PDA

View Full Version : I refuse to thank the Sabres

SabreEleven
05-19-2007, 06:18 PM
I'm tired of Buffalo getting kicked in the nuts. I'm tired of accepting mediocrity(sp?), which Buffalo does every year. Everybody will say what a great regular season they had, but guess what, Toto, Regular season doesn't mean ****. The Sabres choked and everybody is ok with it. **** that.

I'm bitter.....

PS. Has Danny signed with Philly yet?

shelby
05-19-2007, 06:19 PM
:console:

SabreEleven
05-19-2007, 06:20 PM
Can you rub a little lower, Shelby?

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-19-2007, 06:22 PM
I can totaly see your point dude. This was "the season" they were going to do it. We all had high expectations after last season. It is a huge let down that they get beat down like that.

OpIv37
05-19-2007, 06:22 PM
I'm tired of Buffalo getting kicked in the nuts. I'm tired of accepting mediocrity(sp?), which Buffalo does every year. Everybody will say what a great regular season they had, but guess what, Toto, Regular season doesn't mean ****. The Sabres choked and everybody is ok with it. **** that.

I'm bitter.....

PS. Has Danny signed with Philly yet?

If the Bills make it to the title game and lose, I'll be pissed when it happens but overall I'd have to call that a damn good season.

But the Sabres made it to the conf finals last year and stretched it to 7 games- they were 5 wins from the Cup. They couldn't even repeat that this year- they didn't improve and they squandered the best chance Buffalo had to win since at least 1999.

At least this team is competitive every year, but they were mediocre when it counted the most.

shelby
05-19-2007, 06:23 PM
Ah :curse:, now i have to admit that Op was right.
:mad:

camelcowboy
05-19-2007, 06:25 PM
Two Eastern conference losses and im suppose to be thankful for the team. Best record in the NHL to not show up for most of the playoffs. We are now choakers because ottawa just gave that title to us.

SabreEleven
05-19-2007, 06:29 PM
We are the new Ottawa Senators...We are everything that we hated in them.

OpIv37
05-19-2007, 06:38 PM
Ah :curse:, now i have to admit that Op was right.
:mad:

well I'm not going to gloat about being right because there is no reason to celebrate losing. So I'm only going to say one thing: I wish people would stop accusing me of *****ing just to *****. There is damn good reason for my pessimism.

Philagape
05-19-2007, 06:49 PM
I'm not thankful at all. This is a colossal failure.

But the next time Buffalo has a championship contender, I'll hope til the very end :up:

Dozerdog
05-19-2007, 06:57 PM
It was a great season.

Thanks for the memories! That Boston game I went to where we score 3 goals in the final 8 minutes to tie, and won on a shootout- and the Toronto comeback in march were awesome memories.

This team has all the ingredients for a championship- the only thing they lacked was experience.

Ottawa learned from their failures, we will to. It is not the time to panic- dumping 1/3 of the roster and calling up the top 2 lines in Rochester- or better yet- investing millions in players who didn't even get this far would be a waste.

SabreEleven
05-19-2007, 07:04 PM
Regular season is nice but the playoffs is where is counts....

WILL we learn from our failures? we never have before.

Dozerdog
05-19-2007, 07:11 PM
Regular season is nice but the playoffs is where is counts....

WILL we learn from our failures? we never have before.Then root for the Senators you big baby.

Lose like a man

ddaryl
05-19-2007, 07:11 PM
Nope in the end I agree... the season was a failure.

It was Stanely Cup victory or bust.... I find nothing satisfying about the outcome of this year and until we win it all I can never be satisfied.

I will however renew my optomism during the offseason and start again liek the rest of the faithful

camelcowboy
05-19-2007, 07:48 PM
Then root for the Senators you big baby.

Lose like a man my prom was fun it was a good night, but when the girl only wanted to kiss in the back seat of my car, i still remember the night as a overall failure.

Typ0
05-19-2007, 07:50 PM
my prom was fun it was a good night, but when the girl only wanted to kiss in the back seat of my car, i still remember the night as a overall failure.

the night wasn't a failure you were...if all you wanted to do was wet your noodle you picked the wrong girl.

snow1989
05-19-2007, 07:51 PM
It was a great season.

This team has all the ingredients for a championship- the only thing they lacked was experience.

I hate to disagree Dozer...it was a good season, very good, but not great. And sadly they don't have all the components for a championship, otherwise, they should still be playing. Will be interesting to see who we lose in free agency....Briere, Drury, Vanek, etc.....but definitely the defense which handicapped us last year due to injuries, did it again this year by being 'porous'....I think we need a couple large bodied wingers and beefier defense which handles the puck a bit better in order to get to that championship

camelcowboy
05-19-2007, 08:00 PM
the night wasn't a failure you were...if all you wanted to do was wet your noodle you picked the wrong girl. Yeah bad example, im still dating that girl 5 years later still with very little noodle wetting"see the twilight zone", but how long does buffalo have to go with out a championship? I hope the sabres "wet their noodle" in the next 2-3 years because the window will slam shut.

SabreEleven
05-19-2007, 08:02 PM
Then root for the Senators you big baby.

Lose like a man

Said like a true Red Sox fan.

Dozerdog
05-19-2007, 08:05 PM
I hate to disagree Dozer...it was a good season, very good, but not great. And sadly they don't have all the components for a championship, otherwise, they should still be playing. Will be interesting to see who we lose in free agency....Briere, Drury, Vanek, etc.....but definitely the defense which handicapped us last year due to injuries, did it again this year by being 'porous'....I think we need a couple large bodied wingers and beefier defense which handles the puck a bit better in order to get to that championship
The missing ingredient is experience. Half of this roster was in Rochester 2 years ago

Bufftp
05-19-2007, 08:17 PM
Boy, so many of you don't understand the joy of sport.
I feel bad for you.

camelcowboy
05-19-2007, 08:30 PM
I feel bad for you."you play to win the game" you can enjoy the season and its magic, but when your the best team in the regular season and then fizzle out in the playoffs "thats being kind" How can you say it was a successful season? No one remembers the presidence trophy winner, but the stanley cup is remembered forever. This season can't be called anything but a failure.

snow1989
05-19-2007, 08:30 PM
The missing ingredient is experience. Half of this roster was in Rochester 2 years ago

I'll politely disagree.....nowhere near half the play-off roster has under 2 yrs experience - Paille (1) played one game, as a fill in for Max.....Vanek and Stafford have (2) and (1) respectively....the rest of the roster, 3 or more so besides the 'play-off pressure' I don't see experience being the big factor, maybe 10%....I personally think it was more the fact Briere spent alot of time trying to skate on his butt after getting knocked around (not his fault, just his stature, still a quality player), Kalinin puking up the puck consistently ( his fault, no excuse) Spacek- who does he hit?, how often does he sacrifice the body? ( should have paid McKee...slower, but a worker, sacrificed himself) and lastly trying to make the 'highlight reel' goal instead of just shooting the puck at Emery....15 shots during a game doesn't do it.

SabreEleven
05-19-2007, 08:45 PM
I feel bad for you.

Said like a man who accepts losing.

I have fun and joy with sports but I have a lot more fun winning.

pjw
05-20-2007, 10:04 AM
Said like a man who accepts losing.

I have fun and joy with sports but I have a lot more fun winning.
These are probably the same kind of people that say oh its just a game, no big deal. They just dont get it. I know how you feel. I feel the same way, im still pissed they pissed away the season.

SabreEleven
05-20-2007, 10:15 AM
These are probably the same kind of people that say oh its just a game, no big deal. They just dont get it. I know how you feel. I feel the same way, im still pissed they pissed away the season.

I know you feel that same way. It might have something to do with you being my brother. You have a worse temper than me especially when it comes to sports.

Bufftp
05-20-2007, 10:25 AM
I know you feel that same way. It might have something to do with you being my brother. You have a worse temper than me especially when it comes to sports.
You guys need to put your perspectives in balance.

SabreEleven
05-20-2007, 10:41 AM
You guys need to put your perspectives in balance.

And what makes you think you do?

It could easily be another 10 years before they even reach the Conference finals again. Losing gets old, but I guess if you accept it so easily, it's no biggie.

Bufftp
05-20-2007, 10:59 AM
And what makes you think you do?

It could easily be another 10 years before they even reach the Conference finals again. Losing gets old, but I guess if you accept it so easily, it's no biggie.
Because ultimately it is entertainment for us the fan. We don't play the game, compete, or make our livleyhoods from the game. No entertainment is worth an emotional, intellectual, investment to the point of irrational response.
Sure we lost, it is dissapointing, but not to point of distraction, or anger.
When it gets to that point something is askew.

PcA125
05-20-2007, 11:08 AM
I have no problem thanking the Sabres. Its not like we are the first team that has lost when they were supposed to be the better team. Ottawa was just the better team at the time. There is nothing we can do but come back again next year.

Dr. Lecter
05-20-2007, 01:25 PM
There is a big, huge, gigantic difference between accepting losing and acting like a spoiled child and not appreciating what the Sabres did.

Nobody is happy they lost.

LABillsFan
05-20-2007, 03:20 PM
Would some rather be Coyote Fans? Blackhawk Fans? Bluejackets maybe. This team is young and went on a tear for 2 years. Sure Ottawa made the playoffs 10 years before they got to the Cup. But in that span how often have the Sabres been in the Cup Finals and Conference Finals. This team has a good GM, a good coach and good players, I think Arnot leaving was a hit. This team came out of Bankrupcy not too many years ago. LOSERS????? Man, perspections are misguided. At least this organization doesn't go through coaches, GM's,players and year after year promises of being competitive.

Dozerdog
05-20-2007, 03:27 PM
Sabre11= :mad: when the Sabres lose

BuffTP= :mad: when the republicans lose

You two are a lot more alike then you want to admit

Bufftp
05-20-2007, 04:01 PM

:roflmao:
Dozer=clueless

SabreEleven
05-20-2007, 04:13 PM

Dozer=:dance: when Sabres, Red Sox or Bills lose

Dr. Lecter
05-20-2007, 05:07 PM
:roflmao:
Dozer=clueless

I agree.

If he is comparing the current Sabres to the the current crop of Republicans, he owes some guys that ice skate a pretty big apology.