PDA

View Full Version : Chicago blackhawks looking to trade #1?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
05-21-2007, 12:01 PM
Could this be us?

Zig says The Chicago Blackhawks are looking to trade their #1 pick in this years NHL Entry draft for more picks. Now Buffalo wants Kane badly that they might package a few players Afinogenov's name has come up a couple of times, If Chicago does decide to trade the #1 pick they want in return a #1 draft pick next year, a player this year, and a prospect player.

JD
05-21-2007, 12:17 PM
I am not sure if Kane will be worth all of that, he is no Sidney Crosby but he is a good player.

Ebenezer
05-21-2007, 12:22 PM
our 2008 #1, the first pick in the second this year and Max....they got a deal.

OpIv37
05-21-2007, 12:25 PM
isn't Kane undersized like Briere? Not that it means he won't be a great player, but this team clearly needs more of a physical presence so I don't know if it makes a lot of sense to trade away a lot for another undersized guy.

User Manuel
05-21-2007, 12:35 PM
Kane is pretty darned good, but I am not sure I would do that deal. I would want a defenseman from them as well. Maybe Brent Seabrook and the #1 for the #1, Max and Kalinin.

JD
05-21-2007, 12:39 PM
London Knights forward Patrick Kane is the top-rated prospect for the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, according to International Scouting Services's final report released this week.

Kane led the OHL in scoring with 145 points in 58 games. He played in the OHL all-star game and helped lead the Knights to the Western Conference final, where they lost to Plymouth in five games.

The 18-year-old Buffalo native won a gold medal for the United States at the world under-18 championship, where he was also the tournament's top scorer with 12 points.

HT: 5'10
WT: 160lbs.
Position: RW
Positives: Speed, Agility
Negatives: Size, Weak forechecker

camelcowboy
05-21-2007, 12:40 PM
Kane is pretty darned good, but I am not sure I would do that deal. I would want a defenseman from them as well. Maybe Brent Seabrook and the #1 for the #1, Max and Kalinin.good luck with that, no way chicago parts with seabrook or keith

JD
05-21-2007, 12:54 PM
Some videos with Patty Kane....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Wv_E0KXekj4

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2-Xukc6GOis

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kz6BuNBcrAA

User Manuel
05-21-2007, 01:12 PM
good luck with that, no way chicago parts with seabrook or keith

I actually tend to agree with you. I wouldn't give away max though. I saw Kane play in the past year. He was good. He faltered in the playoffs though and London was knocked out in 5.

I have also seen Tavares live and Tavares is far superior to Kane.

JD
05-21-2007, 01:16 PM
Patrick Kane (born November 19, 1988 in Buffalo, New York) is an American junior ice hockey player. He is currently playing for the London Knights of the Ontario Hockey League. Kane was drafted in the 5th round of the 2004 OHL Bantam Draft, but didn't choose to play for the Knights until the 2006-07 season. Kane's junior career has started off with a bang. Playing on a line with Sergei Kostitsyn and Sam Gagner, he amassed 145 points for the OHL scoring title and combined with Gagner and Kostitsyn for 394 points.

Kane was named to the U.S. squad for the 2007 World Jr. Hockey Championships where he was selected as one of the tournament's All-Stars. He was one of only 3 players on the team to be playing major junior hockey. He led all players in scoring in the tournament. Kane is projected to be the #1 Pick in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft. Patrick Kane and his London Knights finished the post-season losing in the OHL's Western Conference final to the Plymouth Whalers in a 4-1 best of 7 series loss. He finished his postseason with 10 goals and 21 assists for a total of 31 points in 16 games.

On April 27, 2007, Kane was announced as the winner of the Emms Family Award for the OHL rookie of the year. He was also named runner-up to John Tavares for the Red Tilson Trophy as league MVP.

31 points in 16 games.. I wouldnt call that a "faultered" playoffs Lawesome.

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-21-2007, 01:38 PM
I wouldn't go as far as say Kane faultered as much as he ran into a red hot Plymouth team.

However, he scored 25 of those points in the first two rounds. Then scored three in London's only win in the Plymouth series. In the four losses to Plymouth he only tallied four assists.

I did see this kid play and I will say that he does have talent and yes, he is a little guy.

camelcowboy
05-21-2007, 01:41 PM
I actually tend to agree with you. I wouldn't give away max though. I saw Kane play in the past year. He was good. He faltered in the playoffs though and London was knocked out in 5.

I have also seen Tavares live and Tavares is far superior to Kane. Im not a big fan of giving up max either. I'd give them Roy and kotalik before Max. Should this team in its state be looking for help from 18 year olds? I believe we should be looking for veteran leadership, but looking at ottawa's development they traded yashin for spezza when they were still a very good team. I don't know. I would like to see size, grit and expirence on this team before youth. Kane would have to go to Rochester i assume?

camelcowboy
05-21-2007, 01:54 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=F_xNxWmd7cI&mode=related&search=

I can't say i have any clue about the OHL, who is this 89 Sam Gagner, thats one of the sicker moves i have seen on any level?

mchurchfie
05-21-2007, 01:56 PM
All you Max naysayers are nuts, he is still a superior talent. He may not have been that super in the playoffs but neither was anyone else. Over the last two regular seasons he was very prominent in helping us make it to the PO's.

camelcowboy
05-21-2007, 01:58 PM
All you Max naysayers are nuts, he is still a superior talent. He may not have been that super in the playoffs but neither was anyone else. Over the last two regular seasons he was very prominent in helping us make it to the PO's. I thought he was the sabres best forward in the ottawa series.

mchurchfie
05-21-2007, 02:03 PM
I thought he was the sabres best forward in the ottawa series.
Me too, at least he was hustling even if he did make a mistake here or there. Most of the rest of them just stood around and took their ***** slappings like good little girls by Ottawa.

JD
05-21-2007, 02:12 PM
I thought he was the sabres best forward in the ottawa series.
Agreed!

Sam Gagner.. I think thats where Connolly got his move from. Connolly trys that a lot, just cant seem to score all too often with it.

Still very nice, and hard to do on ice :(

Ebenezer
05-21-2007, 02:14 PM
Max may TRY hard but he is not productive enough in the playoffs. I read the postes...people want TRYing and HARD WORK and I get all that...a player needs to be productive too...Max disappeared for two years in a row in the playoffs.

camelcowboy
05-21-2007, 02:16 PM
Max may TRY hard but he is not productive enough in the playoffs. I read the postes...people want TRYing and HARD WORK and I get all that...a player needs to be productive too...Max disappeared for two years in a row in the playoffs. 3 goals against ottawa, and a overtime winner against the rangers after the benching. get real.

5g-4a in 15 games there are many players on this team who have been far more disapointing.

mchurchfie
05-21-2007, 02:22 PM
Max may TRY hard but he is not productive enough in the playoffs. It wasn't like the rest of the team was lighting up the scoreboard either.

Max disappeared for two years in a row in the playoffs.
He has been very producitive in the regular season. You have to start there before you get to the PO's.

Ebenezer
05-21-2007, 02:24 PM
He has been very producitive in the regular season. You have to start there before you get to the PO's.

Understood but if it helps a longer more productive playoff run to use Max for some better Defense or tougher guys in the corner I'll take 5th place in the conference.

camelcowboy
05-21-2007, 02:27 PM
Tim Connolly 0g 9a
Pomenville 4g 6a
Roy 2-5
Zubrus 0g 8a
Hecht 4g 1a
Kotalik 2g 2a
You love numbers EB, how about these. Alot of guys had subpar series. Some may have a role on the PK unit, but to be honest the unit sucked as well. All these guys should be gone before Max. Hecht, and Zubrus i can look beyond the numbers the others have been a disapointment.

Ebenezer
05-21-2007, 02:40 PM
Tim Connolly 0g 9a
Pomenville 4g 6a
Roy 2-5
Zubrus 0g 8a
Hecht 4g 1a
Kotalik 2g 2a
You love numbers EB, how about these. Alot of guys had subpar series. Some may have a role on the PK unit, but to be honest the unit sucked as well. All these guys should be gone before Max. Hecht, and Zubrus i can look beyond the numbers the others have been a disapointment.
it's not based on clearing out everybody that had a subpar series...to do that you would have to completely dismantle the team. you move a couple of players that would open up cap space and/or have some worth. Max (cap space and worth), Spacek and Kalinin (cap space) would be a good start. The others on that list won't open up much cap space and have little trade value. The choice of Kotalik over Max is easy - Max gets you more in a trade.

mchurchfie
05-21-2007, 04:47 PM
Understood but if it helps a longer more productive playoff run to use Max for some better Defense or tougher guys in the corner I'll take 5th place in the conference.
Right, that's why you want to trade him to Chicago along with our number one for a chance at a160 LB untested top prospect. I'll bet he'll really help us in the physical dept.;)

Michael82
05-21-2007, 06:43 PM
HT: 5'10
WT: 160lbs.
Position: RW
Positives: Speed, Agility
Negatives: Size, Weak forechecker

Wow! That's just the kind of guy that we need.... :ill: :rolleyes:

I understand that this kid is the best one in the draft and a local guy, but sorry I'm not interested. Especially if it means giving up a guy like Max, who played his ass off after he was benched and has a lot of heart. Why the **** would we want another small guy who can't hit? All you people want to get rid of Briere, yet many of you want to give away the farm for a younger version? I don't understand! And again, who gives a crap whether it's a local guy or not. Same thing with Kaleta. Local guys are nice stories and all, but the bottom line is...can they play hard and help us win? If not, I'm not interested.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
05-21-2007, 07:43 PM
The NHL draft is nothing like the NFL draft