. I'll believe 5-6 games are sold out before single game seats go on sale when I see it.

Id be willing to bet that there will be at least 3 blackouts this year-- but that would imply the Bills will suck and I'd be rooting against them and contrary to what a couple of nuthuggers on here think, that's not the case at all. I dont WANT the situation to be bad, I fear it will and there's a difference.

I will say this though. Lynch was a great draft pick- and NOT only for on the field. His selection creates a level of excitement off it.
The one thing is that there are tons of games against teams which will bring a lot of fans themselves to the Ralph (i.e. the Giants, the Cowboys, the Jets, the Patriots). The Dolphins game was the only blackout that was very close to selling out last year, so it should be sold out this year with more seasons sold. The Ravens will be, perhaps, the hottest ticket in town. The home opener always sells out.
The only potentially trip up is the Bengals game, and that's still early enough to get casual fans.

Dozerdog
05-17-2007, 08:40 AM

The schedule is working against you- Pat

The late december games at home are the Browns and Giants- both teams travel very well as their home stadiums are locked down with sellouts. Browns - like the Steelers - have fans that travel to a lot of games regionally.

Dallas sells out everywhere

The opener will sell out

The Patriots- see above with Browns/Steelers/Giants

Divisional games usually sell out too- Miami & The Jets.

Dozerdog
05-17-2007, 08:45 AM

The late december games at home are the Browns and Giants- both teams travel very well as their home stadiums are locked down with sellouts. Browns - like the Steelers - have fans that travel to a lot of games regionally.

The opener will sell out

That leaves the Ravens in October, and the Bengals early november. September/ October games usually sell out as well- unless the opponent really stinks. Your only bet is the Bengal game- and the casual fan that might want to see one game a year might be forced to go to that one due to lack of availability.

Last year the schedule really screwed the Bills- lots of cold weather games vs non- playoff teams.

Bill Brasky
05-17-2007, 08:45 AM
just buy seasons, they are the best investment!

justasportsfan
05-17-2007, 08:47 AM
That leaves the Ravens in October, . anyone think Willis will cause the game to sell out?

BillyT92679
05-17-2007, 08:49 AM

The opener will sell out

Good call, except the Bills are at Cleveland on December 16... they host Miami on December 9 and the Giants on December 23... other than last year, every single Dolphins game has sold out since 1987

Goobylal
05-17-2007, 08:53 AM
Call up the ticket office and find out the sad (for you) truth yourself.

superbills
05-17-2007, 09:37 AM
I work for the company that maintains the phone system for the Bills. I was talking to our on-site tech this morning and he said that their ticket lines are jammed pretty much the entire day, since the season ticket individuals went on sale. To put that in perspective, they have three T1 lines dedicated to ticket sales. That's 23 "lines" or trunks on each for a total of a possible 69 simultaneous calls at any given moment. Spread this out over the course of a day or week and we're talking huge demand. We may sell them all our this year folks. There is a definite buzz about this team.

Jan Reimers
05-17-2007, 11:01 AM
I work for the company that maintains the phone system for the Bills. I was talking to our on-site tech this morning and he said that their ticket lines are jammed pretty much the entire day, since the season ticket individuals went on sale. To put that in perspective, they have three T1 lines dedicated to ticket sales. That's 23 "lines" or trunks on each for a total of a possible 69 simultaneous calls at any given moment. Spread this out over the course of a day or week and we're talking huge demand. We may sell them all our this year folks. There is a definite buzz about this team.
And add online and in-person sales, and it's even better. This is really good news. Only Pat can find the negative in it.

Dozerdog
05-17-2007, 01:52 PM
I hope the boys (Eb & Clump) get their orders placed

patmoran2006
05-17-2007, 02:51 PM

The opener will sell out

Contrary to popular opinion.. I WANT the Bills to sell out EVERY GAME: I dont get happy with blackouts and the team being in trouble because of it. From a fan and a business perspective, it's in my best interest for the team to be POPULAR amongst fans.

I'm just not buying into it until I see the numbers.. Last year is still fresh in my head.

HAMMER
05-17-2007, 04:46 PM
Contrary to popular opinion.. I WANT the Bills to sell out EVERY GAME: I dont get happy with blackouts and the team being in trouble because of it. From a fan and a business perspective, it's in my best interest for the team to be POPULAR amongst fans.

I'm just not buying into it until I see the numbers.. Last year is still fresh in my head.

Sell outs mean more cans for you to pick up in the lot after the game?

TigerJ
05-17-2007, 06:23 PM
I'm thinking about trying to get a couple tickets to the Dallas game, but if it sells out before tickets go on sale to the general public, I guess I'll have to sit at home and console myself.

BillsFever21
05-18-2007, 04:07 AM

Of course the home opener is gonna sell out along with the MNF game. We sold out our first 4 games last year in hardly any time but the problem is we couldn't sell anymore tickets besides that.

patmoran2006
05-18-2007, 08:10 AM
You stay classy.

BuffaloBillsStampede
05-18-2007, 08:24 AM
TigerJ if you cant get them from the Bills go to StubHub.com, I have used that site a number of times and never had any problems with it. Might be a little more expensive but shouldn't be too bad.

justasportsfan
05-18-2007, 08:39 AM
:roflmao: