PDA

View Full Version : POZitively Thinking

The Answer
05-18-2007, 04:17 PM
'POZ'itively Thinking

by The Answer

The draft is over and done with, and the first minicamps are well underway across the country in preparation of the 2007 season. Some players are shining early and making their mark (i.e. Trent Edwards) while others leave much to be desired. One player in particular that The Answer has not heard good things about is 2nd round pick Paul "POZ" Poslunzny. So one has to wonder - just how big of a blow would this be to this franchise if POZ ends up busting outright? Marv and the rest of dinosaurs at OBD were seduced by his blue collar work ethic, but was he really worth what we gave up for him?

Normally The Answer keeps an open mind and is unbiased, especially since he didn't get to attend the Bills minicamp during his recent whirlwind tour around the country. But there were many concerns about the former PSU standout entering the draft. Could he stay healthy? Is he disciplined enough to handle aggressive NFL blocking schemes? Can he be a leader or is he as bland as his demeanor? Can he overcome his physical limitations on the football field? All these questions definitley need to be ANSWERED.

Make no mistake about it fellow Billszone pasture dwellars - With the departure of two key veteran LB's this offseason, we need somebody to emerge as the leader of this young, inexperienced unit. We need are hard nosed, in your face type of guy. Crowell is a solid player, but he isn't much of a leader. Ellison showed flashes last year, but he is a 6th round pick and still borderline camp fodder in many analysts eyes (including The Answer's). And even if Coy Wire moves to LB, he's not the type player that the rest of this youthful squad will be inspired by.

So POZ - this is your chance to show why you were drafted so early in the 2nd round when many draft afficianados had you pegged as a day two pick (including The Answer). Because if POZ does bust - it will set this franchise back big time, especially since we squandered a valuable 3rd round pick to get him. And considering Penn States history of big name prospects washing out in the NFL (Sans Larry Johnson of course) - he's got a monumental mountain to climb being thrust into the spotlight as a rookie.

The real question is can POZ succeed, not will POZ succeed - at this point don't bet the house on it given this teams sporadic draft history in recent years.

~The Answer

PECKERWOOD
05-18-2007, 04:19 PM
I like it. Let's try and stay 'POSZ'itive guys! Nice hook, other than that I didn't read much of what you said. :)

justasportsfan
05-18-2007, 04:19 PM
hasn't heard good things about Poz. haha! Funny.

The Answer
05-18-2007, 04:20 PM

Some scouts colleagues of The Answer that were at buffalo recently said that he has a looooooong way to go.

~The Answer

justasportsfan
05-18-2007, 04:23 PM
Some scouts colleagues of The Answer that were at buffalo recently said that he has a looooooong way to go.

~The Answer

well duh!! who would your colleague be, Capt. Obvious?

PECKERWOOD
05-18-2007, 04:29 PM

~The Answer

I don't think so. Posz = NFL Defensive Rookie of the year. You watch. I'm a ****ing homer. I love it.

Jan Reimers
05-18-2007, 04:33 PM
I'm shocked.

cordog
05-18-2007, 05:04 PM

~The Answer

Well who are these scouting colleagues????

John Doe
05-18-2007, 05:05 PM
Well who are these scouting colleagues????

Cubscouting.

raphael120
05-18-2007, 05:18 PM
Cubscouting.

:roflmao:

You should be called The_Punchline

Goobylal
05-18-2007, 05:29 PM
Time to cut Poz. What a bust he is. :rolleyes:

mikemac2001
05-18-2007, 05:42 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=125954

I had a very similar thread title, so answer please dont steal my stuff we all know your not very smart but atleast try not to steal quirky thread titles at the same time.

PS: I DIDNT READ YOUR BS

The Answer
05-18-2007, 05:48 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=125954

I had a very similar thread title, so answer please dont steal my stuff we all know your not very smart but atleast try not to steal quirky thread titles at the same time.

PS: I DIDNT READ YOUR BS

The Answer don't pay attention to your uninspired drivel anyway so don't worry about it.

~The Answer

Goobylal
05-18-2007, 05:51 PM
How Patrick Willis do in the 49'ers' rookie minicamp? They better cut him as well.

patmoran2006
05-18-2007, 06:19 PM
That's some funny ass **** right there.

How can you not love that post.

It's nice to know Trent Edwards is shining early on.

