• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Notes from the Golisano's Press Conference

Post notes here!

Bettman: Galisano has signed the Asset Purchase Agreement.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Bettman: Bidding process still in effect for two more weeks. Other outside bids can be placed until April 4.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

Bettman: Without any "hiccups" Galisano will own the team on April 10.

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

Galisano: Thankful to those who voted against him or he would not have bought the team.

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

Galisano: Believes team should stay here. Jobs and positive image and quality of life important.

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Galisano: Believes in regionalism...southern tier, Rochester and Southern Ontario.

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Galisano strategy for winning: 1) Fans are the "first master". Affordable price. 2) "Second Master" Responsibility to players and staff. 3) "Third Master" Ownership--others will be brought in in the future.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

Galisano: High praises for Quinn and Pidgeon and Harmozz Monsour.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

Erkie Kailbourne: Bettman committed to keeping Sabres here from day 1.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

Kailbourne: Praises for Regier, Ruff and Quinn for their cooperation through the last 10 months.

Comment

• clumping platelets

What about bring back the old uniforms???

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

Questions from Media:

Ownership: Will he own all or greater than 51%

Answer: He owns it all and will open it up to thoughts of brining in other investors; after time. Does not own 51% of Paychex and if he doesn't own 51% of team that is ok.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                          Give me a minute...
                          • Jul 2002

Question: Price Tag?

Answer: Too much...lol...some numbers are still floating. Some numbers are assumptions of loans that may be refinance. Upward of $70 mil.

Bettman: No confirmation of price.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

Question: Why buy the team?

Answer: Interest in keeping the Sabres in the community and all of WNY.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                              Give me a minute...
                              • Jul 2002

Question: What revenue streams do you plan to open?

Answer: Bid is not different than it was. Cash is not much different than it ever was.

Comment

Working...
                              X