PDA

View Full Version : SI.com QB's ranked

Mudflap1
05-18-2007, 02:29 PM
http://fannation.com/blogs/post/14552?cnn=yes

Jon

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-18-2007, 02:33 PM
Why would anyone be offended what some guy says in a blog on Fannation.com? I wouldn't care if he put JP Losman #1, it is just some schlub's opinion, he is entitled to it. I wouldn't put QBs Chad Pennington, Jon Kitna, Damon Huard, Trent Green, Jason Campbell, Rex Grossman, and Byron Leftwich ahead of JP. I wouldn't trade him for any of those guys.

Mudflap1
05-18-2007, 02:34 PM
Why would anyone be offended what some guy says in a blog on Fannation.com? I wouldn't care if he put JP Losman #1, it is just some schlub's opinion, he is entitled to it.

You DO read these boards, right?

Jon

ParanoidAndroid
05-18-2007, 02:34 PM
Who cares?

Earthquake Enyart
05-18-2007, 02:35 PM
I'd have him at 23. All the QB's above (and including) Eli Manning are better than JP.

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-18-2007, 02:36 PM
You DO read these boards, right?

Jon

I've never seen these boards in my life.

Mr. Miyagi
05-18-2007, 02:37 PM
Guys I don't agree should be in front of JP:

Ben Roethlisberger
Michael Vick
Tony Romo
Matt Leinart
Jay Cutler
Vince Young
Alex Smith
Jon Kitna
Damon Huard
Jason Campbell
Rex Grossman
Byron Leftwich

:down:

Jan Reimers
05-18-2007, 02:40 PM
That list is actually laughable. It looks like something made up by a bunch of drunks at a bar.

Oh, it is.

Bulldog
05-18-2007, 02:42 PM
I'd have him at 23. All the QB's above (and including) Eli Manning are better than JP.

Eli Manning is a joke. Other than the name on the back of his jersey, I can't understand why people are so enamoured with him. Eli has no fire at all. When things go bad, he pouts like the baby that he is. I'll take Losman over Manning any day.

ddaryl
05-18-2007, 02:47 PM
Hopefully lists like this motivate JP a little more

justasportsfan
05-18-2007, 03:04 PM
You'd have to be a probowler to get noticed if you play for buffalo. National media doesn't know much about the bills. When they need info they look at BB.com

With that said, JP hasn't proven anything anyways so I don't care if they ranked him last.

patmoran2006
05-18-2007, 03:08 PM

Ben Roethlisberger- Disagree.. Winner has already won the big won (leader to)
Michael Vick- AGreed. He couldnt pay me to be my QB.
Tony Romo- About even
Matt Leinart- Your nuts. He'll be a top 5 QB in this league.
Jay Cutler- Even
Vince Young- He's a winner. Disagree. F the stats.. He just WINS.
Alex Smith- They're on the same path.
Jon Kitna- He sucks
Damon Huard- Even worse
Jason Campbell- Wow.. Seriously?
Rex Grossman- Horrible
Byron Leftwich- Overated

PECKERWOOD
05-18-2007, 03:08 PM
What has Losman done that is worthy of being ahead of more accomplished QB's? Roethlisberger has what it takes to win in a superbowl, he is ahead of Losman that's a no brainer.

Leftwich is injury prone and he lost his job to David Gerrard - granted he is their starting QB again this season.

Eli Manning has way more talent around him than Losman has ever had. I'd take Losman over Manning.

Vince Young is a game breaker and should probably be rated above Losman at this point in time.

Alex Smith shouldn't be ranked above Losman.

Cutler. What the hell has he ever done? Losman is better at this stage.

Grossman is a joke and he is hard to watch play. He can throw a good deep ball to Bernard Berrian occassionally, but at the end of the year he couldn't even do that.

Kitna more INT's than TD's = no thx. No more than a journeyman QB.

Damon Huard is a career journeyman. He has been in the league for 11 years and only has 14 start to account for.

Jason Campbell has talent but he isn't as accurate of a thrower as Losman is. Not sure why he is ranked higher.

justasportsfan
05-18-2007, 03:23 PM
would've been interesting to see how this guys would've done under the circumstances JP was in. Would some of them risen to the occassion or would they have folded ?

