X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

for the people who want to keep Zubrus I found this little tidbit interesting

But he's going to be an unrestricted free agent this summer, and reportedly turned down a three year offer from the Caps worth $10-million.
    Washington dealt him wanting to get something in return before losing him this summer.

Zubrus says he doesn't regret turning down that offer.

now If the Capitals were willing to give him three years $10-Million and he turned it down just imagine what he would ask for from the Sabres and that is why the Sabres won't even make a deal for him.
    Last edited by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan; 05-20-2007, 09:36 PM.
  • camelcowboy
    • Mar 2005

Re: for the people who want to keep Zubrus I found this little tidbit interesting

Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    http://www.wgrz.com/sports/Columnist...?storyid=45741

now If the Capitals were willing to give him three years $10-Million and he turned it down just imagine what he would ask for from the Sabres and that is why the Sabres won't even make a deal for him and if Briere or Drury ask for something the Sabres should just let them walk also.
    he wanted 4 a year over 4 years, boy when you hold a grudge you just don't let it go do you. I'll tell you what complain about Zubrus signing if he actual does Whats your beef with Zubrus. He's not from buffalo? lol he was buffalo's best player round 1, and round 2.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
      • May 2003

Re: for the people who want to keep Zubrus I found this little tidbit interesting

Who knows if it is true, but didn't Zubrus want to find a place that he can stay and make his home? Maybe he didn't want to stay in Washington. I know one thing, that dude isn't worth no $4 million per year.

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

I'd easily pay him $3-4 million a year. He's that good!

Comment

• camelcowboy
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
          Who knows if it is true, but didn't Zubrus want to find a place that he can stay and make his home? Maybe he didn't want to stay in Washington. I know one thing, that dude isn't worth no $4 million per year.
          He wanted atleast a four year deal.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
            • May 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
            I'd easily pay him $3-4 million a year. He's that good!

I am not trying to debate you, but here are $4 million per year centers:
            Koivu, Saku
            Arnott, Jason
            Holik, Bobby
            Staal, Eric
            Spezza, Jason
            Marleau, Patrick
            Brind'Amour, Rod

I just don't know if I see him in this level.

Comment

• Dozerdog
              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

You can't lump him in with the RFA guys- Spezza and Stall would be $5 -6 million guys if they were UFA's

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

He's way better than Holik, and better than the ancient Brind'amour

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                  You can't lump him in with the RFA guys- Spezza and Stall would be $5 -6 million guys if they were UFA's
                  I am just putting down $4 million per year centers, not RFAs or UFAs, just salary. Either way, I just don't see him worth that much. During his time here he had 4 goals and 4 assists in 19 games in the regular season on the highest scoring team in the leage and in the playoffs he had 3 assists. I don't care what intagibles you bring or size you have, three assists in the playoffs is not worth $4 million.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

I am just putting down $4 million per year centers, not RFAs or UFAs, just salary. Either way, I just don't see him worth that much. During his time here he had 4 goals and 4 assists in 19 games in the regular season on the highest scoring team in the leage and in the playoffs he had 3 assists. I don't care what intagibles you bring or size you have, three assists in the playoffs is not worth $4 million.
                    He didn't score much because that wasn't his role in Buffalo.

He's supposed to make and take the hits that free up Briere and the other small but speedy finess players. On top of that, he wins faceoffs, kills penalties, and does a lot of the stuff that Hecht does that goes unnoticed. But he's a lot bigger and more physical with the speed to stay up with the rest of the team.

His stats might not show it- but he was on the ice a lot when Ovechkin was racking up goals as his linemate

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                      • May 2003

He's supposed to make and take the hits that free up Briere and the other small but speedy finess players. On top of that, he wins faceoffs, kills penalties, and does a lot of the stuff that Hecht does that goes unnoticed. But he's a lot bigger and more physical with the speed to stay up with the rest of the team.

His stats might not show it- but he was on the ice a lot when Ovechkin was racking up goals as his linemate
                      Sorry, I have to disagree. I don't think that is his role at all. Even if it were his role, that isn't worth $4 million per year. If the role is to take hits, you can get a grinder for much cheaper. He was there for offense and grit, not to take hits so other players can score. If that were the case he would have been playing with Briere and not Drury.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

I don't think he is ours at a $4 million price tag- I'd go 3 million tough

Comment

• clumping platelets

I'd give him 4yrs-$13 million (cap $3.25 million)

He's not worth $4 million/yr

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

uhh, he actually had 8 assists! That's right. 8 assists in the playoffs and was +1!

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Don't forget that he helped make the Drury line the best one in the playoffs for most of the 3 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                              X