What if I told you that Marv nailed this draft.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

What if I told you that Marv nailed this draft.

I'm starting to think that this draft was as good or better than last years.

Notice how Marv keeps getting guys that aren't supposed to be there.

I got excited when I looked at what he did here.

1) Lynch was a no-brainer but when you consider that we are starting with Lynch-Thomas-Wright behind a much improved O-line that looks pretty awesome.

2) Poz is a love/hate player. You either love him or hate him. But taking him in the 2nd was another no brainer and I won't second guess the trade up because you don't know for sure that he was staying on the board until we got him. If he plays well it'll be the best pickup in the draft.

3) We lost Holcomb, thank goodness, and need a #3 QB. We ended up getting a #2QB in Edwards, in the third round. Enough said.

4) Wendling, who we got in the 6th, is a Steve Tasker kind of player. Expect him to play alot and well.

5) CJ Ah You is a special teamer at best. However, we have alot of special teamers that have seen better days do it is likely that he could make the roster. He's my least favorite pick.

My intial frustration is that I was hoping for a playoff team and maybe put to much emphasis on the draft after losing a bunch of players. But the draft itself was solid, especially with limited picks. I think this draft could produce 3 stars out of it potentially.
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: What if I told you that Marv nailed this draft.

Originally posted by HHURRICANE

2) Poz is a love/hate player. You either love him or hate him. But taking him in the 2nd was another no brainer and I won't second guess the trade up because you don't know for sure that he was staying on the board until we got him. If he plays well it'll be the best pickup in the draft.

3) We lost Holcomb, thank goodness, and need a #3 QB. We ended up getting a #2QB in Edwards, in the third round. Enough said.
    The Answer is not going to like this assessment, except for the Edwards thing.

I agree though, we seemed to have picked up some good players and I am very excited!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
      The Answer is not going to like this assessment, except for the Edwards thing.

I agree though, we seemed to have picked up some good players and I am very excited!

Even I had to remind myself that the draft is comprised of 100% rookies. The Bills are young and getting younger but could be really exciting down the road.

We tried the veteran thing and that didn't work too well. Spikes, Fletcher, Posey, Adams, Milloy, Vincent, and Bledsoe.

Comment

• mikemac2001
        is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
        • Mar 2003

Ya i mean cant focus on all NEGS i think all in all marv has this team in right direction

MUCK
        FIAMI

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

Whether you loved the draft, am nuetral about it or hated it. It's irrelevant right now because they haven't played yet.

If you love POZ.. Nothing anyone can say will make you change your mind before he plays, and vice versa.

I personally only love one (Lynch) and sorta like another (Wright) of the first four picks we made. But again, It doesnt matter what I say because until its taken to the field it's irrelevent.

My draft preference was this (and I could be wrong, they could be busts) but this is what I hoped for.
          1- Lynch
          2- David Harris
          3- Jason HIll
          3- Daymeion Hughes

Nobody will know until they play though

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
            Even I had to remind myself that the draft is comprised of 100% rookies. The Bills are young and getting younger but could be really exciting down the road.

We tried the veteran thing and that didn't work too well. Spikes, Fletcher, Posey, Adams, Milloy, Vincent, and Bledsoe.
            Fine.. as long as the fans continue to buy into it at the box office, then fine.

Comment

• mikemac2001
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
              Whether you loved the draft, am nuetral about it or hated it. It's irrelevant right now because they haven't played yet.

If you love POZ.. Nothing anyone can say will make you change your mind before he plays, and vice versa.

I personally only love one (Lynch) and sorta like another (Wright) of the first four picks we made. But again, It doesnt matter what I say because until its taken to the field it's irrelevent.

My draft preference was this (and I could be wrong, they could be busts) but this is what I hoped for.
              1- Lynch
              2- David Harris
              3- Jason HIll
              3- Daymeion Hughes

Nobody will know until they play though
              ive seen this on like 4 post...yes we didnt get everyone you wanted but all in all the draft wasnt that bad RIght PM?

