We could still make one big free agent splash!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

We could still make one big free agent splash!!!!

Say Lance Briggs was released from the franchise tag....I honestly believe that the Bills would be one of the top 2 teams that he would want to go to and that would call him along with the Bucs.....Just imagine Crowell-Poz-Briggs......that would by far be the best LB core in the NFL if we could do this idc if we dont sign another CB or WR
  • henrybacker
    • May 2007

Re: We could still make one big free agent splash!!!!

why would the bears release him instead of trade him?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

For the sake of the League and not creating a nightmare let's hope Briggs stays in Chicago.

What happens when Peters decides to sit over his contract extension? You guys won't be celebrating issues like this.

Daniel Snyder is the devil and I'm glad Chicago didn't entertain his offer.
      Last edited by HHURRICANE; 05-19-2007, 11:06 AM.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

I don't think that signing flashy, big name, high priced free agents fits the way Marv wants to build this team - and it's not the way that he and Polian built our SB teams, either.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
          !?!?!?!?!?
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by henrybacker
          why would the bears release him instead of trade him?
          idk....its just what i've been hearing

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

While our LB situation is pretty bad and Briggs would be a great addition to this team, one has to think of the opportunity cost of signing him. If it hoses our cap and keeps us from re-signing a Peters, Losman (assuming he continues to improve) or Evans down the road, then it's not worth it.

I know the situation between Briggs and Chicago is still bad (I don't have an inside source- it's been widely reported), so here's what I hope is happening: I hope Marv is negotiating with Chicago to see what it would take to get Briggs here. If they want too much, Marv turns them down. If they can agree on a reasonable price, Marv pulls the trigger. IMO it would be stupid not to at least find out what it would take, but it would also be stupid to overpay. I'm sure the Bears want an amicable solution to the problem as well, so they are probably open to hearing what other teams have to offer.

I'm not even gonna start the discussion on "reasonable price" because we're all going to disagree on that front.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Devin
              The Octagon
              • Apr 2003

We dont need to bring any high priced guys in here right now, we need to take care of our own.

Evans, Losman, Schobel, Walker.....etc all need deals not to mention the guys who will start *****ing about thier deals soon.
              http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Dozerdog
                In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
                idk....its just what i've been hearing
                The Answer's girl scout freinds?

Comment

• Samphin1
                  • Mar 2004

While I disagree with the statement that it owuld be the best linebacking corps in the league, it would certainly fix a lot of ills for Buffalo.

Briggs is a special talent imo and can adapt to any and all schemes. If Chicago lets him go though, it won't be until as late as possible so that it forces Briggs to sign with another team for under market value.

Comment

• jamze132
                    Don’t hate…
                    • Jun 2003

I aslo disagree about the "best" LB corps in the NFL. One guy is an unproven rookie.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                      !?!?!?!?!?
                      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by jamze132
                      I aslo disagree about the "best" LB corps in the NFL. One guy is an unproven rookie.
                      gosh.....u guys dont have to whine about something i wrote in my post, that wasn't the point in the post anyway....it was the possibility of us getting Briggs....and does it matter if it is the best or not? it would be one of the best i am sorry i didnt make myself clear enough

Comment

• gr8slayer
                        • Feb 2005

No thanks.

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

C-A-S-H T-O C-A-P
                          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

Say Lance Briggs was released from the franchise tag....I honestly believe that the Bills would be one of the top 2 teams that he would want to go to and that would call him along with the Bucs.....Just imagine Crowell-Poz-Briggs......that would by far be the best LB core in the NFL if we could do this idc if we dont sign another CB or WR
                            It would strengthen the LB corp yes.

I would love the move.

I dont think Briggs can be had for less than a 1st or maybe 2nd round pick AND the money to sign him.

I think a team DESPERATE for a LB would do it, I dont think Jauron or Marv feels desperate. They have a very solid LB in Crowell, the have a LB with 1st round talent (in there minds) in Puz, and they have a guy that started many games last year, knows the system, and did fairly well.

If they didnt have Puz I could see it. But giving up that much for a nice to have rather than a have to have maybe be more than the Bills will do.

Id love it if it happened, but I think its remote at best.

Comment

• jamze132
                              Don’t hate…
                              • Jun 2003

gosh.....u guys dont have to whine about something i wrote in my post, that wasn't the point in the post anyway....it was the possibility of us getting Briggs....and does it matter if it is the best or not? it would be one of the best i am sorry i didnt make myself clear enough
                              Do you take Zyban too?

Comment

Working...
                              X