PDA

View Full Version : Dallas game was.......

clumping platelets
05-19-2007, 09:47 AM
sold out by 0910 hrs :eek:

I was #32 in line this morning and was able to fill the remaining order of 8 tickets for the home opener.

Season opener and Monday night will be sold out by tonight

Michael82
05-19-2007, 10:29 AM
:bf1:

patmoran2006
05-19-2007, 10:34 AM
Good stuff

mikemac2001
05-19-2007, 10:34 AM
Knew that would happen....only game i know i could go to for sure but o well ill get some anyways

Jan Reimers
05-19-2007, 11:05 AM
The Bills are building something here again, and the fans recognize it. Exciting times are coming.

The Spaz
05-19-2007, 11:06 AM
Great job Buffalo!:clap::beers:

shelby
05-19-2007, 11:08 AM
Wish i could be there!

Represent, y'all!
:gobills:

Night Train
05-19-2007, 11:43 AM
I like how the new admin. is shaping this roster, unlike the fools at ESPN.

Can't wait to see us take another step forward.

YardRat
05-19-2007, 01:02 PM
I hope I scored my tix to the opener.

Goobylal
05-19-2007, 01:29 PM
I see every game except for the Cincy game surely selling-out. The only other questionable one is the Baltimore game, but there's the McGahee-revenge factor that will cause it to sell-out.

raphael120
05-19-2007, 03:30 PM
Every team we play this season is a big name team that played real well last season, no Lions/Packers/easy games for us, but if you ask me, I love going to the games where when we beat big name teams, it's a statement. Not like the come frmo behind win at Houston...it was great we came from behind but...we were behind to the Texans in the first place, which shouldnt' have happened. But...hopefully good things will come.

camelcowboy
05-19-2007, 04:40 PM
I'll be partying it up monday oct 8th

RockStar36
05-19-2007, 05:01 PM
Tickets went on sale already?

clumping platelets
05-19-2007, 10:05 PM
I hope I scored my tix to the opener.

If you used the :eb: and :clump: ticket service.......you did :D

clumping platelets
05-19-2007, 10:06 PM
Tickets went on sale already?

Only to season ticket holders paid in full :D

Dozerdog
05-19-2007, 11:39 PM
Yayyy!!!

Dozerdog
05-19-2007, 11:40 PM
10 tix to NE? :nervous:

clumping platelets
05-19-2007, 11:58 PM
:up:

feldspar
05-20-2007, 01:51 AM
The Bills get a Monday Night Football game a year after the Monday Night tradition was destroyed...ever think about that? I'm not complaining, though. It's still Monday night to me and on the calander. I think it's great that we are playing on Monday night. I wish I was going. Hopefully we sell out all of the games this year.

CAbills
05-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Im flying in from California for the Monday nighter woot got my tickets.

henrybacker
05-20-2007, 12:34 PM
The local support for this team that has been pretty bad the past decade is unbillievable. Bravo to all. Somehow that isn't good enough for the NFL big whigs however.

cocamide
05-20-2007, 01:56 PM
I can't wait for the season to start. I feel like the kid in the back of the car saying, "Are we there yet?" Bravo to the Bills fans for getting those tickets sold fast. Down in Orlando, there's not many opportunities to see the Bills. Luckily this year, they'll be in J-ville, so hopefully I can score some tickets to that game.

ShadowHawk7
05-20-2007, 03:11 PM
Wait, sorry, I don't understand. I thought group sales opened the 9th of June? How did you get tickets already?

patmoran2006
05-20-2007, 04:03 PM
The Bills are building something here again, and the fans recognize it. Exciting times are coming.
I'm not saying your wrong; but I am saying that selling out the Home Opener like this and a Monday night game (especially against Dallas) isn't unexpected.

I hope that attendance stays its old-school course here in Buffalo once the November and December games come into play. Last year we easily sold our first four home games, and then had the last four blacked out, and the last two weren't even in the vicinity of sellouts.

But it is a good sign to sell out Denver and Dallas already. And I think we have a favorable home schedule overall in terms of teams with drawing power.

Goobylal
05-20-2007, 07:11 PM
Currently being 6K season tix ahead of where they were all of last year is definitely a good sign.

El Guapo
05-20-2007, 08:09 PM
Currently being 6K season tix ahead of where they were all of last year is definitely a good sign.

