but what can you say?

THATHURMANATOR
05-21-2007, 08:15 AM
Nothing.

Dr. Lecter
05-21-2007, 08:18 AM
but what can you say?

After the game I said:

****. ****. Damn. Son of a *****. **********. Mother****er. ****. Dirty whores.

LtBillsFan66
05-21-2007, 08:19 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=126840

OpIv37
05-21-2007, 08:19 AM
I am so tired of saying that....

ha- that was my last sig- something about Buffalo's motto being "there's always next year".

THATHURMANATOR
05-21-2007, 08:29 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=126840
I hope the Bills lose all their games just to spite you.

SabreEleven
05-21-2007, 08:55 AM
ha- that was my last sig- something about Buffalo's motto being "there's always next year".

I thought that was the official Chicago Cubs motto. They've suffered longer.

OpIv37
05-21-2007, 08:58 AM
I thought that was the official Chicago Cubs motto. They've suffered longer.

they certainly have. I don't really follow the Cubs, but the reason I find it so applicable to the Bills is because we're always "rebuilding". It's always for the next year or the year after that or the year after that. The FO has done a GREAT job of being able to tout mediocrity as success by making us think it's building to something great, but the greatness never actually comes.

Dr. Lecter
05-21-2007, 08:58 AM
they certainly have. I don't really follow the Cubs, but the reason I find it so applicable to the Bills is because we're always "rebuilding". It's always for the next year or the year after that or the year after that. The FO has done a GREAT job of being able to tout mediocrity as success by making us think it's building to something great, but the greatness never actually comes.

This FO has not done that because they have only been here one year. The previous one did do that.

LtBillsFan66
05-21-2007, 09:09 AM
I hope the Bills lose all there games just to spite you.

:(

mchurchfie
05-21-2007, 10:40 AM
:lolpoint:

Cleve
05-21-2007, 11:50 AM

I think that applies more to the Buffalo Bills than the Sabres. For example, we couldn't expect any performance from the Bills last year, because it was Jauron's first season.

Of course, in December 2007, we'll be hearing from the Bill's front office "It's only Jauron's second season - give him a chance! The Bills look good for a playoff spot next year. " LOL

OpIv37
05-21-2007, 12:08 PM
I think that applies more to the Buffalo Bills than the Sabres. For example, we couldn't expect any performance from the Bills last year, because it was Jauron's first season.

Of course, in December 2007, we'll be hearing from the Bill's front office "It's only Jauron's second season - give him a chance! The Bills look good for a playoff spot next year. " LOL

yeah, I'll agree with that- the Sabres are competitive more often than not. And hell, this season we were one of the 4 best teams in the league and we still weren't satisfied.

With the Bills, it's always next year or the year after or the year after...

JD
05-21-2007, 01:36 PM
QUICK! Stomp on his head while hes down!

Ebenezer
05-21-2007, 01:56 PM
yeah, I'll agree with that- the Sabres are competitive more often than not. And hell, this season we were one of the 4 best teams in the league and we still weren't satisfied.

some fans have to lower their expectations and stop taking everything so personally.

OpIv37
05-21-2007, 02:02 PM
some fans have to lower their expectations and stop taking everything so personally.

I'm not sure I agree. We lowered our expectations with the Bills and all it does is cause us to defend mediocrity year in and year out. With the Sabres, the disappointment stemmed from what could have been vs what was. This team had the best chance of winning that they've had since at least 99 and they still didn't do it.

Ebenezer
05-21-2007, 02:10 PM
I'm not sure I agree. We lowered our expectations with the Bills and all it does is cause us to defend mediocrity year in and year out. With the Sabres, the disappointment stemmed from what could have been vs what was. This team had the best chance of winning that they've had since at least 99 and they still didn't do it.

why is it that people want to confuse lowered expectations with accepting mediocrity...two different beasts entirely. I didn't expect them to go 38-35-9 or what ever...that is accepting mediocrity. I expected them to be competitive and was rewarded as such.

people look at the 53 wins and the presidents trophy and got very personal about it...this team wasn't close to the 75 team. I wanted them to win as much as anybody else but I never thought it was destiny, never thought it was owed them and never said it was deserved...many people just assumed they would walk through the playoffs.

SABuffalo786
05-21-2007, 08:50 PM
I'm really not that down about it. I honestly think we'll get one in the next five years.

Dozerdog
05-21-2007, 08:55 PM
I'm really not that down about it. I honestly think we'll get one in the next five years.With a roster packed with youth- you need to pay your dues and take lumps

SABuffalo786
05-21-2007, 08:59 PM
With a roster packed with youth- you need to pay your dues and take lumps

I think we've taken enough lumps already.

Third year's a charm! ;)

SABURZFAN
05-21-2007, 10:20 PM
After the game I said:

****. ****. Damn. Son of a *****. **********. Mother****er. ****. Dirty whores.

don't hold back Lecter. :up: