PDA

View Full Version : Adams

BillsNYC
03-14-2003, 09:27 AM
The more Adams and his agent delay the more I am starting to dislike him. He is appearing to be more and more of a money player like Price was..which I hated! This statement says it all:

"During his visit, Adams said he was impressed by the Bills, but his top priority was being fairly compensated."

I know IF we sign him, we will sign him at a fair price...but i hope this guy doesn't turn out to be a locker room cancer...

Earthquake Enyart
03-14-2003, 09:35 AM
He'd be one big ass tumor.

WG
03-14-2003, 09:37 AM
I agree w/ you. I felt the same thing when I read that yesterday.

It's a selfish attitude. It's fine to think that, but to say things like that when you're not even signed and when fair is "subjective" and relative, it's not a good thing.

I agree. If there are any other options, then let's pursue them. This is one instance where I don't mind TD playing hardball!

Screw Adams! He can come here on our terms or go play for a non-contender!

How about a purely incentive contract there Adams? Want the big bucks, then you assume the risk that you're gonna suck! Not us.

Patrick76777
03-14-2003, 09:42 AM
Hey, if he helps us win a Superbowl, I don’t care if he beats his wife!

don137
03-14-2003, 09:52 AM
With what's out there as far as available DT free agents (Mcglockton, Gilbert) do we we need a solid DT that could be a cancer based on a me first mentality more than he needs us?

Basically, what I am asking is can we get the job done defensively without him?

Voltron
03-14-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777

Ok that was just wrong

:rolleyes:

BillsNYC
03-14-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
I agree w/ you. I felt the same thing when I read that yesterday.

It's a selfish attitude. It's fine to think that, but to say things like that when you're not even signed and when fair is "subjective" and relative, it's not a good thing.

I agree. If there are any other options, then let's pursue them. This is one instance where I don't mind TD playing hardball!

Screw Adams! He can come here on our terms or go play for a non-contender!

How about a purely incentive contract there Adams? Want the big bucks, then you assume the risk that you're gonna suck! Not us.

i think i just fell off my chair! thats EXACTLY what i was trying to get across!

ct bills fan
03-14-2003, 10:01 AM
We need Adams more than we need Spikes - did anyone else see our run defense last year? I'm still having nightmares over the KC final 4 minutes.

Earthquake Enyart
03-14-2003, 10:01 AM
I don't see a lot of teams beating down his door.

TD knows this, and needs the $$ for other players.

kgun12
03-14-2003, 10:26 AM

That is just horse*****!

It is also why there are so many players like B. Smith, PP and S. Adams type players. Cause people don't care that they snort cocaine (L. Taylor) while they are on the field, as long as we "WIN THE BIG ONE" Well this attitude "SUCKS THE BIG ONE!"

I have coached little league baseball and Jr. high baseball and wrestling, The longer I coach the more I see this attitude at the younger ages. All I can say is they don't play on my team for long with this attitude, they either change theirs of the get cut, or I make their lives hell and the quit. Sports are about team, not me!

XNOUGHT
03-14-2003, 10:29 AM
Guys. Wake up.

All he is doing is trying to skip the workouts.

He wants to play fo a winner with cap room and he will jon the Bills IN A COUPLE MONTHS.

Patrick76777
03-14-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by kgun12

That is just horse*****!

It is also why there are so many players like B. Smith, PP and S. Adams type players. Cause people don't care that they snort cocaine (L. Taylor) while they are on the field, as long as we "WIN THE BIG ONE" Well this attitude "SUCKS THE BIG ONE!"

I have coached little league baseball and Jr. high baseball and wrestling, The longer I coach the more I see this attitude at the younger ages. All I can say is they don't play on my team for long with this attitude, they either change theirs of the get cut, or I make their lives hell and the quit. Sports are about team, not me!

All I’m saying is that I want to win a Superbowl. And if a few women have to be tossed down the stairs then so be it. Hell he can pull a Michael Jackson and have shady relationships with 14 year old boys for all I care. Just help us win the big one.

Fat Tony
03-14-2003, 10:33 AM
Get Seau and go to a 3-4

colin
03-14-2003, 10:40 AM
Lots of people get in fights, it does not mean they can't earn a living, or help our team.

Tatonka
03-14-2003, 10:44 AM

All I’m saying is that I want to win a Superbowl. And if a few women have to be tossed down the stairs then so be it. Hell he can pull a Michael Jackson and have shady relationships with 14 year old boys for all I care. Just help us win the big one.

people can roast you for that.. but i find it fuggin hillarious.. :rofl:

before anyone complains about this statement.. just get a sense of humor.:priest:

BillsNYC
03-14-2003, 10:49 AM
as somebody said on another thread...adams is just waiting so he can sign later for more money and skip camp. if this is the case...F-HIM! this guy needs camp more than anybody on out team and will be almost useless to us as the fat slob he is right now.

clumping platelets
03-14-2003, 11:30 AM
Adams hasn't been a "cancer" , however he is a mercenary but usually plays hard. I'll reserve further comment until numbers become available

Ebenezer
03-14-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Fat Tony
Get Seau and go to a 3-4

Adams is a big fat :angry: who did squat the last 8 games last year and looked like a frig in the SB. I would be open to signing Seau and going to the 3-4.

BillsNYC
03-14-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

Adams is a big fat :angry: who did squat the last 8 games last year and looked like a frig in the SB. I would be open to signing Seau and going to the 3-4. ]

won't happen as long as gw is here...46 started to work at the end of last year...

kgun12
03-14-2003, 12:35 PM

:lol: Nicely stated Patrick, that's funny! I understand how you feel. I don't mean this in a bad way, when I was younger I felt the same way. If changed for several reasons, one I had to set a better examplefor my sons, (I HATE to lose, freggin HAte it) but because of them I had to change how I said it. Secondly because I coach so much, I wanted to be more than a coach, I wanted to teach them to be good people. I think coaching is more like teaching kids about sports as well as life.
The funny thing is that all this made me realize if you can't win with good people (in my case, good kids) it doesn't feel as good, and it isn't as rewarding!

Patrick76777
03-14-2003, 12:47 PM
It's actually a joke....

kgun12
03-14-2003, 12:54 PM
Nicely stated Patrick, that's funny! I understand how you feel. That's why I wrote that. the rest was for people that defend the me player.

kgun12
03-14-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

Adams is a big fat :angry: who did squat the last 8 games last year and looked like a frig in the SB. I would be open to signing Seau and going to the 3-4.

Eb I agree on the 3-4 defense. I started a thread on this, but Seau is old. I would go after C. Claiborne from Detroit for the other MLB spot!

Earthquake Enyart
03-14-2003, 01:04 PM
Didn't Claiborn resign with Detroit?

RedEyE
03-14-2003, 01:07 PM
Has Adams been interviewing with any other teams? I haven't heard of anyone besides Buffalo.

Romes
03-14-2003, 01:22 PM
He saids he wants to be in Buffalo and that he is not going to interview any other teams.

I think that quote from Adams is being taken out of context. Its funny to me that as soon as a player shows an inkling of not wanting to be here, factual or not, suddenly people turn against him.

Right now Adams is not on any team. Its hard to be a team player when you don't have a team to play for. What I mean is, that of course he is looking for his best interest now. He doesn't have a team to put ahead of himself. He doesn't want to get screwed like he did in Oakland. He wants to sign a longer deal that would keep him in one place for a good amount of time. Now to me that sounds like a team player, someone that is willing to commit to one team for a long time.

If Adams not wanting to go to the offseason camps bothers you. If Adams plans on being a leader he should go to camp and sent an example, but if he wants to be a "piece of the puzzle" (as Takeo and Jonas have refered to him) and he can still crack the starting line up and make the Pro Bowl than I could care less if he is in camp in May. That being said I would much rather he was in camp but I don't think that we should not sign him just because he doesn't want to attend a mini-camp. BTW, has he ever stated he didn't want to go to mini-camp?

