• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Question
    Junior Zoner
    • May 2007

How do the Bills Improve?

The Question wants to know what the Bills need to do to be more succesful in the upcoming season.

The Question is curious because he feels that on paper the Bills lost more talent than hey have gained.

The Question has some concerns.

Who has the answer?

~ The Question
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Re: How do the Bills Improve?

Originally posted by The_Question
    Who has the answer?

Comment

• The_Question
      Junior Zoner
      • May 2007

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
      The Question wants to know what you're questioning.

~The Question

Comment

• Romes
        • Jul 2002

good question...
        Originally posted by paladin warrior
        RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

I question your brain powers answers to any question...

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

It depends on what your definition of improvement is.

If your talking about wins and losses, you can almost certainly forget about it. Our front office approach, whether for better or worse this year and beyond; placed their priority on the future and not the present. That was made obvious by still having among the top 5 in salary cap room in the NFL yet not signing any free agents on defense, despite losing/trading Fletcher/Clements and Spikes.

Further evidence this team is being built for the future and not present occured on draft day; when we took a QB on day one and another RB in round 4 after drafting Lynch and having A-Train on the roster.

So unless some really lucky breaks come our way; you can forget about W/L improvement this year.

But what can improve is the production of our young players. Guys on defense like Whitner/Simpson/Ellison/Youboty/McCargo. If these guys can all get significantly better this year.. AND next offseason our front office commits themselves to being a winning team and adds some key vets at important spots. Then in 2008 this team could become a contender.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

The Question wants to know what the Bills need to do to be more succesful in the upcoming season.

The Question is curious because he feels that on paper the Bills lost more talent than hey have gained.

Who has the answer?

~ The Question
              OK, I'll bit while my lasagna is heating up...

First of all define "successful?"

Clearly our (the Bills) definition of "success" is different than that of say Indy, San Diego, or the Pats for this coming season.

To be "more" successful for this season it is largely too late. We can begin to help ourselves to be more successful for future seasons. But doing it Levy's way" won't produce that, or if so, then only by creaping along, not in large strides. Have at it on that point.

Success this season would clearly entail both Poz and Lynch meeting their expectations. A failure to see either of those happen let alone both, would be terrible for this team.

Since there aren't many other new players upon which we are relying for massive strides, Dockery perhaps, we can only hope that many of our already here young players step up and play better than they have and continue to improve for last year's rookie crop.

Only after the results there are known can we begin to discuss next season.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

Pessimist view:

We lost two great LBs in Spikes and Fletcher, an All Pro CB in Clements, and an established RB in McGahee.

We gained a decent LG in Dockery, an overpaid boob in Langston Walker and a journeyman in Whittle.

The right side of our O-line will suck.

We won't be able to stop the run, because Darwin Walker won't help, McCargo is a bust, Williams is barely adequate, and Triplett is a major disappointment.

Poz can't come anywhere near replacing Fletcher and Ellison will never be Spikes, so our LB corps is much worse.

Youboty can't play, so we suck at CB.

Our safeties are OK, but Whitner was a reach, Simson was adequate, and Wendling will never turn into anything.

We are thin at LB and CB, not very good at TE, have no 2nd WR, and have to depend on rookie RBs.

Plus Marv is old, Ralph is cheap, and everything else about the organization sucks.

I'd give you the optimist side, but I'm tired of being hammered by those who know so much more than I.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                  I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                  • Sep 2004

Are you married to The Answer?
                  The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    • May 2003

Oh, I forgot that the DEs are weak, too, and the addition of Edwards will start an immediate QB controversy.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The Answer
                      The Plagiarist
                      • Mar 2007

Who has the answer?

~ The Question
                      Didn't you get banned already?

Troll.

~The Answer

Comment

• The_Question
                        Junior Zoner
                        • May 2007

Originally posted by The Answer
                        Didn't you get banned already?

Troll.

~The Answer
                        Did I?

~The Question

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          • May 2003

Oh yeah, and every pick from the 3rd through the 7th rounds - most notably Edwards and Wright - were stupid and unnecessary and didn't address areas of need.

Comment

• The Answer
                            The Plagiarist
                            • Mar 2007

Did I?

~The Question
                            Get lost troll.

~The Answer

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

I hear you, Jan. Time to sing their favorite song.

" Here comes the sun and I say, it's all WRONG ! "
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X