PDA

View Full Version : as much as i love Danny Briere,

shelby
05-19-2007, 05:02 PM
i hate to say that we need to keep Drury way more than Danny.
If we can keep both, great, but if a choice must be made, we need to keep Drury.

Briere was pretty much a non-factor throughout the playoffs.:(

Nighthawk
05-19-2007, 05:04 PM
Briere is not worth the money and will never be THE difference maker on a team. Keep Drury...

MTBillsFan
05-19-2007, 05:05 PM
Danny has been fun to watch, Drury is the heart and true leader of this team!

OpIv37
05-19-2007, 05:05 PM
Drury is the better player, no question. He gave 150% today.

LABillsFan
05-19-2007, 05:06 PM
Briere is not worth the money and will never be THE difference maker on a team. Keep Drury...

You can say that about a lot of players, Briere is a good player but if you look at the supporting cast including experience and size this team needs to move on or compliment him more. The cap will prevent this.

RockStar36
05-19-2007, 05:07 PM
I'm glad everyone sees it now. Kind of makes the debate a month or two ago ridiculous. Drury is the true captain of this team. Not the "star in the making".

Michael82
05-19-2007, 06:24 PM
I'll miss Briere, but we have to keep Drury. He's the one that would kill this team if he left.

ct bills fan
05-19-2007, 06:30 PM
What happens if Drury doesn't want to stay? He has a house in L.A. and grew up in CT, a Ranger fan. So, it's premature to assume if we want him back, he's coming back. It takes two ...

SabreEleven
05-19-2007, 06:32 PM
Briere or Drury...this playoffs made this decision very easy, but who knows how Darcy sees it.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
05-19-2007, 06:38 PM
Ch 2 interviewed Tom Golisano up in his box and he said "that Briere and Drury will be back next year, That's the #1 priority of the Sabres this summer to lock them up and build around them and keep them here for a long time". When asked about Zubrus Goli said that Zubrus is a rental player and he's welcome to come back if he wants to. But our goal for this summer is to get Briere and Drury signed keep them in a Sabres uniform.

camelcowboy
05-19-2007, 06:45 PM
What happens if Drury doesn't want to stay? He has a house in L.A. and grew up in CT, a Ranger fan. So, it's premature to assume if we want him back, he's coming back. It takes two ... he recently bought a house in buffalo as well, so who knows.

Billscusey
05-19-2007, 07:01 PM
Yeah, I think resigning Drury (and locking up Vanek at a good rate) sounds like the best plan.

Michael82
05-19-2007, 07:05 PM
Ch 2 interviewed Tom Golisano up in his box and he said "that Briere and Drury will be back next year, That's the #1 priority of the Sabres this summer to lock them up and build around them and keep them here for a long time". When asked about Zubrus Goli said that Zubrus is a rental player and he's welcome to come back if he wants to. But our goal for this summer is to get Briere and Drury signed keep them in a Sabres uniform.
Sorry, but Golisano can think what he wants. Unless he's willing to pony up over $15 million a year for the two players....one of them will be gone. And I still say that he's an idiot for saying that about Zubrus during the playoffs anyways. You don't tell someone like Zubie that he's just a rental player and we don't care if he's here. :shakeno:

I hope it's.... Drury and Zubrus stay. Briere leaves. I will miss Briere, but I think Stafford will do a good job filling in. :up:

Dozerdog
05-19-2007, 07:14 PM
If it came to it- what would you rather have?

Briere

or

Kotalik or Kalinin

Would you deal one or the other, maybe both- to keep a 90-100 point a year player?

Philagape
05-19-2007, 07:42 PM
I don't ever want to see Kalinin in a Sabres uniform again

Typ0
05-19-2007, 07:45 PM
we need a solid cast of players built around each other who will play that way. I'd hate to see Drury stay here to become a player ticket sales are built around. I hope we have keep a top line competitive team and take another shot at it next year.

camelcowboy
05-19-2007, 07:52 PM
we need a solid cast of players built around each other who will play that way. I'd hate to see Drury stay here to become a player ticket sales are built around. I hope we have keep a top line competitive team and take another shot at it next year. Drury if he stay really needs a line built around him. Has he ever had the same wingers in his years as buffalo topline center?

snow1989
05-19-2007, 07:55 PM
Hate to say it...but...I think Kalinin can definitely go. Way too many bonehead plays mishandling the puck

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
05-19-2007, 08:12 PM
Yeah, I think resigning Drury (and locking up Vanek at a good rate) sounds like the best plan.

we don't have to lock up Vanek, Vanek is a RFA he's not going anywhere unless some team wants to give up a first round draft choice for him.

camelcowboy
05-19-2007, 08:17 PM
we don't have to lock up Vanek, Vanek is a RFA he's not going anywhere unless some team wants to give up a first round draft choice for him. A 43 goal scorer needs to be locked up, its not like football, 1st rounds picks in hockey aren't anything close to proven vet players.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
05-19-2007, 08:18 PM
Sorry, but Golisano can think what he wants. Unless he's willing to pony up over $15 million a year for the two players....one of them will be gone. And I still say that he's an idiot for saying that about Zubrus during the playoffs anyways. You don't tell someone like Zubie that he's just a rental player and we don't care if he's here. :shakeno:

I hope it's.... Drury and Zubrus stay. Briere leaves. I will miss Briere, but I think Stafford will do a good job filling in. :up:

Zubrus was just like Doug Gilmour was. Remember him he helped us when we aquired him but he did nothing in the playoffs same with Zubrus which I said that it was going to happen and guess what it did so there!

camelcowboy
05-19-2007, 08:22 PM
Zubrus was just like Doug Gilmour was. Remember him he helped us when we aquired him but he did nothing in the playoffs same with Zubrus which I said that it was going to happen and guess what it did so there! That POST is extremely unintelligent and down right stupid. Zubrus was buffalo's best player in the Islanders/Rangers series if not for the injury he would have done better against ottawa imo.

Dozerdog
05-19-2007, 08:25 PM
And if I recall- Gilmour was a solid locker room presence on another young inexperienced team from a different time.

Crisis
05-19-2007, 08:25 PM
Zubrus was just like Doug Gilmour was. Remember him he helped us when we aquired him but he did nothing in the playoffs same with Zubrus which I said that it was going to happen and guess what it did so there!
Your posts are a tool.

Michael82
05-19-2007, 10:17 PM
I don't ever want to see Kalinin in a Sabres uniform again
Either does Lindy. That's why he benched him for pretty much this whole series. :snicker:

Michael82
05-19-2007, 10:18 PM
That POST is extremely unintelligent and down right stupid. Zubrus was buffalo's best player in the Islanders/Rangers series if not for the injury he would have done better against ottawa imo.
:hi5: