PDA

View Full Version : Whiners, *****es, and crybabies

Dozerdog
05-19-2007, 07:10 PM
If you randomly select any of the 122 major sport franchises, and claim they don't win a championship they are failures-

- you will be right 97% of the time.

So why bother following sports in general?

ddaryl
05-19-2007, 07:19 PM
because we want a friggin championship... we want to know what it feels like to be the best. To hoist the trophy and have braggin rights for awhile.

after 35 years of watching Buffalo sports... there is only one outcome that can gain me any kind of satisfaction.... winning it all.

The Sabres have a great team and they looked like they didn't belong in the playoffs to often. When a team holds this much promise and then fails to deliver then I think people have a right to be frustrated and upset about it.

In the case of the Bills we know there rebuilding so we hope for improvements and signs of a team destined to make a run... but with the Sabres... It should of been our year this year, there is no satisfaction that most of us could possibly get out of this season. We blew it again, and I just cannot find much solice in that.

Typ0
05-19-2007, 07:21 PM
I understand what you are saying. It's very difficult to win in any of the professional leagues. It does kind of leave a bad taste in your mouth when huge opportunities are missed like they were in this series though. Oh well, try again next year.

Philagape
05-19-2007, 07:22 PM
What any other team does is irrelevant.

What this team did vs. what they could have done makes them a failure.

BillyT92679
05-19-2007, 07:33 PM
I personally don't fault anyone for having these feelings during this time. People are passionate about their teams. When they're expected to triumph and don't, that's the bitterest pill to swallow. The 1989 SU basketball team was, perhaps, the greatest team on paper they ever had. They didn't get it done, and Kendall Gill's three at the buzzer still stings. Yet the '96 team, with just John Wallace, made it all the way to the final game and lost... that was a great season because they totally exceeded expectations. It's different especially in baseball, the NBA, and the NHL because they are series sports. The Bills eight times out of ten win SB XXV, but they only play the game once.

SabreEleven
05-19-2007, 07:37 PM

Because I love getting kicked in the nuts every year.

camelcowboy
05-19-2007, 09:14 PM
The only successful team is the team that wins the championship. you play the season with the goal of making the playoffs. You then go on to try to win a championship. If your a bad team the year before and make the playoffs then lose its still not a success, you just gain hope for the following year that you'll contend. When you have a winning season and fall short in the playoffs can it be considered a success? I say no, not a success but your a fan because you have hopes for the following years.

Michael82
05-20-2007, 12:39 AM
Because I love getting kicked in the nuts every year.
:rofl:

Novacane
05-20-2007, 03:15 PM
See things the almightys way or you're just a crybaby ***** :rolleyes: Some people just are mediocre and willing to accept less than the best :loser:

shelby
05-20-2007, 03:20 PM
Some people just are mediocre and willing to accept less than the best :loser:

:bravo:

Dozerdog
05-20-2007, 03:22 PM
:bravo:That's why I love you :heart:- you're a :5:

shelby
05-20-2007, 03:23 PM
:bravo:

:heart:

Dr. Lecter
05-20-2007, 03:26 PM
See things the almightys way or you're just a crybaby ***** :rolleyes: Some people just are mediocre and willing to accept less than the best :loser:

So are you going to change teams every ****ing year since you won't "accept" anything but a championship?

Novacane
05-20-2007, 03:27 PM
why start a thread with a title like this? People see things differant ways. We all are disapointed and wanted the same thing yet some have to try and flame people that were not satisfied how the season ended. BS imo. If you were happy with the season fine.................don't insult those that were not.

Novacane
05-20-2007, 03:31 PM
So are you going to change teams every ****ing year since you won't "accept" anything but a championship?

Of course not. I just get sick of posters that have resort to **** like whiners *****es and crybabie name calling to others who disagree with them. What would you guys have done if I started a thread calling those content with the season losers, failures, and koolaid drinkers? I have a feeling it would have been removed :idunno:

Dr. Lecter
05-20-2007, 03:33 PM
Those of us not flipping out over this year have been called those names time and time again.

