3 TD's
      2 Passes
      12 Yards
      1 TD

Lee Evans
      80 Receptions
      1232 Yards
      11 TD's
      I'd be ecstatic, except if it doesnt mean anything. If Losman throws for 3500 yards but cant lead us to victory, then its all for naught. If he throws for 2000 and we go 10-6, I'll still be happy.

Comment

• Chris23
        In Marv We Trust
        • May 2007

Re: Big 3 Predictions

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
        I'd be ecstatic, except if it doesnt mean anything. If Losman throws for 3500 yards but cant lead us to victory, then its all for naught. If he throws for 2000 and we go 10-6, I'll still be happy.
        Believe me with the points our D is gonna give up, we're gonna be in a couple shoot outs!

Comment

If Losman, Lynch, and Evans post those kinds of numbers we will win at least 8 or 9 games.

Lynch 4.3 ypc?

If that happens, then 2,300 yards and 15 TDs go to receivers besides Evans.

That would be 7 TDs more than we had all of last year. Assuming that Lindell has the same amount of points plus the 7 extras PATs, we would be ranked 14th in scoring using last season's numbers, IF no we have no one else run for a TD.

One additional rushing TD would put us at 11th scoring, four additional rushing TDs would put us at 8th.

Comment

• Chris23
            In Marv We Trust
            • May 2007

Originally posted by Wys Guy
            If Losman, Lynch, and Evans post those kinds of numbers we will win at least 8 or 9 games.

Lynch 4.3 ypc?

If that happens, then 2,300 yards and 15 TDs go to receivers besides Evans.

That would be 7 TDs more than we had all of last year. Assuming that Lindell has the same amount of points plus the 7 extras PATs, we would be ranked 14th in scoring using last season's numbers, IF no we have no one else run for a TD.

One additional rushing TD would put us at 11th scoring, four additional rushing TDs would put us at 8th.
            Your Point? We have one of the top Offensive Coordinators, and with him "opening the playbook" anything is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris23
              Believe me with the points our D is gonna give up, we're gonna be in a couple shoot outs!
              Agreed. I don't see us being able to control the ball like that on offense, because we can't get off the field on D. But you also just don't post numbers like that on 28 minutes time of possession, which is all we're going to have.

We were a deep team last year. We did hardly anything otherwise.

We had more deep TD passes than either Cincy or Indy and both of those teams threw then again about 50% more TD passes and have greater deep threats all in all.

It's all going to boil down to Lynch. If he can provide a stable and decent ground game for us, then we have a shot at controlling the ball from the offensive side. If not then our D isn't going to be able to get anyone off the field except after scores.

Unless Reed really steps it up I have no idea where we are going to get other receiving production. Price is washed up. Parrish is an arm tackler's wet dream. Lynch is really going to have to be a one-man show.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

We have one of the top Offensive Coordinators, and with him "opening the playbook" anything is possible.

Oh wait, I'm a homer !

sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Your Point? We have one of the top Offensive Coordinators, and with him "opening the playbook" anything is possible.
                  OK, why do you say that?

What has Fairchild done in his past that makes him "one of the top offensive coordinators?"

Specifically and not in a completely one-dimensional analysis of how he led a team (questionable anyway behind Martz) built for passing to an aerial circus with no rushing production to speak of.

I'll leave you with that as I don't feel like getting into the weeds on soft indicators and promises. But I believe if you actually look in detail at Fairchild's record, all around, you'll see absolutely no basis for your assertion other than b/c Levy and Jauron told you so.

Comment

BTW, Levy and Jauron said he was brought on to balance the O. Were the offenses in St. Louis balanced (Pass to Run) while he was the OC there?

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

if Losman throws 3500 yards and can't lead us to victory, it will be the D's fault and not his. But I don't think he'll have that many yards because he won't have that much time with the ball- our D won't be able to get off the field.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                        Pinkerton's son
                        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        if Losman throws 3500 yards and can't lead us to victory, it will be the D's fault and not his. But I don't think he'll have that many yards because he won't have that much time with the ball- our D won't be able to get off the field.
                        Agreed, but what I guess what Im saying is, is that if he doesnt play big when we need him to, then it doesnt really matter what his numbers are.

I just hope our D doesnt crumble every game.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                          • Sep 2003

The obvious question remains the offensive line... Again I did review last seasons last 9 games (post bye week O-line changes) and here is what it tells...

JP avg 25.7 attempts per game that forcast to 411 attempts for 16 games.
                          JP avg 16.2 comp per game and that forcast to 259 comp. for 16 games.
                          JP avg. 187 yards per game and that forcast to 2992 yards for 16 games.
                          JP would forcast at 23 TD's and 12 INT's for 16 games!

Overall not bad- Would like to see a few more comp. and 210 YPG!

The downfall of our offense was the rushing attack (or lack there of).

During the last 9 games again, here are some stats (I did not add all the rushing attempts Like JP or Peerless, pretty much just the featured back, Willis was out for a couple of games).

172 attempts during that 9 game span equals 19 attempts per gameat a paltry avg of 74.5 YPG clip!
                          Hopefully Lynch gets his touches I would like to see 20 Rushes and 3-5 receptions add Wright or A-train getting 5 touches a game and I think we will see an improved and more productive offense in 2007!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

My big 3 predictions

JP-probowl
                            Evans -probowl
                            Top 10 D -
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• eyedog
                              • Jul 2002

If Lynch stays healthy and plays 16 games he will rush for 1,300+ yds.

Comment

Working...
                              X