PDA

View Full Version : Portis & Samuels: Dogfights are alright.

Gunzlingr
05-21-2007, 09:49 AM
http://www.wavy.com/global/video/popup/pop_player.asp?ClipID1=1449454&h1=Two%20Redskins%20players%20talk%20about%20Michael%20Vick%20investigation&vt1=v&at1=News&d1=141133&LaunchPageAdTag=Homepage&activePane=info&playerVersion=1&hostPageUrl=http://www.wavy.com

The Spaz
05-21-2007, 10:07 AM
Wow they are bright...:wtf:

M
05-21-2007, 10:08 AM
I guess it doesn't matter that dogfights are illegal?!?!? What jerks!

The Spaz
05-21-2007, 10:09 AM
Perhaps they should know wether it' on his property or not it's illegal. **** those mother ****ers too...:mad:

raphael120
05-21-2007, 11:30 AM
I say we throw them both in a cage with a dozen pissed off, hungry pitbulls.

Then see how fun it is.

The Spaz
05-21-2007, 11:31 AM
Goddell should look at these comments!!

bflojohn
05-21-2007, 08:16 PM
Goodell has a pretty disfunctional league, in a lot of repects! I'm going to brighten the mood though.... did anyone know about Jason Simmons of the Houston Texans and his "contribution"? Ahmad Green wanted his number, 30, so Jason said to him that he'd like him to contribute to a down payment on a home for a single parent!! There is GOOD NEWS if one looks hard enough! This story is buried in the Arizona Republics' sports pages!

gil
05-21-2007, 08:21 PM
Here's a link to the story for those who couldn't see the vid there (like me):

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2878099

Maybe your value system gets removed when you have multiple knee surgeries like these guys do - I mean, defending dog fighting?

Preview of next week: "Portis Defends Sean Taylor for Baby-Seal Clubbing Safari"

mayotm
05-21-2007, 08:25 PM
Anybody that supports dog fighting should be publicly stoned.

Carlton Bailey
05-21-2007, 09:24 PM
Suspend them both. Seriously. If they OK it, they're probably in on it.

Jan Reimers
05-22-2007, 05:10 AM
It's also ugly, vicious and inhumane. I wish nothing but the worst on anyone who would have so little heart and compassion that they would condone dog fighting.

These two deserve every bad thing that life ever throws their way.

Meathead
05-22-2007, 05:22 AM
i say we let young dumb millionares who have no skill other than god gifted physical superiority make all the decisions for our society

Night Train
05-22-2007, 06:58 AM
It's amazing the tripe that comes out of the mouths of these walking 5 watt bulbs.

Tons of $$ with the IQ's of a fence post. I can't believe their agents don't advise them to just shut up in public.

NorthCarBills
05-22-2007, 07:29 AM
I saw the interview air last night. I don't post too often, but I could not pass on this. It was simply disgusting. I know the commish can't control what some of these idiots think, but I feel he can/should put a foot down on the way players represent the league, especially with the media.

Wys Guy
05-22-2007, 08:00 AM
Maybe they were talking about their wives squaring off.

Who knows. I think it's safe to say that you won't be finding either in the Who's Who list of intellectual contributions to the world anytime soon.

Point of note: Dockery's contract is bigger than Samuel's.

The Spaz
05-22-2007, 08:36 AM
Maybe they were talking about their wives squaring off.

Who knows. I think it's safe to say that you won't be finding either in the Who's Who list of intellectual contributions to the world anytime soon.

What does that have to do with this topic? Besides intellectually Samuels sounds as intelgent as Frankenstein. Dockery is very well spoken as heard on BB.com a few times.

ddaryl
05-22-2007, 09:39 AM
P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C

IMO any 2 animals pitted against each other in a fight that usually ends up with a death of one of the creatures just for human amusement is really sad.

then they have the nerve to try and spin doctor it and make it sound like it is an ok every day occurence, and Vick is targeted solely becuase he has fame....

trapezeus
05-22-2007, 04:19 PM
i, in no way, support dogfighting. But perhaps portis says this from a point of view that he is much like one of those dogs. he's thrown into field, risks major injury for the satisfaction of the crowd.

Now granted the players are paid well and the dogs are not. but maybe this is where portis gets his callousness.

Jan Reimers
05-22-2007, 04:24 PM
i, in no way, support dogfighting. But perhaps portis says this from a point of view that he is much like one of those dogs. he's thrown into field, risks major injury for the satisfaction of the crowd.

Now granted the players are paid well and the dogs are not. but maybe this is where portis gets his callousness.
Here's the big difference: Portis does it voluntarily. The dogs have no choice.

You really can't rationalize or justify the thoughts of an idiot like Portis.

BillsFanInNM
05-22-2007, 04:27 PM

Portis chose to play sports, the dogs have no choice, its fight or die.