Heck, there are houndreds of thousands of Bills fans out there. If we only signed players that every fan liked we would hardly have a team. I trust TD, if he feels Adams is the best move for this team, then IMO, it is.

Buffarama
03-14-2003, 01:33 PM
Other teams have a history of winning with this "big fat slob". Fact is Ted Washington" was a big fat slob, when he left so did our defense.
Now personally, I want 2 'big fat slobs' playing nose tackle. My concern is not him wanting more money, hell thats every football player, it's showing up and being committed to winning, and being healthy enough to do that.
The players know him and want him. He wants to come here. What more does anyone want.

Tatonka
03-14-2003, 01:49 PM
the guy basically has plainly stated.. i want to be in buffalo.. i will not interview with any other teams, because i want to be in buffalo.. but i want to make sure i am paid fairly..

if you are gonna sit here and say that at your job, you noticed last year, all your peers were making more money that you.. and you felt like you were as good as them, then your boss fired you at the end of the year, and you wouldnt be pissed?

are you gonna tell me that at your job, if you had the choice of getting 20k or 30k that you wouldnt push for the 30k, your a liar.. yeah..i am sure that you guys would say.. gimme 20k, cuz i want to help the company.. the company that will fire me if i dont perform.. or possibly even fire me if i do perform, but because they made bad payroll decisions...

dont sit there and act like him wanting to be paid what he thinks is fair is a damn monstrosity.. it is human nature.. he career wont last forever. every player in the NFL wants as much money as they can get as soon as possible..

you guys are being such total hypocrits..

and to call him a fatt ass is just a joke.. if big ted was still here and our defense was #3 still, you guys wouldnt refer to him the same way..

get over yourselves for god sakes.

Tatonka
03-14-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Buffarama
Other teams have a history of winning with this "big fat slob". Fact is Ted Washington" was a big fat slob, when he left so did our defense.
Now personally, I want 2 'big fat slobs' playing nose tackle. My concern is not him wanting more money, hell thats every football player, it's showing up and being committed to winning, and being healthy enough to do that.
The players know him and want him. He wants to come here. What more does anyone want.

great post.. exactly the point.

RedEyE
03-14-2003, 02:05 PM
His abilities aren't at question here, his attitude is. Adams is notorious for skipping out on camps and he doesn't truly have a "professional way" in the locker room. If he is willing to ask for higher #s (and I completely agree he should protect himself financially) he should also be willing to participate 100% and keep his mouth closed. Leave out the negative bull****. This is a team game. Honestly with the caliber of players and high $$ contracts that the Raiders have, Adams was expendable.

Tatonka
03-14-2003, 02:11 PM
what negative attitude???

the guy said he wants to be paid fair!!!

bruce smith skipped out on training camps ALL the time.. and you all loved him.. he pissed and moaned about everything from racism to hangnails.. you all loved him..

sam adams has said NOTHING to the effect that he doesnt want to get in here in time for training camp or that he doesnt want to work hard.. NOTHING.. he has stated he wants to be here and he wants a contract offer from the bills soon.. SO HE CAN GET HERE..

you guys are jumping to way to many conclusions.. which is just a product of us waiting a couple weeks for him to sign with nothing else to talk about.

Romes
03-14-2003, 02:14 PM
Great posts T. :up:

I completley agree.

don137
03-14-2003, 02:33 PM
Many fans, from any sport, like to see a players show a little loyalty to their team and a player that wants to win. Spikes expressed that from the beginning that he wants to come to Buffalo and Bills fans embraced him for that.
People were excited to hear Sam say how he wants to come and play for Buffalo but then took offense when he said he would go to the highest bidder. It is understandable. Adams does not have any reason to be loyal to Buffalo but many fans were hoping to hear how he wants to play because Buffalo is a great town, a great team and a winner and for him not to mention money.