Michael82
05-18-2007, 03:27 PM
Wow, looking at this list shows how bad the Quarterbacks really are in the league. There used to be a good 20 players that could easily start on any team. Now there's like 10-12 really good guys and then a bunch of scrubs. :ill:

BTW, JP is easily going to better than more than half of the guys on the list. :up:

justasportsfan
05-18-2007, 03:32 PM
BTW, JP is easily going to better than more than half of the guys on the list. :up:

Please don't buy his jersey

casdhf
05-18-2007, 03:45 PM
He lost me with Jeff Garcia at 18.

Bling
05-18-2007, 03:58 PM
Except Grossman, Manning, Huard, Kitna, the list is about right. Losman has a lot to prove.

PECKERWOOD
05-18-2007, 04:00 PM

:idunno: I kind of like Garcia.. Look what he did for Philly when given the chance.

feelthepain
05-18-2007, 04:08 PM
Why would anyone be offended what some guy says in a blog on Fannation.com? I wouldn't care if he put JP Losman #1, it is just some schlub's opinion, he is entitled to it. I wouldn't put QBs Chad Pennington, Jon Kitna, Damon Huard, Trent Green, Jason Campbell, Rex Grossman, and Byron Leftwich ahead of JP. I wouldn't trade him for any of those guys.

Ofcourse you wouldn't.

feelthepain
05-18-2007, 04:10 PM

Ben Roethlisberger
Michael Vick
Tony Romo
Matt Leinart
Jay Cutler
Vince Young
Alex Smith
Jon Kitna
Damon Huard
Jason Campbell
Rex Grossman
Byron Leftwich

Well why stop there , you should just call JP the Best QB in the league and get it over with.

justasportsfan
05-18-2007, 04:14 PM
Well why stop there , you should just call JP the Best QB in the league and get it over with.
Awwww! FTP feels left out because there's no mention of any of the fins qb. :wail:

PECKERWOOD
05-18-2007, 04:17 PM

Haha, you're trying so hard to embrace Miami's blunder and awful mistake of not drafting Brady Quinn. It's hilarious, you're rocking Ginn in your signature like you wanted the guy all along! What's wrong? Angry that Miami doesn't have a dog in the fight when they should?

The Answer
05-18-2007, 04:19 PM

Ben Roethlisberger
Michael Vick
Tony Romo
Matt Leinart
Jay Cutler
Vince Young
Alex Smith
Jon Kitna
Damon Huard
Jason Campbell
Rex Grossman
Byron Leftwich

Pretty much agree - except don't sell John Kitna short homie!

Dude has been a balla his entire career and is similar to the Holcomb in many ways when you think about it. Look for Kitna to have a huge season in 2007 with the addition of Calvin Johnson in Mike Martz offense.

~The Answer

PECKERWOOD
05-18-2007, 04:31 PM
Look for Stanton to have a huge season in 2007 with the addition of Calvin Johnson in Mike Martz offense.

~The Answer

feelthepain
05-18-2007, 04:47 PM
Haha, you're trying so hard to embrace Miami's blunder and awful mistake of not drafting Brady Quinn. It's hilarious, you're rocking Ginn in your signature like you wanted the guy all along! What's wrong? Angry that Miami doesn't have a dog in the fight when they should?

I don't care what you think of Quinn good or bad. This thread was about the the QB's in the NFL and Quinn wasn't on that list, was he? If Brady Quinn were all that, the Bills passed on him too! And don't give me the Bills don't need a QB crap, cause last I checked Losman wasn't exactly a probowl QB and you did draft another 1st day QB this year. So obviously the Bills aren't entirly sure about Losmans future. You don't spend a first day pick on a backup QB. The Only reason Losman is on that list is because he's a QB that isn't a rookie or injured, there's also a reason why he's near the bottom of the list.

Yasgur's Farm
05-18-2007, 06:37 PM
Based on how they finished last season...
Peyton Manning
Damon Huard
Jeff Garcia
Drew Brees
Donovan McNabb
Tony Romo
Carson Palmer
Marc Bulger
Philip Rivers
Tom Brady
Jay Cutler
Mark Brunel
J.P. Losman
Chad Pennington
Jake Delhomme
Steve McNair
David Carr
David Garrard
Jon Kitna
Eli Manning
Matt Hasselbeck
Michael Vick
Ben Roethlisberger
Alex Smith
Trent Green
Matt Leinart
Rex Grossman
Brett Favre
Charlie Frye
Brad Johnson
Jake Plummer
Vince Young

patmoran2006
05-18-2007, 06:40 PM
ANYBODY who says JP Losman should be ranked ahead of Vince Young on a list of QB's..

SOmeone tell me WHY? I'd love to know that answer. Because Losman has a stronger arm? ****, Vick has the best arm in the NFL, so what?

QB'ing is about leading your team to victory.. And in college and even as a rookie on a horrible team, i've seen few QB's do it like Vince Young.

mikemac2001
05-18-2007, 06:44 PM

Garcia aint a bad QB just played for a few bad teams...im not saying he is the QB he was but in good system with decent players he can make stuff happened...i dont think Philly's WR were that special

That Guy
05-18-2007, 06:47 PM
I don't even care that this was made by some shlep in his basement... it's still hilarious. This is a terrible list, and Losman is just part of it.

YardRat
05-18-2007, 06:48 PM
They don't expect a whole lot outta JP this year, do they?

Yasgur's Farm
05-18-2007, 07:11 PM
ANYBODY who says JP Losman should be ranked ahead of Vince Young on a list of QB's..

SOmeone tell me WHY? I'd love to know that answer. Because Losman has a stronger arm? ****, Vick has the best arm in the NFL, so what?

QB'ing is about leading your team to victory.. And in college and even as a rookie on a horrible team, i've seen few QB's do it like Vince Young. 1) Team game... It takes 11... Ask Jim Kelly.
2) JP finished in the top 12 in QB stats relating to averages for QB's (completion %, TD %, INT %, yards per attempt).
3) Vince Young rated better with RB's rather than QB's... So does Vick... So what?

Bling
05-18-2007, 08:24 PM
1) Team game... It takes 11... Ask Jim Kelly.
2) JP finished in the top 12 in QB stats relating to averages for QB's (completion %, TD %, INT %, yards per attempt).
3) Vince Young rated better with RB's rather than QB's... So does Vick... So what?

draz, your ranking was horrendous.

Jake Delhomme, Vince Young, Chad Pennigton are all worse than JP Losman? Do you really believe that? I looked at your post for a second, and caught 3 flaws. Imagine if I actually looked at it.

feelthepain
05-18-2007, 09:28 PM
Looking at JP's stats, there was only 2 QB's that had less Att. a game, that would be Romo and Plummer. However Romo had a higher compl.% and QB rating then JP.

That would mean there are 17 QB's that all started 16 games last year had more attempts per game. That's the key stat for QB's that drives all other stats. the More you throw the ball the more chances for incompletions, Int's and sacks. John Kitna and Marc Bulger were the only 2 QB's to start 16 games last year that were sacked more then JP.

Yasgur's Farm
05-19-2007, 05:33 AM
draz, your ranking was horrendous.

Jake Delhomme, Vince Young, Chad Pennigton are all worse than JP Losman? Do you really believe that? I looked at your post for a second, and caught 3 flaws. Imagine if I actually looked at it.Thanks for taking the time to look at it.

Did you happen to notice at the very top... where I said it was "based on how they finished last season"?

That's the actual order they finished in for 2006... It's not my list at all!!!

"Horrendous" or not... dem's da facts!!

http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/PRAT/2006/regular

gr8slayer
05-19-2007, 06:02 AM
Do the Dolphins even have a QB? Looking at their scrubs they might be better off just direct snapping it every play to that joke of an RB Ronnie Brown.

ublinkwescore
05-19-2007, 06:09 AM
Move all of these guys down below Losman, and it's credible.

Jason Campbell
Rex Grossman
Byron Leftwich
Jon Kitna
Eli Manning
Michael Vick
Tony Romo
Matt Leinart
Jay Cutler
Vince Young
Brett Favre
Steve McNair
Alex Smith

gr8slayer
05-19-2007, 06:15 AM
Move all of these guys down below Losman, and it's credible.

