• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

WOW! This is suprising!

We dont have a single player with more than 9 years NFL experience!!!

Our oldest vets are Lindell, Mike Schneck, Peerless, and Jason Whittle all with 9 years.

We have to be the youngest team in the NFL.

• OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: WOW! This is suprising!

I think the bigger problem- should we ever get there- is playoff experience.

Who on our team has actually played in a playoff game? Tripplett, Walker (if he shows up at camp), Dockery and Royal have 2 with the Skins, maybe Peerless with Atlanta- I think that's it.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• gr8slayer
      • Feb 2005

I'm glad we have such a young team. I just hope we can keep the core together.

Comment

• Goobylal
        • Jan 2004

Peerless also got it with the Bills in 1999. Then there's Langston Walker, Fowler, Hargrove, Nall, Anthony Thomas, Kiwaukee Thomas, Schneck and Whittle.

Comment

• raphael120
          Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by gr8slayer
          I'm glad we have such a young team. I just hope we can keep the core together.
          Well I hope they all are good together before we are hoping that they stay together! But as Chris Brown said, it's the tightest knit locker room he's seen since the super bowl years, and if he's right, then good things are going to follow.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

I'd much rather be rooting for a bunch of young guys to grow and improve, rather than for a bunch of old guys to hang on and try to make it through one more season.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Goobylal
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
              I'd much rather be rooting for a bunch of young guys to grow and improve, rather than for a bunch of old guys to hang on and try to make it through one more season.
              Exactly. Although I'm pretty confident that Spikes will NEVER be the player he once was, that Fletcher will never be able to take-on blockers, that McGahee will still be a liability in the pass game and never become a top-flight RB, that Clements was sorely overpaid and overrated, and that NONE of these guys are getting any younger.

Comment

• Goobylal
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                Exactly. Although I'm pretty confident that Spikes will NEVER be the player he once was, that Fletcher will never be able to take-on blockers, that McGahee will still be a liability in the pass game and never become a top-flight RB like he showed in college, and that Clements was sorely overpaid and overrated.

Comment

• cocamide
                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by concreteboy
                  And this is exactly why we are going to get lit up on a weekly basis this season.
                  Washington, with all their old experienced players, has been so good the last couple of years.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Dec 2005

That's a pretty sobering thought... I am now older than every player on this team. That is a very weird transition in life... when you become older than your sports heroes.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                      My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by bwbrenton
                      That's a pretty sobering thought... I am now older than every player on this team. That is a very weird transition in life... when you become older than your sports heroes.
                      I recently realized the same thing. Scary, isn't it?

I call them "kids" now.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by andyxc71
                        I recently realized the same thing. Scary, isn't it?

I call them "kids" now.
                        Very scary. Makes you appreciate your own mortality just a little bit more. Its like, "Damn, I would be getting ready to retire if I was in the NFL." Strange how quickly you get to this position.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

Originally posted by bwbrenton
                          Don't feel bad. I'm sure Im older than the FATHERS of just about every player on the team.

What is really weird for me is being older than the last two U.S. Presidents.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Being young isn't necessarily a problem as long as they can play. We tried the crusty vet thing and that got us 9 wins, once.

We are lacking some leadership type players on this team.

No doubt in the 90s that Kelly was the leader of the Offense and Bruce was the leader of the D.

I'm not sure that Schobel demands that kind of respect. On offense I couldn't even tell you who that is. JP would have to really take it up a notch to become that guy.

Comment

Working...
                            X