PDA

View Full Version : Why Ruff is going to be coach of the year, again...

Mitchy moo
05-18-2007, 08:47 AM
The Sabres played better in their zone in game 4 and skated back as a team. Vanek sat because he, unlike the rest of the team did want to take the body as well as the puck. He blew a play in our zone by just trying to swipe the puck past a guy, when he could of hit him and held him up enough. It cost us a goal as well as momentum, so Ruff figured the folks that want to to finish on a play will play. Those that don't can sit and watch, no more playing because you are X.

Those types of decisions lead me to believe that the Ruff will watch what everyone does and if they fail to perform on any shift, they sit and he gives them a chance and if they fail again they sit longer. I recognize the flaws and so does Ruff and he is acting accordingly. That will increase our chances and give us a much better opportunity to win, bench who will not work.

Goodluck looking back OP, that door is always open. It's the one in front of you that's going to close all too soon that's the real problem.

<!-- / message -->

mchurchfie
05-18-2007, 10:16 AM
If he benches everyone that hasn't showed up in this series we will be down to the equipment managers. Part of being a good coach is being able to inspire and get his guys to go to the wall for him. For whatever reason this team has laid down on him a little. He is as much to blame for not being able to counter Ottawa's strategies and for coaching what is a putrid PP.

Typ0
05-18-2007, 02:06 PM
If he benches everyone that hasn't showed up in this series we will be down to the equipment managers. Part of being a good coach is being able to inspire and get his guys to go to the wall for him. For whatever reason this team has laid down on him a little. He is as much to blame for not being able to counter Ottawa's strategies and for coaching what is a putrid PP.

good analysis...he's sitting guys because he has a feel for what they will respond to.

Coach Sal
05-18-2007, 04:31 PM
The Coach of the Year voting is done before tha playoffs.

RockStar36
05-19-2007, 12:13 PM
As much as I want Lindy to win COY, I highly doubt it is going to happen.

SabreEleven
05-19-2007, 12:34 PM
And it took the COTY 3 games to make changes?

pyrrhonist
05-19-2007, 04:12 PM
Alain Vigneault took a band of scabs and Luongo to the playoffs...Jack Adams winner.

Mitchy moo
05-19-2007, 04:19 PM
Alain Vigneault took a band of scabs and Luongo to the playoffs...Jack Adams winner.

you maybe right.......