With the Monday night game selling out, doesn't that preclude any further season tickets from being sold? It's good we are 6K ahead of last year. How many seats are to season ticket holders?

I can only account for two.

SpillerThrills
05-20-2007, 08:48 PM
Wait, sorry, I don't understand. I thought group sales opened the 9th of June? How did you get tickets already?

I was wondering the same thing, my family and a bunch of friends are making plans to go to the game...... we have about 21 of us so far so we're waiting for June 9th for group sales...........

Goobylal
05-20-2007, 09:33 PM
With the Monday night game selling out, doesn't that preclude any further season tickets from being sold? It's good we are 6K ahead of last year. How many seats are to season ticket holders?
I was wondering that myself. I know the Bills hold a certain number of season tix (55K or something) so I assume that they have 55K-whatever they've sold as reserved tix that they'll make available at a later date.

G. Host
05-20-2007, 10:03 PM
The Bills reserve seats they think they can sell to season ticket holders so this early when they say "sold out" they do not mean "sold out".

clumping platelets
05-20-2007, 10:29 PM

There are 3 separate "sales"..........sales to season ticket holders paid in full (mid-May), group sales (June), and individual (July)

Bills have been doing this for years

clumping platelets
05-20-2007, 10:30 PM
Ticket office guy told :eb: and me that there were 43,000 season tickets sold

The Spaz
05-20-2007, 10:31 PM

Seems to me a lot of people feel we're on the right track. I have to agree.:up::beers:

clumping platelets
05-20-2007, 11:20 PM
:up:

Michael82
05-21-2007, 07:13 PM

I was wondering how many people were feeling the same way that I was, that we are on our way back up again. I feel like things are finally turning around for this team and love what I see. The future looks pretty bright. Marv is building this team the right way. :up:

BillsFever21
05-22-2007, 01:08 PM

What home opener hasn't sold out in a short amount time recently?

Of course the MNF game is going to sell out. This is the first time we have had a MNF game at home in a decade and the first time we have even been on MNF in 5 years.

These two games are gimmies. What games in September and October doesn't sell out in Buffalo? Don't get too excited about selling out early season games.

We sold out the home opener and early season games very fast last year too but still ended up with 4 blackouts. It's the normal routine in Buffalo. The first 4 games on the year are popular draws and then the final 4 games of the year sit there with thousands and tickets left and doesn't sell out unless we are playing good. And even that isn't a gimmie because we were playing good football at that time of the year last year and couldn't sell them out.

Any human with a beating heart could predict them two games selling out fast :roflmao: I guess some people just get excited about anything whether it right in front of their faces or not.

Jan Reimers
05-22-2007, 01:24 PM
What home opener hasn't sold out in a short amount time recently?

Of course the MNF game is going to sell out. This is the first time we have had a MNF game at home in a decade and the first time we have even been on MNF in 5 years.

These two games are gimmies. What games in September and October doesn't sell out in Buffalo? Don't get too excited about selling out early season games.

We sold out the home opener and early season games very fast last year too but still ended up with 4 blackouts. It's the normal routine in Buffalo. The first 4 games on the year are popular draws and then the final 4 games of the year sit there with thousands and tickets left and doesn't sell out unless we are playing good. And even that isn't a gimmie because we were playing good football at that time of the year last year and couldn't sell them out.

Any human with a beating heart could predict them two games selling out fast :roflmao: I guess some people just get excited about anything whether it right in front of their faces or not.
Now I know why you were on my ignore list, and why you are going back. The arrogance of your posts is surpassed only by your lack of knowledge, and your lack of manners.

BillsFever21
05-25-2007, 08:16 PM
Now I know why you were on my ignore list, and why you are going back. The arrogance of your posts is surpassed only by your lack of knowledge, and your lack of manners.

Sorry you can't handle the truth. What part of that post wasn't true? I have really seen it all now.

patmoran2006
05-25-2007, 08:30 PM
I agree he may be overly pessimistic.. But in all reality he's right, at least about last year

BillsFever21
05-25-2007, 09:11 PM
I agree he may be overly pessimistic.. But in all reality he's right, at least about last year

It's not being pissimistic. It's called reality. There are a lot of players and things like that I like about the team. I'm just willing to admit when everything isn't peaches and creams like some people.

patmoran2006
05-25-2007, 09:19 PM
It's not being pissimistic. It's called reality. There are a lot of players and things like that I like about the team. I'm just willing to admit when everything isn't peaches and creams like some people.
You're preaching the choir, my man.

