Sabres need to get more physical and mentally tough!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackonyx89
    HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
    • Mar 2005

Sabres need to get more physical and mentally tough!!!

I don't want to be the best team next year,just get in the playoffs. Get new players who have heart,grit,scoring abiltiy and hustle.

Lindy as great a season you had,you need to be more mentally tough when it comes to adversity!!! A team is reflected by the coaching and we fell short in the heart department.
    Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!
  • LABillsFan
    • Aug 2002

Re: Sabres need to get more physical and mentally tough!!!

Enough with the heart thing. It wasn't lack of heart, it was trying to play the style of the Playoffs that they don't have the personel for. Close to but not quite. You can't ask Briere, Max, Roy, etc to be physical, I mean you can but you saw it, they bounce off their checks, they are finess players. I agree they need to get bigger but it's not heart, its augmenting the finess players with grinders.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by LABillsFan
      Enough with the heart thing. It wasn't lack of heart, it was trying to play the style of the Playoffs that they don't have the personel for. Close to but not quite. You can't ask Briere, Max, Roy, etc to be physical, I mean you can but you saw it, they bounce off their checks, they are finess players. I agree they need to get bigger but it's not heart, its augmenting the finess players with grinders.
      That's exactly right... The refs call the games one way during the season and totally different in the playoffs. I understand that it's a let 'em play mentallity... But it shifts the advantage from the best team (according to established rules) to one of the more physical teams.

How do you build a team when you have a moving target of rules to follow?

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Jan 2004

That's why your going to see Peters gone and your going to see Kaleta here next season

Kaleta-Mair-Gaustad

Comment

• camelcowboy
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by LOSman WINS
          That's why your going to see Peters gone and your going to see Kaleta here next season

Kaleta-Mair-Gaustad

Get over yourself, Kaleta will be in rochester next year, and your pominville sig is quite kreepy. Your idea that every player on this team needs to have a local tie is just plain annoying.

Comment

• Crisis
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by camelcowboy
            Get over yourself, Kaleta will be in rochester next year, and your pominville sig is quite kreepy. Your idea that every player on this team needs to have a local tie is just plain annoying.
            LOL!

I had no idea he had that Pommers sig.

Wow....
            Originally posted by LOSman WINS
            Vanek is Austrian not European
            Originally posted by Prov401
            Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
            Originally posted by better days
            I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by camelcowboy

Comment

Working...
              X