PDA

View Full Version : Lindy Ruff made a terrible move

chernobylwraiths
05-16-2007, 10:26 PM
I have bashed Lindy in the past, but I have since gone back on my words and think he is a very good coach. Maybe not very technical, but very good nonetheless.

That withstanding, he made a terrible move allowing Kalinin and Zubrus to play tonight. They were both hurt and shortened the bench. I think a fresh Paetch and Stafford could have really helped.

I also thought Afinogenov was skating well tonight and could have used more ice time.

As usual, Drury came through with a big game being on the ice for all three goals, assisting on one and getting the one goal (eventual game winner).

Lastly, I still think the Sabres didn't look great, but much better than last game.

Dr. Lecter
05-16-2007, 10:29 PM
I agree 100% on Zubrus.

Kalinin played on the PK, including when Lydman was followed by Campbell into he box. In those situations, he was crucial so I understand why he played.

But Stafford (or Paille) should have been in ahead of Zubrus.

chernobylwraiths
05-16-2007, 10:37 PM
I agree 100% on Zubrus.

Kalinin played on the PK, including when Lydman was followed by Campbell into he box. In those situations, he was crucial so I understand why he played.

But Stafford (or Paille) should have been in ahead of Zubrus.

I don't know about Staffor or Paille. I'm sure Paille is much better defensively and would be more physical, but Stafford could possibly help on offense. I hope Zubrus isn't hurt too bad.

SabreEleven
05-16-2007, 10:41 PM

This is just asking for an ass ****ing.

HAMMER
05-17-2007, 09:38 AM
The way this team has played in all four games I think a little shakeup would be a good thing. Fresh legs, fresh heart.