PDA

View Full Version : Poz quote from SI

Gunzlingr
05-21-2007, 11:59 AM
Per Shirley Temple's MMQB:

Quote of the Week I

"When I watch film of how I played last year, it disgusts me. It's awful. I know how much better I can play, and I know I'm going to play so much better in the NFL. I can make more plays. I can be stronger. I can tackle better. I'll show people I'm a much better player next year.''
-- Penn State linebacker Paul Posluszny, drafted in the second round by Buffalo.

The Spaz
05-21-2007, 12:00 PM
Wow I thought he played well for having a brace on half the year. Go get'em Poz!!

Night Train
05-21-2007, 12:04 PM
The way he speaks and carries himself reminds me of Chris Spielman.

If he plays anywhere near Spielmans level, he'll have this town eating out of his hand.

The Answer
05-21-2007, 12:07 PM

The Answer has been sick and disgusted watching POZ game film as well.

Kid has a looooooong way to go to shake the bust label and live up to his lofty 2nd round draft status.

~The Answer

The Spaz
05-21-2007, 12:09 PM

Kid has a looooooong way to go to shake the bust label and live up to his lofty 2nd round draft status.

~The Answer

Penn State all time leading tackler. Learn something Troll.

The_Question
05-21-2007, 12:10 PM
The Question would like to know this! Will the extra studying make him better?

~The Question

The Answer
05-21-2007, 12:12 PM

~The Question

No - you either have the natural talent or you don't.

It's like one of my bosses told me - you are either born a salesman or you're not, you can't learn how to be one in class.

~The Answer

Static
05-21-2007, 12:13 PM

~The Question

Let me enter my Vault to get some game film on him and i'll let you know.

The Answer
05-21-2007, 12:13 PM
Penn State all time leading tackler. Learn something Troll.

Means nothing until he proves it in the big boys league.

~The Answer

The_Question
05-21-2007, 12:18 PM

It's like one of my bosses told me - you are either born a salesman or you're not, you can't learn how to be one in class.

~The Answer

Is The Question the only one who disagrees with this post?

~The Question

Tatonka
05-21-2007, 12:27 PM

~The Answer

are you kidding me, ice, your saying Poz has to shake a bust label BEFORE HE PLAYS IN ONE PRESEASON GAME??? wow.. that is the fastest bust ever!

Tatonka
05-21-2007, 12:30 PM

~The Answer

that is such a ton of crap... there are literally THOUSANDS of guys who have talent and couldnt cut it in the nfl.. and actually, there are tons of examples of less talented guys that are great players because they work hard, not because they are talented.. jerry rice is a perfect example...

User Manuel
05-21-2007, 01:15 PM

That is the attitude I hoped to see from him.

I guess he knows why he wasn't a #1 too!

YardRat
05-21-2007, 01:17 PM
The kid BETTER be a candidate for defensive ROY.

Philagape
05-21-2007, 01:27 PM
If first-team All American and Bednarik Award disgusts Poz, imagine what a monster season he'd be happy with :D

Mr. Miyagi
05-21-2007, 03:06 PM
Means nothing until he proves it in the big boys league.

~The Answer
You know, like Kelly Holcomb.

Mr. Miyagi
05-21-2007, 03:11 PM
The Answer repped me with a racial slur.
If this is true, report it directly to a mod and it will be investigated. Thanks.

Chris23
05-21-2007, 03:13 PM

~The Answer
Post edited - ToS violation - Mr. Miyagi

Michael82
05-21-2007, 07:38 PM
Wow! Anyone else get chills hearing quotes like this? I'm thrilled that he's not happy with himself. It means he's going to do everything he can to better himself each year! :bf1:

I can't wait to get my Poz jersey and wear it proudly! :D

im4bflo
05-21-2007, 08:54 PM
Look at BRUCE when we first drafted him, and the player he then became.
Sounds like POZ is headed in the right direction.
I'm wearing my replica POZ all the time, and my authentic should be here in a couple weeks.
POZSQUAD! #51

HHURRICANE
05-21-2007, 09:10 PM
I think that he recognizes that he can play better is a positive sign. It sounds better than a bunch of excuses.

Goobylal
05-21-2007, 09:15 PM
Remember that he was still recovering from his knee injury during most of last season, as well as becoming familiar/comfortable with a new position. He's probably close to 100% finally, and that's a good thing for the Bills.

justasportsfan
05-22-2007, 09:06 AM
Poz looked very slow in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFTqY8pSqcE

I hope that isn't his top speed and was simply still trying to get back from his injury or that his game speed is better. Watching videos from his pre injury , he's looks like a bigger Zach Thomas. I'll take it.

Goobylal
05-22-2007, 10:09 AM
Pos "looked very slow?" I didn't see that and actually thought he looked fast.

The Answer
05-22-2007, 11:23 AM
Pos "looked very slow?" I didn't see that and actually thought he looked fast.

Believe The Answer on this - Poz is very slow and that is one of the big concerns as he transitions to the pro level.

~The Answer

The Spaz
05-22-2007, 11:27 AM
Believe The Answer on this - Poz is very slow and that is one of the big concerns as he transitions to the pro level.

~The Answer

Very slow huh?:shakeno:

Goobylal
05-22-2007, 11:32 AM
Sorry but a 4.58 40-yard with a 4.20 short shuttle and 6.94 3-cone drill is NOT slow, and a 37" vertical and 9'8" broad jump is incredibly athletic.

TedMock
05-22-2007, 11:43 AM
Seriously "Poz" has to be the most overrated player to come from PSU since Ki Jana Carter.

He better hope he comes to play or the boos are going to be real loud at home games.

I'm not a Penn State fan, but how can you say that Carter was overrated? He averaged over 8 yards per carry in college. He tore his ACL in his very first pre-season game and never fully recovered. On the few occasions that he was healthy he was the goal line back. Obviously a sign that the breakaway speed was gone. A shattered wrist and a dislocation to the other knee spelled journeyman for his final couple of seasons. You can't call him a bust because of the injuries. He may very well had ended up being a bust, but we'll never know.