PDA

View Full Version : Junior Seau leaving Chargers?

justasportsfan
03-14-2003, 08:16 AM
Chargers | Seau Leaving? - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
5:54 PT: Jim Trotter reports for the Union Tribune San Diego Chargers LB Junior Seau said he has played his final game for the team. The Chargers have given his agent permission to talk trade with other NFL clubs, and if one doesn't materialize, Seau said he expects to be released. "It's definitely good and bad," Seau said after speaking with coach Marty Schottenheimer. "It's time for us to part ways. There will be some disgruntled people and disgruntled fans, but it was time. I have so many great memories from my time in San Diego, but I look forward to the challenge ahead. I have no regrets about what was done. I wish everyone the best."

Mr. Miyagi
03-14-2003, 08:24 AM
Maybe Dan Synder will snap him up too. He likes over the hill has been players.

justasportsfan
03-14-2003, 08:34 AM
He was one of the smartest LB's I've ever seen. Just watching him play was awsome.

casdhf
03-14-2003, 08:57 AM
pass

justasportsfan
03-14-2003, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by casdhf
pass

Definitely. Unless he'll take minimum. :D

Bulldog
03-14-2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
Maybe Dan Synder will snap him up too. He likes over the hill has been players.

A healthy Seau is not washed up! This guy can still play at a pretty high level. Great leader also.

Earthquake Enyart
03-14-2003, 09:41 AM
Overrated

Voltron
03-14-2003, 09:56 AM
I think we are set at line backer for now :)

ArcticWildMan
03-14-2003, 10:05 AM
I have a question for the fans in San Diego...How do you like John Butler now? Welcome to the John Butler school of cap hell :snicker:

justasportsfan
03-14-2003, 10:52 AM
I don't think this will happen but aren't the fins looking for a OLB? I don't think they can afford him but imagine, we get Spikes, Pats get Colvin and Fins get Seau? Hmmmm.

JJamezz
03-14-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
I have a question for the fans in San Diego...How do you like John Butler now? Welcome to the John Butler school of cap hell :snicker:

:lol:

He had them set up for trouble within weeks of his arrival!

I think he should have taken Donohoe's cap class a couple of weeks back.. hehe

Ebenezer
03-14-2003, 11:36 AM
Wouldn't Seau in a Buffalo uni just slap Buttler right across the face!!!

Mr. Miyagi
03-14-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
Wouldn't Seau in a Buffalo uni just slap Buttler right across the face!!!
It'd probably hurt like the way we felt when Flutlie, Wiley, and Christie left us to go to SD.

Tatonka
03-14-2003, 12:08 PM
seau is a MLB.. too slow to play OLB, especially at this point in his career...

as far has him on our team.. i would take him over fletcher in a new york minute

lunatic_bills_fan
03-14-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
seau is a MLB.. too slow to play OLB, especially at this point in his career...

as far has him on our team.. i would take him over fletcher in a new york minute

exactly T,
People say he is washed up, but I would argue very strongly about the fact that his speed and his strength would make an incredible MLB for anyone in the NFL.

SABURZFAN
03-14-2003, 10:13 PM
the Fatman isn't cutting seau for salary cap purposes,is he?how many more tim dwight contracts will he take on in san diego??:snicker:

kgun12
03-14-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

It'd probably hurt like the way we felt when Flutlie, Wiley, and Christie left us to go to SD.

Wiley is the only one we missed! As for the mullet just his name makes me :puke: Christie was on the down side.

WG
03-15-2003, 09:45 AM
Butler's an idiot!

BTW, didn't Seau play WLB too?

I think he'd be fine here as a SLB. I don't care what we've been told about Posey, he's a one-year-wonder so far and that was in a completely different system than he'll be in here.

I agree, Seau is too slow to play WLB or even MLB, but I think we can be sure that he'd be better than Posey. :rolleyes:

He's got good size and above average speed even now. At 34 and coming off of ankle injuries, he's not gonna command an enormous salary. Some team may overpay him, but I'm suspecting in the $2-3M range annual, and much of that will be for the name and intangibles which wouldn't be as big as they were in S.D. Again, at 34 his first and only priority may be to win a championship. If he shops that around and realizes that it may cost him a million for the shot, he may take it.

I would gladly take Seau here and put Posey as a B/U. That would give us one of the most solid LBing corps in the league depth and all! I'm not sure it's possible or if TD is considering that. But it makes sense. We also play S.D. in Buffalo this year. :evil: If Seau realizes that we are likely the AFC team to beat assuming we fix our DT issue, then he may very well decide to come here. Tennessee won't pursue him.

Could you imagine though?

Spikes, Fletcher, Seau!!! Talk about hard hitting!!!

I'm not a big Fletcher raver, but even he would be very, very good in such an alignment. Add Adams or another June 1st DT, :evil:...

Michael82
03-15-2003, 05:41 PM
Wys....we don't play San Diego in Buffalo this year....we play KC from that division, but its in KC. :rolleyes: