PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Briere and Chris Drury will be Sabres next year

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
05-19-2007, 07:45 PM
Ch 2 news Adam Benigni interviewed Golisano up in his suite right after the Sabres lost the game they talked about the game how he feels after the loss and then Adam asked the :question: are Briere and Drury, one or both going to be back next season :question: and Golisano said "that's the #1 priority of the Sabres this summer is to get those two players locked up long term and build around them for the future" When asked about Zubrus Goli said "that we only got him as a rental player he's welcome to return if he wants to but our #1 goal this summer is to get Briere and Drury locked up".

After hearing this I think I know what the Sabres are trying to do IMO were going to be like Tampa Bay next year with a goalie though that doesn't have holes in him like swiss cheese. They have LeCavalier and St. Louis who they built their team around and we will have Briere and Drury and Where also going to be younger bring some of the kids up from our farm team like McArthur, Kaletta (Buffalo kid) Ryan, Paille and Stafford and Paetsch. Keep in mind the Americans had a great season also this season.

I think your going to see Numminen (retire), :limp: Spacek (gone), Afinogenov (traded in the draft to try to move up the Sabres want Kane) Hecht could be gone (I wouldn't mind him if he's still here on the team though) Conklin (gone time to see what Denis has)

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-19-2007, 08:24 PM
The Sabres are not getting Patrick Kane.

Also, even if it is their #1 priority doesn't mean a thing. It is up to Drury and Briere. They have the chance for the first time in their careers to do whatever they want to do.

I also don't think you are seeing Spacek, Hecht, and definitely Conklin gone.

Dozerdog
05-19-2007, 08:31 PM
I think the big 3 will be re-signed.

Vanek, Drury, & Briere - to longer term deals

Guys on the hot seat due to their salary are Kotalik, Kalinin, Max (his benching did not help) Connolley (due to injury history) and if the Sabres keep Zubris ....Hecht

Numimen will only return if he takes one of those vet minimum deals a lot of older guys take to get a cup (Like Hasek did in Detroit)

kgun12
05-19-2007, 08:31 PM
I would rather they keey Drury and Zubrus. I think Max is a great skater with a bad mind. IF they can work with him this summer, show him film of what he does well and the things he doesn't do well I think he can be an elite player!
Big IF!!!

casdhf
05-19-2007, 08:44 PM
This is Chris Drury's team. We can live with out the rest.

camelcowboy
05-19-2007, 08:56 PM
After hearing this I think I know what the Sabres are trying to do IMO were going to be like Tampa Bay next year with a goalie though that doesn't have holes in him like swiss cheese. They have LeCavalier and St. Louis who they built their team around and we will have Briere and Drury and Where also going to be younger bring some of the kids up from our farm team like McArthur, Kaletta (Buffalo kid) Ryan, Paille and Stafford and Paetsch. Keep in mind the Americans had a great season also this season.

I think your going to see Numminen (retire), :limp: Spacek (gone), Afinogenov (traded in the draft to try to move up the Sabres want Kane) Hecht could be gone (I wouldn't mind him if he's still here on the team though) Conklin (gone time to see what Denis has) Galisano also said that there was going to be no trades this season "a thread you created" its lip service

G Wolly
05-19-2007, 09:46 PM
Get rid of Danny. he didn't play worth his 6 million dollars in the playoffs when we needed him most.

clumping platelets
05-19-2007, 10:12 PM
I want Drury and Zubrus back...........Briere can join Marty in Philly if he wants...........

camelcowboy
05-19-2007, 11:41 PM
Guys on the hot seat due to their salary are Kotalik, Kalinin, Max (his benching did not help)

has max really played himself out of here? After the benching he's scored the ot winner against the rangers, and had 3 goals against the senators. I really like his game the last few games. I thought he may have saved his roster spot. Kotalik, Kalinin, Spacek, would be my dead weight released.

Dozerdog
05-19-2007, 11:52 PM
Well- if you look at the roster - we are loaded with speedy playmakers. I'd love to keep Max, but the others on the roster make a hell of a lot less. Plus, Max seems to brain fart on the defensive end.

If dumping Max's salary means we can keep Drury, do you do it?

camelcowboy
05-20-2007, 12:02 AM
Well- if you look at the roster - we are loaded with speedy playmakers. I'd love to keep Max, but the others on the roster make a hell of a lot less. Plus, Max seems to brain fart on the defensive end.

If dumping Max's salary means we can keep Drury, do you do it?of course but its not a fair question. If we dump max do we keep danny?
How about Hecht or Kotalik? Look at it this way. The cap is most likely going up 3-4 mil. Drury's 3 million is open, Danny's 5 is open, Tempo 2.6, Thats roughly 13 mil of free cap space. Now i can't see them needing to dump Max to sign just one. But if you sign both then i can live with cutting max, but in my opinion i'd take max over kotalik in a heart beat. I'd sign Drury, but would strongly consider a freeagent like Smyth, or Hartnell on this team over briere. They need some grit is the bottomline. Maybe Aaron Miller on D? Souray is gritty and would be a nice addition to the power play. I don't think the sabres should turn a blind eye to the free agent market.

Michael82
05-20-2007, 12:28 AM
Galisano also said that there was going to be no trades this season "a thread you created" its lip service
:bf1:

Michael82
05-20-2007, 12:29 AM
If you think Kaleta is ready for the NHL, you are out of your ****ing mind! There's no way he will be here next season in October, except for maybe injuries.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
05-20-2007, 01:46 AM
I want Drury and Zubrus back...........Briere can join Marty in Philly if he wants...........