BillsNYC
03-14-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
what negative attitude???

the guy said he wants to be paid fair!!!

bruce smith skipped out on training camps ALL the time.. and you all loved him.. he pissed and moaned about everything from racism to hangnails.. you all loved him..

not that i'm agreeing or disagreeing with you...but smith was an @sshole..plain and simple...GREAT player...but total @sshole. I loved him as a player...but as a person he was a *****. but adams is NOT the calibur of bruce smith...and if Adams should have learned anything...its that TD will NOT break...so this hold out is only hurting him because the longer he holds out..the less money he will get.

Tatonka
03-14-2003, 02:41 PM
but sam has not said he wants to go the highest bidder.. he specifically made a 3 day trip here to get a deal done.. and even though it is not done, he is still saying that he wants to play in buffalo..

i find it very appealing that he had stated so many times that he DOES want to be here.. and while he said he wants to be compensated fair, he never said anything about going to another team..

that is about as much loyalty as you can get from a FA imho..

spikes said all those things in his press conference AFTER he signed a 32 million dollar deal.. you bet your ass he said that.. but he said alot less than sam has prior to coming here..

i am sure when/if we sign sam he can repeat the same lines that spikes did, as do all FA who sign deals with new teams.

justasportsfan
03-14-2003, 02:55 PM
GW or Rusty Jones will get him ready for the games. We have enough leaders on the team to get on the case of anyone who slacks. I don't think Sam Adams will be chumping down on wings all day. If there is one thing our players have done is that they never quit on GW.

Voltron
03-14-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Romes
He saids he wants to be in Buffalo and that he is not going to interview any other teams.

I think that quote from Adams is being taken out of context. Its funny to me that as soon as a player shows an inkling of not wanting to be here, factual or not, suddenly people turn against him.

Right now Adams is not on any team. Its hard to be a team player when you don't have a team to play for. What I mean is, that of course he is looking for his best interest now. He doesn't have a team to put ahead of himself. He doesn't want to get screwed like he did in Oakland. He wants to sign a longer deal that would keep him in one place for a good amount of time. Now to me that sounds like a team player, someone that is willing to commit to one team for a long time.

If Adams not wanting to go to the offseason camps bothers you. If Adams plans on being a leader he should go to camp and sent an example, but if he wants to be a "piece of the puzzle" (as Takeo and Jonas have refered to him) and he can still crack the starting line up and make the Pro Bowl than I could care less if he is in camp in May. That being said I would much rather he was in camp but I don't think that we should not sign him just because he doesn't want to attend a mini-camp. BTW, has he ever stated he didn't want to go to mini-camp?

Heck, there are houndreds of thousands of Bills fans out there. If we only signed players that every fan liked we would hardly have a team. I trust TD, if he feels Adams is the best move for this team, then IMO, it is.

GREAT POINTS I AGREE 100%!!!!! :bling:

I wish People would get off of Sams back.

I know Football players of his calliber make HUGE amounts of money, but do a risk analysis and you will see that he has only 10 to 15 years (for most) to make the living that some one else has 35 to 40 years to make. They make good money on retirement with the NFL pention but still many may only have 3 years or 2 years of a contract and be out of the leage. look at Ryan Leaf!

I worked with a Guy who was on the Raides team as a backup free safty the year they won the Superbowl (under Madden I think). He worked at a large computer company in Houston with me. He was in the NFL for 6 years before injuries took their toll on him. He went from making NFL money to making 20,000 to 25,000 a year on an assembly line at first then moved his way up to Tech support.

I got to know him well and that is how I was able to learn all this about him. He told me he knew guys that were so in debt after they retired that they ended up living on the street and in homeless shelters for quite a while before they got their life turned around. I know that it was their own fault for bad money management but you have to remember most of these guys grow up DIRT poor!