Jason Campbell
Rex Grossman
Byron Leftwich
Jon Kitna
Eli Manning
Michael Vick
Tony Romo
Matt Leinart
Jay Cutler
Vince Young
Brett Favre
Steve McNair
Alex Smith
Romo and Young are oh so overrated.

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-19-2007, 06:26 AM
Do the Dolphins even have a QB? Looking at their scrubs they might be better off just direct snapping it every play to that joke of an RB Ronnie Brown.

C'mon man, you have been in this world long enough to know that Miami fans are more dillusional that Bills fans. They will make fun of Bills fans for maybe having a some love and confidence in their team and believe the Dolphins are on the brink of winning the Super Bowl. It cracks me up when Miami fans come over here and rip on Bills fans regarding confidence and belief in their team. I also love how they think that everything their team does is golden, yet everyone here that likes what the Bills are doing are put down. The best is when the bring up a Super Bowl from when I was two-years old.

Go ahead you Dolphin trolls and rip me apart for this, I will get a good chuckle over it. Especially when I know what team you root for.

feelthepain
05-19-2007, 06:33 AM
C'mon man, you have been in this world long enough to know that Miami fans are more dillusional that Bills fans. They will make fun of Bills fans for maybe having a some love and confidence in their team and believe the Dolphins are on the brink of winning the Super Bowl. It cracks me up when Miami fans come over here and rip on Bills fans regarding confidence and belief in their team. I also love how they think that everything their team does is golden, yet everyone here that likes what the Bills are doing are put down. The best is when the bring up a Super Bowl from when I was two-years old.

Go ahead you Dolphin trolls and rip me apart for this, I will get a good chuckle over it. Especially when I know what team you root for.

At least the Players in Miami want to be in Miami, your players are always crying and whining they want out of Buffalo because the city sucks and so does the money and owner. BTW I'll take Miami's QB's 10 out of 10 times over JP Loserman.

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-19-2007, 06:37 AM
At least the Players in Miami want to be in Miami, your players are always crying and whining they want out of Buffalo because the city sucks and so does the money and owner. BTW I'll take Miami's QB's 10 out of 10 times over JP Loserman.

:rofl:

gr8slayer
05-19-2007, 09:34 AM
Wow. Dude, go get banned from another Dolphins board or something. What's funny about you is your own fellow fans talk about what a dumb ass you are.

feelthepain
05-19-2007, 09:44 AM
:rofl:

Pretty much how everyone else in the league feels about the Bills and their fans!

cocamide
05-19-2007, 11:37 AM
You'd have to be a probowler to get noticed if you play for buffalo. National media doesn't know much about the bills. When they need info they look at BB.com

I agree. I doubt most of the blogging-NLF-experts out there really watch the games involving teams that aren't Dallas, NE, Colts, etc. and fall victim to the hype put out by ESPN more than anyone else. These rankings are based on nothing more than who can generate the most hype. To put Big Ben at 7 is rediculous. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, he was in a perfect situation at the beginning of his career, and last year is indicative of how he'll play in the future. It'll take a while for these people to get off his bandwagon though.

Jan Reimers
05-19-2007, 11:52 AM
You mean the JP Loserman who beat you twice last year?

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-19-2007, 12:35 PM
Pretty much how everyone else in the league feels about the Bills and their fans!

Now that was just plain dumb, but kind of what I would expect.

feelthepain
05-19-2007, 05:10 PM
You mean the JP Loserman who beat you twice last year?"JP" didn't beat the fins twice last year.

JP Losman game 1) 11/18 83 1. Wow.....that's an ass kicking?? Typical Bill fans thinking everything they do is better then it really is.
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

gr8slayer
05-19-2007, 05:11 PM
"JP" didn't beat the fins twice last year.
You're right, he kicked their asses.

DynaPaul
05-19-2007, 05:19 PM
Those ratings are so out of whack that they're not even worth debating. Was this writer on crack? For example, Favre and Kitna should be ranked a lot lower. End of story.

Illmatic15
05-20-2007, 10:27 AM

Ben Roethlisberger
Michael Vick
Tony Romo
Matt Leinart
Jay Cutler
Vince Young
Alex Smith
Jon Kitna
Damon Huard
Jason Campbell
Rex Grossman
Byron Leftwich

Those are the guys who should be ahead of JP, Kitna is going to put up better stats with that sick WR core in detroit...