He said it again today, when some idiot reporter asked him about UFA probably form Ottawa. Briere said that he wants to stay a Buffalo Sabre, he likes the area, he likes the team that we have and he repeated what he he said last summer before he went through arbitration that he would take a paycut if the Sabres could get a long term deal done. Then another reporter asked him if he was thinking about UFA when he was playing and he said "that it never crossed his mind"

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
05-20-2007, 01:52 AM
If you think Kaleta is ready for the NHL, you are out of your ****ing mind! There's no way he will be here next season in October, except for maybe injuries.

The Sabres own him, he's the property of the Sabres not property of the Americans and the people here that live in Buffalo and WNY want to see him here and play in the NHL. We should've called Kaleta up to bang around the Senators and he wouldn't have been scared to do it either and we should've left Gaustad out of the lineup.

http://www.letsgosabres.com/images/players/headshots_large/patrick_kaleta.jpg

http://www.letsgosabres.com/images/players/numbers/36.gif

http://www.letsgosabres.com/images/players/photos/patrick_kaleta.jpg

Crisis
05-20-2007, 02:27 AM
Are you 12 years old?

SkateZilla
05-20-2007, 02:48 AM
I think the big 3 will be re-signed.

Vanek, Drury, & Briere - to longer term deals

Guys on the hot seat due to their salary are Kotalik, Kalinin, Max (his benching did not help) Connolley (due to injury history) and if the Sabres keep Zubris ....Hecht

Numimen will only return if he takes one of those vet minimum deals a lot of older guys take to get a cup (Like Hasek did in Detroit)

So Far the Cap Use is around 33 Million, Counting all Starting Players with contacts for next year,

Cap Used In 2006/2007 : 43,768,593 (For Starting Players)
Cap Used For Returning Players : 33,574,000

Which Leaves about 10 Million to Sign what was 17 Million worth This year,

Contract Info:
Players with No Contracts:
UFA: Drury
UFA: Briere
UFA: Zubrus
UFA: Teppo Numinen
Salary Cap Used for '06/'07 : 12,490,000

RFA: Clarke MacAuther
RFA: Adam Mair
RFA: Nathan Paetsch
RFA: Dan Paille
RFA: Andrew Peters
RFA: Derek Roy
RFA: Michael Ryan
RFA: Thomas Vanek
Salary Cap Used for '06/'07 : 5,105,600

Jan Reimers
05-20-2007, 05:17 AM
has max really played himself out of here? After the benching he's scored the ot winner against the rangers, and had 3 goals against the senators. I really like his game the last few games. I thought he may have saved his roster spot. Kotalik, Kalinin, Spacek, would be my dead weight released.
I agree. Afinogenov gives us an element of blazing speed and skill that few can match. Although he's inconsistent, I think he stays because he's a unique talent.

Kotalik can definitely go, along with Spacek. If Teppo retires, maybe we try to rehabilitate Kalinin, so as not to leave ourselves too depleted on the blue line. But Kalinin WAS a playoff disaster, particularly in the Ottawa series.

Michael82
05-20-2007, 08:02 AM
The Sabres own him, he's the property of the Sabres not property of the Americans and the people here that live in Buffalo and WNY want to see him here and play in the NHL. We should've called Kaleta up to bang around the Senators and he wouldn't have been scared to do it either and we should've left Gaustad out of the lineup.

http://www.letsgosabres.com/images/players/headshots_large/patrick_kaleta.jpg

http://www.letsgosabres.com/images/players/numbers/36.gif

http://www.letsgosabres.com/images/players/photos/patrick_kaleta.jpg

:rofl: People don't give a **** whether Kaleta or any Buffalo player is on the ice. As long as they can win. Kaleta is NOT ready for the NHL. He would get manhandled. There's no way that he'll be on the Sabres 4 lines next season unless there is injuries. I see him staying in the minors for another year or two.

Michael82
05-20-2007, 08:05 AM
So Far the Cap Use is around 33 Million, Counting all Starting Players with contacts for next year,

Cap Used In 2006/2007 : 43,768,593 (For Starting Players)
Cap Used For Returning Players : 33,574,000

Which Leaves about 10 Million to Sign what was 17 Million worth This year,

Contract Info:
Players with No Contracts:
UFA: Drury
UFA: Briere
UFA: Zubrus
UFA: Teppo Numinen
Salary Cap Used for '06/'07 : 12,490,000

RFA: Clarke MacAuther
RFA: Adam Mair
RFA: Nathan Paetsch
RFA: Dan Paille
RFA: Andrew Peters
RFA: Derek Roy
RFA: Michael Ryan
RFA: Thomas Vanek
Salary Cap Used for '06/'07 : 5,105,600
WGR said that they currently have $29 million tied up to players under contract next year.

Dr. Lecter
05-20-2007, 09:50 AM
Kaleta over Gaustad????

Are you nuts? The guy was not good when he was up here. He take sbad penalites. He take shimslef out of plays becauase all he can do is hit.

He might nevere be an NHL player. His being local means nothing. He is, at best, a replacement for Peters.

mchurchfie
05-20-2007, 12:00 PM
Say what you want, but Max was one of the few players who gave it his all in this series even if he did make some boneheaded plays.

Michael82
05-20-2007, 01:59 PM
Say what you want, but Max was one of the few players who gave it his all in this series even if he did make some boneheaded plays.
Max has been great since he was benched! :up:

SkateZilla
05-20-2007, 02:55 PM
WGR said that they currently have $29 million tied up to players under contract next year.
yeah, some of the players that I selected in Excell where Minor League Players that didnt play here, so Maybe they are Inflated a lil

HHURRICANE
05-20-2007, 07:13 PM
I would rather they keey Drury and Zubrus. I think Max is a great skater with a bad mind. IF they can work with him this summer, show him film of what he does well and the things he doesn't do well I think he can be an elite player!
Big IF!!!

How many years has Max been here? He needs to review the film to figure out he sucks in the playoffs?