PDA

View Full Version : Lindy Ruff today showed the team video of the 75 Islanders today at practice

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
05-18-2007, 04:20 PM
WGRZ Ch 2 news Ed Kilgore says that at Sabres practice today Lindy had the team watch video of the 1975 Islanders team up on the jumbotron. That Islanders team was the last to come from 3-0 to win a series. Lindy cracked a joke that he wanted to show the team the 1942 Toronto Maple Leafs the first team to ever come back from a 3-0 deficeit but there was no such thing as video cameras or video back in 1942.

chernobylwraiths
05-18-2007, 06:09 PM
Strange bit of information. Islanders came back from 0-3 to beat the Penguins. The very next series, the Islanders came back from 0-3 to force a seventh game only to lose the series in game seven to the Stanley Cup Champion Philadelphia Flyers who went on to beat the Buffalo Sabres 4 games to 2.

YardRat
05-18-2007, 06:36 PM
I wish Lindy would quit referencing the Islanders and the Leafs and the 'every 32 or so years something special happens". If I were an Ottaweenie, it would be pumping me up to make sure it doesn't happen against me.