I say Sam has every right to ask for a FAIR contract. Get off the guys back he has a family to feed too.

BillsNYC
03-14-2003, 02:57 PM
but sam has not said he wants to go the highest bidder.. he specifically made a 3 day trip here to get a deal done.. and even though it is not done, he is still saying that he wants to play in buffalo..

i find it very appealing that he had stated so many times that he DOES want to be here.. and while he said he wants to be compensated fair, he never said anything about going to another team..

that is about as much loyalty as you can get from a FA imho..

spikes said all those things in his press conference AFTER he signed a 32 million dollar deal.. you bet your ass he said that.. but he said alot less than sam has prior to coming here..

i am sure when/if we sign sam he can repeat the same lines that spikes did, as do all FA who sign deals with new teams.

but do you see TD offering more money by him waiting? thats why i'm unclear what the delay is?

Tatonka
03-14-2003, 03:06 PM
also.. i would like to see something comical... so someone tell me that if the cardinals offered spikes 38 million that he would still be here in buffalo? rofl.. yeah right.. spikes doesnt care about money right.. it is just sam adams that cares about money.

Tatonka
03-14-2003, 03:10 PM
TD probably wont offer more money.. we dont really know that he has offered anything at all.. but that is TDs job.. is to get guys cheap.. he is paid to look out for the TEAM.. a FAs job is to get the best deal he can..

it will come down to sam deciding if what TD offers is enough for him obviously..

BillsNYC
03-14-2003, 03:12 PM
also.. i would like to see something comical... so someone tell me that if the cardinals offered spikes 38 million that he would still be here in buffalo? rofl.. yeah right.. spikes doesnt care about money right.. it is just sam adams that cares about money.

ok..tatonka...i've respected all your posts....but this one i 100% disagree with...no...i don't think spikes would go to arizona for more money....if cinci offered him 38 million would he have stayed? NO! he was sick of being on a losing team and wanted a contender that would pay him a fair price. spikes is not a money player like Price....i firmly believe this guy wants to win. does money matter? yes...of course it does...but to say would follow the money i completely disagree with you.

kgun12
03-14-2003, 03:23 PM

WRONG, not everyone. Chech out my MEME bortherhood club thread I started about a mouth age. It was in referance to ME players like Bruce and PP and the S. Adams of the sports world. I also said no when the thread would you like Bruce back at a million. I HATE ME PLAYERS!
If S. Adams come in and says and plays like a team player fine. If he comes in here and acts and palys like a ME player he can keep his FAT A$$ the hell off this team. Give me a player as humble and team player type like Spikes.

TedMock
03-14-2003, 03:26 PM
I still don't see where Price was money player. I think his main thing was to be a number one receiver and is anything wrong with that? He feels he could be a top receiver which would obviously lead to top dollar but he was never selfish while in Buffalo. He was never a locker room cancer, he praised Bledsoe and Moulds for making his game better. I think Adams is looking at where the cash is but I also think he want to play in Buffalo. His agent is only doing his job by trying to get as much as he can. I think Spikes is a quality guy and quality player who is sick of losing but anywhere is better than Cincy, even Arizona. Cincy's front office has shown no committment to winning or its players. For $10 million more, I would bet he'd have ended up in Arizona. That's not a bash at him either.

Tatonka
03-14-2003, 03:28 PM
ok.. let me rephrase that.. say a team that has just as good a chance to win offers him the jack..

miami offers up spikes 6 million extra dollars in a signing bonus.. he would be in teal..

respect that or not, it is true..

sure.. he wants to win for sure.. but he would have gone to the highest bidder who had a reasonable chance to win.. you are right.. he wouldnt have gone to play for arizona or cincy.. but pretty much anyone other than that.. it would have been the highest bidder..

the nfl is a business.. these are not kids playing for fun.. they all want to make their money and get set for life. the only time they seem like good guys who will pay for vet minium or lower salaries is when they dont have options.. or when it makes financial business sence... like with kordell.. he chose a 5 mill deal for one year so he can get a bigger deal next year.. as opposed to a longer deal that didnt pay as much as 5 mill a year... he is betting on himself that he can cash in.

bottom line. the nfl is about money.. teams want to save it.. players want to get paid..

it is crappy to look at the nfl like that.. becuase we are all fans that put in tons of time into the nfl and spend money on the gear/teams.. because we LOVE the game.. LOVE our teams.. but i can take the constant degridation of a player nonstop becuase he wont come to buffalo for vet minium and a box of wings, when in reality, no of you would either if you were in their shoes.

