PDA

View Full Version : I dont even hear any Moulds rumors

patmoran2006
05-17-2007, 07:42 AM
This guy must of really burned bridges inside front offices or something.

Forget Buffalo, I havent even heard of him visiting a team over the past month or so. Kind of baffling, because even though he's older he does still have the ability to be a #2 or at least #3 WR for someone.

He must've really become a problem in the locker room, which is the total opposite from when I remember him from the early 2000's.

I thought he'd have signed somewhere by now. I thought Minnesota was a strong possibility, but not after drafting two WR's on draft day.

streetkings01
05-17-2007, 07:51 AM
I wonder how Moulds feel now? He was asked to take a pay cut by us that would have still paid him like 4-5 mill per season. Should have just kept his mouth shut and given the the new regime a chance.

patmoran2006
05-17-2007, 07:54 AM
I wonder how Moulds feel now? He was asked to take a pay cut by us that would have still paid him like 4-5 mill per season. Should have just kept his mouth shut and given the the new regime a chance.
Yes, that was definitely a bad business decision. Had he kept his mouth shut he'd have had to restructure and/or paycut. But he'd still be making a decent salary and more importantly he'd probably still be our #2 WR.

I just find it odd that he hasn't drawn any interest (publicly anyway) from a single team.

Dr. Lecter
05-17-2007, 07:57 AM
Between his age, declining production, throwing JP under the bus and his hissy fit in the Miami game (after Evans 3 TD's) I think most teams will stay away.

You can be an ass and still get a job inthe NFL, but Moulds is not at TO's level.

patmoran2006
05-17-2007, 08:06 AM
I dont see any teams in dire need of a WR right now.. So if he lands a job I suspect it wouldn't be until camp when a starter from some team goes down with a significant injury. It always happens to someone.

jamze132
05-17-2007, 08:11 AM
I still say that he is a better option at #2 than what we currently have.

SquishDaFish
05-17-2007, 08:20 AM
Not with his attidude hes not.

PECKERWOOD
05-17-2007, 08:23 AM
How many regimes did people want Moulds to stick around for?? I dont blame him one bit for leaving Buffalo but I'm not pleased with the way he went about doing it.

patmoran2006
05-17-2007, 08:24 AM
He'll never come back to Buffalo. I suspect the parting between him and the FO was a lot nastier than what was made public.

It's a shame too, because he's still clearly better than Price or Reed.

Mr. Miyagi
05-17-2007, 09:28 AM
Of course he'll probably end up in New England. Everyone does.

Dr. Lecter
05-17-2007, 09:34 AM
He'll never come back to Buffalo. I suspect the parting between him and the FO was a lot nastier than what was made public.

It's a shame too, because he's still clearly better than Price or Reed.

Maybe more talented. (although he really sucked last year).

But is he better, once you consider attitude/ego? The game is much more than athletic (or football) ability.

I am not conviced that Price/Reed are worse fits than Moulds based on what kind of teammate Moulds is.
If, (a big if), he understands his role and apologizes bring him in. If not, he can go elsewhere.

Mitchy moo
05-17-2007, 09:36 AM

remember he would understand he would be a #2 and not the main guy, so the situation is different. He also might appreciate having a job instead of being a sideliner. He also has more than a mild familiarity with the Buffalo area and might have learned his lesson.

With all that being said, he can go F- himself.

Dr. Lecter
05-17-2007, 09:38 AM
BTW, here are the numbers for Moulds, Price and Reed last year:

EM: 57 rec, 557 yards, 9.8 average, 1 TD

PP: 49 rec, 402 yards, 8.2 average, 3 TD

JR: 34 rec, 410 yards, 12.1 average, 2 TD

Different offenses obviously, but is Moulds really a big upgrade?

JJamezz
05-17-2007, 09:40 AM
The Bills showing no interest is one thing, but the fact that the other 31 teams haven't, speaks volumes to me.. Maybe the guy just flat out can't play anymore?

The Answer
05-17-2007, 11:57 AM
Look for Moulds to be reunited with The Holcomb - either in Philly or some other team.

He's still a productive player and can go toe to toe with the best DB's in the league.

~The Answer

Mr. Miyagi
05-17-2007, 12:09 PM
Look for Moulds to be reunited with The Holcomb - either in Philly or some other team.

He's still a productive player and can go toe to toe with the best DB's in the league.

~The Answer
God you are annoying.

mikemac2001
05-17-2007, 01:12 PM
BTW, here are the numbers for Moulds, Price and Reed last year:

EM: 57 rec, 557 yards, 9.8 average, 1 TD

PP: 49 rec, 402 yards, 8.2 average, 3 TD

JR: 34 rec, 410 yards, 12.1 average, 2 TD

Different offenses obviously, but is Moulds really a big upgrade?

Houston O is all about #1 WR every play is meant for them its why andre johnson always gets a huge amount of catches (and he is talented and there always down) but thats what moulds hated he wanted more passes thrown to him and it was more focused on #1

id like to him in buffalo maybe for 2 years maybe get one more playoff run with him
up until last year he was always good sport about stuff...but u gotta think a career of losing just wouldnt sit well with me either

jamze132
05-17-2007, 03:49 PM
I'm willing to bet that his attitude would be much better if he came back to Buffalo. He knows he isn't the #1 and he is on the downside of his career. It would be a more team oriented Moulds.

Chris23
05-17-2007, 03:53 PM

~The Answer
Get off Holcombs nuts! He sucked as a player and you suck as a poster.

PECKERWOOD
05-17-2007, 04:24 PM
I'm willing to bet that his attitude would be much better if he came back to Buffalo. He knows he isn't the #1 and he is on the downside of his career. It would be a more team oriented Moulds.

It might be pretty awkward between him and Lee. I don't think that brining Moulds back is the right decision, if we want a possession reciever then Keyshawn Johnson is the best way to go. I think both signings however are highly unlikely.

casdhf
05-17-2007, 05:16 PM
He's probably getting vet min interest. But, I doubt Eric would play for that.

Jan Reimers
05-17-2007, 06:43 PM
I think Chris Brown mentioned in one of his blogs that the Bills' locker room is the most close-knit he's seen since the Super Bowl era.

Why would we bring in Moulds (or Moss or Meshawn, for that matter) to ruin it.

BADTHINGSMAN
05-17-2007, 06:50 PM
Its pretty bad when even the Redskins arent interested..

The Answer
05-17-2007, 10:03 PM
Found this on another board, no link though:

"Eric Moulds is rumored to have expressed on a local Mississippi radio station that he is interested in returning to Buffalo, lining up opposite to Lee Evans (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Evans_%28football_player%29). This is just speculation at this time. The Vikings have made casual inquiries about Eric Moulds."

~The Answer