• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

Who will stay, who will go??

After the collossel(sp?) failure of a season, we are at that time again.. thinking about who will stay with the team and who will go.

In my opinion:

GOING:
    Briere
    Numminen
    Peters
    Kotalik
    Zubrus (even though i want him to stay)

Maybe we could trade half the team for Patrick Kane (hes a huge sabres fan and would do anything to play for this team.. a buddy of mine used to play hockey with him)
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.
  • camelcowboy
    • Mar 2005

Re: Who will stay, who will go??

kalinin
    Spacek
    Briere
    Zubrus
    Kotalik

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

I'm hoping not, but I've got a bad feeling in my gut that Drury will go also.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• JD
        Sabres Zone
        • Sep 2003

There is no way Drury goes. If he leaves 99.9% of the Sabres fan base will lose their ****ing minds.

Watching last game, Drury is a god amongst hockey players. He may not score the most.. he may not hit the hardest but he is one HELL of a hockey player!
        “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• camelcowboy
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
          I believe if he leaves it will be his choice. I believe that everyone in the organization knows Drury's importance and they will make him a offer that would surprise many of us from a team that trys not to break the bank for one player. If Drury leaves i feel money's not the issue. I also feel it maybe crushing to this franchise.

Comment

• camelcowboy
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
            There is no way Drury goes. If he leaves 99.9% of the Sabres fan base will lose their ****ing minds.

Watching last game, Drury is a god amongst hockey players. He may not score the most.. he may not hit the hardest but he is one HELL of a hockey player!
            Im sure his agent and him realize that too.

Comment

• SabreEleven
              • Aug 2002

They should have signed Drury before he left the rink last night.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
                After the collossel(sp?) failure of a season, we are at that time again.. thinking about who will stay with the team and who will go.

In my opinion:

GOING:
                Briere
                Numminen
                Peters
                Kotalik
                Zubrus (even though i want him to stay)

Maybe we could trade half the team for Patrick Kane (hes a huge sabres fan and would do anything to play for this team.. a buddy of mine used to play hockey with him)
                Peters will still be here remember the NHL just raised the # of players that could get into fight instigator penalties during the seaon this year. Unless if Peters not back we could fill Kaleta in Peters spot and have a line of Kaleta, Mair and Gaustad. Kaleta is not scared to hit or fight and he draws other players into penalties also.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                  Peters will still be here remember the NHL just raised the # of players that could get into fight instigator penalties during the seaon this year. Unless if Peters not back we could fill Kaleta in Peters spot and have a line of Kaleta, Mair and Gaustad. Kaleta is not scared to hit or fight and he draws other players into penalties also.

gaustad's too good to waste on a line with Mair and Kaleta, especially if we lose all the guys we're anticipating losing. My guess is he'll be on the 3rd line.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• GThirst
                    • Jul 2006

Way to know fighting guys.

Kaleta can't replace Peters, due to Kaleta being small.

Imagine Peters fighting Kaleta, it wouldn't even be fair. Peters would maul him.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                      • Mar 2005

if kaleta breaks the line up it would be in Mair's role. He's not discipline enought yet, and to be honest watching him play he may never play within a system.

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
                        I'm starting to get the same feeling. That's why I hope that Darcy works with both players at the same time or you might end up offended the other one and sending them out the door too.

Comment

• JD
                          Sabres Zone
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by GThirst
                          Way to know fighting guys.

Kaleta can't replace Peters, due to Kaleta being small.

Imagine Peters fighting Kaleta, it wouldn't even be fair. Peters would maul him.
                          Peters is a good dancer, not so much of a fighter. I think most of us will agree. Hes a pussy. It's not the size of the dog in the fight its the size of the fight inside the dog and Peters is a poodle.

Comment

Working...
                          X