PDA

View Full Version : We were 110% better last night...

elltrain22
05-17-2007, 08:08 AM
Here were some things I saw that we did better....

1.) PK unit was really good (last 2 games acutally) Except for that 3rd period pp where Ottawa kept the puck in our zone the whole 2 minutes, our PK unit was very nasty last night.

2.) PP unit was alot better. We took good shots at the net, set up scoring opp's, and didn't retreat the whole time like we've been doing in games 1-3. We're still a long ways from being as good as we could be, but this could be the shot in the arm that we needed

3.) We did not give the puck away as much, which is an obvious sign that the guys watched & saw some things that could be corrected to limit this

4.) I saw us hitting alot harder and more often. Ottawa still outhit us, and still won alot of on and off the puck battles, but I saw much more grit in this game compared to the others.

5.) We played 60 minutes of hockey. Up to this point we've only played well in spurts, but last night, I thought we played well thoughout the entire game.

=====================================================

Here are some things we still need to improve upon for game's 5-7 (and yeah, they will be friggen necessary)

1.) Stop losing so many damn faceoffs!! If it weren't for that one in game 2, who knows, this series could be 2-2

2.) Stay outta of the penalty box. We've been doing well w/ that, but last night was not so much.

3.) Stop giving up scoring opp's to Ottawa shorthanded. That is totally inexcuseable

casdhf
05-17-2007, 11:23 AM
I thinke we need to score first again. That lit up our guys and I think messed with Ray Ray a bit.

Mr. Miyagi
05-18-2007, 02:17 PM
When we have the puck there's always a Ottawa guy right in our face trying to take it away.

When they have the puck we just kinda skate around them and watch them go by us or let them pass it.

We seem to avoid contact, afraid of getting hit or something. We slow down and brace for a hit or get rid of it like a hot potato everytime someone comes close.

Take shots! That's how you score!

No more turnovers! We gotta stop with the terrible passes.

Skate hard people! PP time and we just kinda hang around, even turing it over and get attacked short-handed. WTF?

Sense of urgency has to be all 60 minutes, not the last 2 minutes!

Typ0
05-18-2007, 08:41 PM
I was quite impressed the way they responded after that horrible kill in the third. Sens got another penalty and I was screaming because they were going to score...but we killed off the next penalty very well instead of wilting.