I love this question you posed most though.
"Marv and the rest of dinosaurs at OBD were seduced by his blue collar work ethic, but was he really worth what we gave up for him?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOw that I got the humor out of me. I will reserve judgement on POZ but I will say on the record in May- that I think David Harris is going to be the better LB and i wish we had drafted him. That's all hearsay now of course, and until ALL of these guys play nobody will know.

But until I see POZ become a star AND the guys I mention "flop"-- I will always wish that our day one of the draft went like this:
1- Lynch
2- Harris
3A- Jason Hill
3B- Daymeion Hughes

mikemac2001
05-18-2007, 06:19 PM
The Answer don't pay attention to your uninspired drivel anyway so don't worry about it.

~The Answer

Good i wouldnt want you to

Philagape
05-18-2007, 06:38 PM
:::

henrybacker
05-18-2007, 07:11 PM
So POZ - this is your chance to show why you were drafted so early in the 2nd round when many draft afficianados had you pegged as a day two pick (including The Answer).

-All the sources I saw had him as a 1st or 2nd rounder.

Goobylal
05-18-2007, 07:25 PM
Poz was rated a late 1st rounder. Anyone who thinks he was a day 2 pick is smoking crack.

ublinkwescore
05-18-2007, 07:56 PM
Who's this henry backer - he groans every one.

evol4276
05-18-2007, 08:13 PM
yup. taking poz in the 2nd when he was mentioned as a 1st rounder by a lot is ludacris. but if holcomb was in this years draft he shulda went 1st overall. oh thats right you're an analyst. all you know about this team is the name of its players. other than that you know nothing else. please stop with these posts of "clarity" when you dont know what you're talking about

TigerJ
05-18-2007, 08:58 PM
I would love for Ingtar to weigh in on this subject. I think we all respect his credentials as an NFL scout, given that he is working as such for a team other than the Bills. All we know about The Answer is that he says he is a scout. It appears, however that he is an independent, a free lancer. I don't think there is any certification for free lance scouts. I assume that just about anyone can call himself a scout and start offering his opinion. Whether or not The Answer is able to get teams to actually pay for his opinion is uncertain to the rest of us. Obviously the Bills scouts are high on Posluzny, or the Bills would not have traded up to get him. All I can say is, we'll see.

As far as Posluzny needing lots of work, yeah, he's a rookie and he's just been exposed to a defensive system that by all accounts requires great attention to detail by linebackers and DBs. I would not expect anything else.

im4bflo
05-18-2007, 10:04 PM
I'm wearing his #51 this year.
I've heard good things about him, until you.
Ripping a player before he's even got started in the NFL, is pretty easy I guess.
Well here's to hoping your answer is wrong :beer:
POZSQUAD #51

Dozerdog
05-18-2007, 10:29 PM

~The Answer Well- he did park on the other side of the stadium- Maybe that's what they meant

I think the only scouts you know sell cookies every February

BuffaloBillsStampede
05-18-2007, 11:02 PM
I will also be sporting the #51 jersey for the POZSQUAD this year at THE RALPH!!!!

Jeff1220
05-18-2007, 11:19 PM

~The Answer

What, does one of the other 13 year olds you're in middle school with have a uncle who's a scout or something?

Jan Reimers
05-19-2007, 07:14 AM
One thing I've noticed about The Answer: He DON'T pay attention to grammar.

That just adds to the 50 or so other reasons why I DOESN'T take him seriously.

THATHURMANATOR
05-19-2007, 07:23 AM
Poz was rated a late 1st rounder. Anyone who thinks he was a day 2 pick is smoking crack.
or an *******

madness
05-19-2007, 09:07 AM
Ice needs to check his inside sources again. Poz did nothing but live up to the high expectations of the staff at the first camp. Not only can he play, but he's sharp at a tack.

Harris is nowhere near the caliber of Poz. We're talking about a guy who was named best defender in the nation twice and also a Butkus award winner all while receiving national academic honors. Not to mention being labeled the best LB in Penn State history by none other then Jack Ham himself. Not even Patrick Willis can own up to all that.

We'll see how it all pans out, but all Poz has to do is play up to the same expectations he's been playing at. A year after a knee injury in the final game of the season and he still was one of the best LB's in the nation all while switching from an ILB in a 3-4 to an OLB in a 4-3 from his jr. to sr. season. That in itself is no way by far an easy task.

Factor out the knee injury and Poz would would have been at least neck and neck with Willis for best LB which means we would have never landed Lynch. Count your blessings and give this guy his due credit after the adversity he has already overcome.