Ebenezer
05-20-2007, 03:33 PM
Sports teams owe me nothing. They are there for my entertainment. I continue to root for my favorite teams regardless. I don't play therefore I don't "deserve" anything but to be entertained.

Just like my kids won't grow up to be CEO of a Fortune 500 company I don't expect my teams to win a championship. I wish they will and as long as they give the best effort they can I am happy. If that makes me willing to accept less and be a failure so be it. My life is not measured by the success or failure of a pro sports team.

YardRat
05-20-2007, 03:34 PM
If you randomly select any of the 122 major sport franchises, and claim they don't win a championship they are failures-

- you will be right 97% of the time.

97% of the other franchises have at least won a championship themselves, or share the same fan base from one of the other major sports that has taken home a title. Yes, the Bills have the AFL championships from the mid-60's, but from the Super Bowl era to the present, or 40-plus years of rooting for Buffalo teams, this fan base has nothing to show for it now, or ever.

Nada. Zip. Zilch. Zero.

Therefore, I reserve the right to be pissed when a team I've rooted for from it's very inception as a major sports franchise shows so much promise and fails to deliver when it is most ready to do so.

Having said that, I would rather quit sports than switch alliegences to another team...I'm also a Syracuse Orangemen fan, and even though they had failed in the past to win a championship despite being favored, there was never a sweeter feeling than 2003 when 'Cuse dropped Kansas and brought home from New Orleans the NCAA MBB title.

I just want to get that same feeling ONE TIME from either the Sabres or the Bills. One time.

YardRat
05-20-2007, 03:35 PM
Who am I kidding...I'm a greedy bastard and in reality I want both :D

SabreEleven
05-20-2007, 04:15 PM
Sports teams owe me nothing. They are there for my entertainment. I continue to root for my favorite teams regardless. I don't play therefore I don't "deserve" anything but to be entertained.

Just like my kids won't grow up to be CEO of a Fortune 500 company I don't expect my teams to win a championship. I wish they will and as long as they give the best effort they can I am happy. If that makes me willing to accept less and be a failure so be it. My life is not measured by the success or failure of a pro sports team.

You go to girl scout meetings and cut your grass in the middle of games. You have no room to talk. Go ahead and give me your father of the year speech now.

You really think that was the Sabres best effort?

Dr. Lecter
05-20-2007, 05:12 PM
Some of us spent over $1,000 on this year's team and can deal with the loss. We also appreciate the enjoyment and entertainment we received this year.

If one is unable to deal with (different than accepting) losing then one should not be watching sports or rooting for a team.

Quit acting like you are the only person unhappy the season is over or that the Sabres "owe" you more than they owe others.

SabreEleven
05-20-2007, 05:33 PM
You obviously haven't been reading this board or any other board...I'm not the only one.

camelcowboy
05-20-2007, 05:55 PM
im not happy either i have spent alot of money on the team myself. I was entertained had alot of fun, but doesn't mean the season is a success. Top seed in the playoffs and i questioned their effort in many of the contests. Its not that the team "owes" me anything they had a great opportunity and they squandered it. This team will not be the same and will not be as talented again. stop with the ra ra im entertained crap, we all enjoy the games we are all fans, the sabres dropped the ball and its shouldn't be brushed aside.

HHURRICANE
05-20-2007, 07:08 PM
It's over and I don't have to apologize for being pissed off. I'm sick of being associated with a loser, again.

I'd rather have Jerry Jones show up, buy the team from Golisano, buy every contract possible and have us hoist the cup. Yeah, I'm ready to have us sell our soles a little to get us a frickin championship.

Dr. Lecter
05-20-2007, 07:38 PM
What does Galisano have to do with this?

No one else could have spent more than he did this year. He spent (litterally every cent he could on players.

Dozerdog
05-20-2007, 08:55 PM
LOL at fantasyland. Steinbrenner doesn't own a hockey team