MUCK
              FIAMI

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by mikemac2001
                ive seen this on like 4 post...yes we didnt get everyone you wanted but all in all the draft wasnt that bad RIght PM?
                The draft was good in that we got some good, young talent. Lynch and Poz SHOULD become good starters; while Wright could become a punnishing backup.

The draft was bad in that all the draft accomplished was replacing players that left or we traded. One could argue EASILY that we're not better at one single spot than we were last year due to the draft; other than maybe RB, depending on if you like McGahee or not.

CB and WR- two of the weakest spots on the team weren't even touched- and the same sorry run defense up front we had last year is back again and wasn't touched either.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                  • Mar 2003

The draft was good in that we got some good, young talent. Lynch and Poz SHOULD become good starters; while Wright could become a punnishing backup.

The draft was bad in that all the draft accomplished was replacing players that left or we traded.

CB and WR- two of the weakest spots on the team weren't even touched- and the same sorry run defense up front we had last year is back again and wasn't touched either.

I dont think coaches are worried about WR;s and i also feel that drafting a CB in 3rd or 4th is pointless in the fact that Youghtby (cant spell) was drafted last year and has a year under the system (started slow we all know) tho i feel we do need a NUMBER 2 wr and a better 3rd cb but i like what they went for in the draft....Our Defense will be better if our offense can stay on the field and keep them rested and not beat up in the 4th qtr

MUCK
                  FIAMI

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

It's too early to say that we nailed the draft, but in general I liked what we did. And it's nice to hear a positive assessment. I think Lynch and Poz were the very best we could do with our first two picks, then getting a highly rated QB and a big RB really solidified those positions. We also got needed help at Safety and TE.

I do recognize, however, that we still probably need depth at CB and LB, and a quality 2nd WR. I just think that Marv and the boys went BPA after the first 2 rounds, and will bring in guys at the positions we missed later, after cuts are made around the league.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Jp is the number one benefactor of this off-season. Three solid RBs and a very good O-line.

My support for him was justified last year but I'm going to be way more critical of him this year if he doesn't perform at the next level. He should have alot less pressure on him and shouldn't be forced to make too many mistakes.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                        It's too early to say that we nailed the draft, but in general I liked what we did. And it's nice to hear a positive assessment. I think Lynch and Poz were the very best we could do with our first two picks, then getting a highly rated QB and a big RB really solidified those positions. We also got needed help at Safety and TE.

I do recognize, however, that we still probably need depth at CB and LB, and a quality 2nd WR. I just think that Marv and the boys went BPA after the first 2 rounds, and will bring in guys at the positions we missed later, after cuts are made around the league.
                        I think Lynch and Poz were the very best we could do... GIVEN the fact we addresed nothing other than OL in Free agency.

Carriker would've been a great addition to this team at #12 as well; but the offseason dictated that couldn't happen. I do like Lynch however; a lot

Comment

• henrybacker
                          • May 2007

They traded away Holcomb. Acquiring a 3rd string qb is simple to do and didn't require spending a 4th round pick on one. Hell, philly is going to drop Holcomb it looks like. It surprised me as I felt Marv was very high on Nall and was set to go with him as the automatic back up qb. Two of his comments on qb's kind of scared me and I would like to hear others thoughts on them.

After last year's draft, he stated he passed on Leinart as he saw him and Young as 2nd or 3rd rounders. This year he said he had Edwards ranked higher than Brady Quinn.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

I do like Lynch however; a lot
                            Homer!

Comment

• henrybacker
                              • May 2007

tho i feel we do need a NUMBER 2 wr and a better 3rd cb but i like what they went for in the draft....Our Defense will be better if our offense can stay on the field and keep them rested and not beat up in the 4th qtr

-sooo keep mcgahee and then draft a wr,cb and run stuffer on D rather than 2 rb's and a qb.

Comment

Working...
                              X