BillsNYC
03-14-2003, 03:41 PM
ok.. let me rephrase that.. say a team that has just as good a chance to win offers him the jack..

miami offers up spikes 6 million extra dollars in a signing bonus.. he would be in teal..

respect that or not, it is true..

now THAT i agree with AND respect! i wouldn't have blamed spikes if he went to any afc east team for more money...because all are competitors...but i really think he picked buffalo because he has the best chance to win and overall liked it here.

justasportsfan
03-14-2003, 03:41 PM
I think TD knows about Adams' issues and will act accordingly. Maybe this is why no contracts have been signed. Either ways I trust TD will do the right thing.

BillsNYC
03-14-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
I think TD knows about Adams' issues and will act accordingly. Maybe this is why no contracts have been signed. Either ways I trust TD will do the right thing.

I love the fact that we have a GM we can say that about!

Tatonka
03-14-2003, 04:01 PM
spikes picked buffalo because we were the only ones to get him out of hell.. err.. cincy.

but i am glad he is here.

BillsNYC
03-14-2003, 04:02 PM
eh whatever...hes here....and i looooove it!!!

don137
03-14-2003, 04:03 PM
Tatonka, I never said Spikes doesn't think money is important. What I said was he never mentioned money to the media. When athletes start talking money to the media fans get real turned off by it. He talked about winning, he talked about the fans of Buffalo and the team wants to win. That is how you get embraced by a city. I am not disagreeing that if some team that is on the upswing offered more money he wouldn't of taken it.

Spikes wants to win and he said it was not about the money with Cincy it was about his desire to win. He did say that too.

Tatonka
03-14-2003, 04:16 PM
well.. adams is not as good at public relations as spike is then.. i know what your saying.. but all players are thinking the same.. some just open their big mouths about it.. and others lie through their teeth about it.. imho...

RedEyE
03-14-2003, 05:08 PM
T, I agree with you about the money issue. We are just fooling ourselves if we think that this game isn't about money. Sure the players love the sport, but how much would they love it if they were getting paid a teachers salary? Of course we are all jumping to conclusions, what the hell is taking so freaking long?? Make an offer - decline or accept the offer - don't like the offer, make a counter offer - ..........
We are all just wondering what is happening up there and why nothing has been released to the media other than the political crap that we have been reading.

don137
03-14-2003, 05:26 PM
well.. adams is not as good at public relations as spike is then.. i know what your saying.. but all players are thinking the same.. some just open their big mouths about it.. and others lie through their teeth about it.. imho...

I agree 100%

Typ0
03-14-2003, 05:43 PM
I can't believe so many people are sticking up for Adams like this. With the way he beats his wife I tend to think that means he has quite a bad attitude myself.

Tatonka
03-14-2003, 05:49 PM
beats his wife? what the heck are you talking about? and how does that affect his performance or his teamates? i have never heard anything like that, but that is his personal life.. not his locker room/team life.

Typ0
03-14-2003, 06:34 PM
No because the players wives stick together. They have an exclusive type of club. Once they find out about Adams they are going to stop putting out just like Lysistrata until the other players disown Adams and come home. Those guys need their nookie to be a good team IMHO.

Billsouth
03-14-2003, 08:21 PM
hey ostrich club lighten up francis

shelby
03-14-2003, 08:25 PM
:angry: Adams....let's get McGlockton:D