This team will be extremelyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy fortunate to match last year's win total.

But what this organization and front office is made of and what their REAL intentions are will become public AFTER this season is over.

Wys Guy
05-26-2007, 12:48 PM
sold out by 0910 hrs :eek:

I was #32 in line this morning and was able to fill the remaining order of 8 tickets for the home opener.

Season opener and Monday night will be sold out by tonight

With the NFL now taking liberties to change MNF games, isn't there any chance that another game takes its place. Unless the rules have changed. If we and/or the Cowboys stink the joint up before that game, the league can change it still, correct?

I hate that practice frankly and think that it's massively unfair to ticket purchasers, particularly those that buy individual game tix.

Wys Guy
05-26-2007, 01:16 PM

Not defending anyone here Jan, but last year the FO played us too. We heard about all the STs that were "sold," then all of a sudden when the deadlline to renew had past, usually the first individual game sales date, the number of seasons after that were reported as less than what they had been. We'll see if the same thing happens again this year.

But frankly, I don't care if they sell out or not. What I'd like to see is a team capable of taking care of business on the field. If 5,000 seats are empty en route to a 12-4 season, then great. On the flip side, I don't care if we sellout all 8 games and go 2-14 and have a waiting list for STs.

My goals are not the organization's. My goals are to have and see a winnning team capable to a playoff competitive level take the field. This season is a very pivotal season in that it's year two of what has now been redefined as a rebuilding season after denials of such last year by the same people now calling it that.

As we all know, new GMs typically have three seasons to prove positive upward movement and given that, year two should shed a lot more insight into exactly what's in store for '08.

A good number of the elements of our O and D units need to begin to take some sort of shape, form, and identity this season in spite of the fact that we likely will not post a winning season.

If that happens then we will likely be on the right track. If not, then further criticism will be warranted. Unfortunately, if not, that criticism will continue mount far more heavily if the latter unfolds.

As to the sellouts, even if we sellout all 8 games in advance, which I will predict will not happen, then if we stink the joint up as in past seasons, 10-30K empty seats for those later wintry games are not unrealistic.

I have no idea which tix have been sold to which games yet other than what people have stated here. But ...

The Denver home opener will sellout just like all HOs do.
The Jets in late Sept. will also sell well largely due to Jets fans that can't get tix in NY coming up here too and it being a good weather game against a divisional rival.
The Dallas game will SO due to it being a MNF game although I wouldn't wager the farm that it remains a MNF game given the status of both teams at present, and if in fact the NFL is still swapping out MNF games this season.
Baltimore in late October will probably sell out as everyone wants to see us stuff McGahee and his big mouth even if for no other reason. Late October is also fall blumage time and prime football weather, typically.

Cincinnati is where it starts getting a little dicey. I don't expect us to get a lot of Cincy ticket purchases, so we're likely largely on our own here. Weather is so-so and has potential for cold/wet/crappy.
For the New England game the Sunday before Thanksgiving may draw some fans returning to "home" for Thanksgiving, but even so, NE fans will likely once again swamp RWS as they always do due to their inability to get tix in NE too. A weekend trip to Buffalo/Niagara Falls including tix to a game is still a relatively inexpensive proposition for people from larger markets and better regional economies.
The Dec. 9th game vs. Miami will be interesting. Neither team was particularly good last year, and while the Fins view their greatest rival as the Jets, we view our greatest (most hated) rival as them. Neither team is really expected to be much better than mediocre by the most optimistic predictions. And while it may sell out, if we haven't won four or five games by then, i.e., are still at least mathematically in the playoff race from a practical perspective, then I would anticipate a good number of no-shows, especially if the Fins suck again.
Not sure about the Giants game two days before Christmas Eve. Not sure many Giants fans, whose team will suck this year, will be willing to travel to see their 5-9 Giants take on a team that likely won't be much better if better at all.

My prediction is that we sell out all but the Cincy and Giants games but that we have a significant number of no-shows for the Cincy, Miami, and Giants games.