PDA

View Full Version : Stop the run!!!

Jaybird
05-17-2007, 11:17 PM
i dont know about u guys, but i cant handle watching another season of us not being able to stop the run. We will be matched up against plenty of good backs this season, and it is a must.

OpIv37
05-18-2007, 08:08 AM
I really think that we are going to have the worst run defense in the nfl, but our pass defense should be ok because we are loaded with probowl calibur players there.

our pass D will be okay because no one will have to pass- they'll just keep cramming the ball down our throats and we won't be able to do anything about it.

patmoran2006
05-18-2007, 08:16 AM
I really think that we are going to have the worst run defense in the nfl, but our pass defense should be ok because we are loaded with probowl calibur players there.
"loaded"???? I'll give you Whitner because he was a Top 10 draft pick (though the AFC is stacked with great safeties). Who else in our pass defense is probowl calibur?

Pinkerton Security
05-18-2007, 08:21 AM
"loaded"???? I'll give you Whitner because he was a Top 10 draft pick (though the AFC is stacked with great safeties). Who else in our pass defense is probowl calibur?

wendling???:sad:

ya, we're most definitely not stacked by any stretch of the imagination, and it may well be our weakest spot, from a depth standpoint. close call with that and our LBs.

justasportsfan
05-18-2007, 08:26 AM
our pass D will be okay because no one will have to pass- they'll just keep cramming the ball down our throats and we won't be able to do anything about it.
we shall see if that gut feeling of yours is just rice and beans.

alohabillsfan
05-18-2007, 10:07 AM
The only way this defense stops the run is if the offense puts up 24+ points per game... We avg. 22.2 over the last 9 games last season so lets hope the addition of Dockery, Walker, Whittle, Lynch, and Wright add up to a more consistant scoring offense!

raphael120
05-18-2007, 12:24 PM
OH you mean the pro bowl calibre-esque players by the names of Coy Wire, Josh Stamer, and Mario Haggan! :smile: