X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Bengals cut Nicholson

COVINGTON, Ky. -- Linebacker A.J. Nicholson was waived by the Cincinnati Bengals on Monday, hours after he pleaded not guilty to a charge that he hit his girlfriend. She insists she accidentally hit herself with a cell phone, and police misread what happened.

Nicholson

Nicholson was charged with misdemeanor assault Friday, and despite his girlfriend's claim the case will go forward. He remains free on $5,000 bond and a pretrial hearing was set for May 31.
    Nicholson was a fifth-round draft pick from Florida State in 2006 but played in only two games because of a hamstring injury.
    His arrest was the first of a Bengals player since NFL commissioner Roger Goodell cracked down on misconduct last month. He already was one of nine Bengals players arrested during a nine-month span.
    Outside court, Victoria Johnson said Nicholson never hit her. She says she got a mark under her eye when she grabbed a cell phone from Nicholson so hard she struck herself with the phone.

The Bengals released linebacker A.J. Nicholson, who pled not guilty to assault charges on Monday.
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!
  • TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bengals cut Nicholson

I presume she must have called the police in the first place. So what did she do, call the police and say, "My boy friend and I are having a fight and I hit myself with a cell phone, so please come and arrest him?"
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• casdhf
      • Jul 2002

Must be he had theft deterrent
      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• bflojohn
        • Aug 2005

Is there a Ohio State prison anywhere close to Cincinnati? If so, they would field a fairly talented team! Prediction of the day.... A.J. Nicholson will NEVER put on an NFL uniform again!!

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

I assume she was marred from the "cell phone injury" forcing police to take futher action. But think about it, try clocking yourself in the head with your 3 ounce cell phone and see what gets marred first. Unless you're a hemophiliac or a leper, the phone is going to go down every time.

Now if you take that phone and whip it at somone from about 20 paces, that's going to leave a mark.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Comment

• dannyek71
              Drink Responsibly
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by RedEyE
              I assume she was marred from the "cell phone injury" forcing police to take futher action. But think about it, try clocking yourself in the head with your 3 ounce cell phone and see what gets marred first. Unless you're a hemophiliac or a leper, the phone is going to go down every time.

Now if you take that phone and whip it at somone from about 20 paces, that's going to leave a mark.
              I guess she accidently threw the cellphone at herself and hit herself at 20 paces
              [

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Of course on this board he's already guilty.

Kind of ironic, yet NOT surprising.

Last year when Whitner was in trouble; he was "innocent until proven guilty". Of course, he's also a Buffalo Bill

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• The Spaz
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                  Of course on this board he's already guilty.

Kind of ironic, yet NOT surprising.

Last year when Whitner was in trouble; he was "innocent until proven guilty". Of course, he's also a Buffalo Bill
                  What have we heard from the incident since? Don't you think if there was anything to it we would still hear things? Has Whitner had chronic runs ins with the law?

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

has Nicolson?

He probably is guilty. But that's not the point. When its a guy from another team most here are quick to judge. But if its a Bill (whitner, henry some years back) its always a "wait and see what happens" attitude.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• The Spaz
                      • Mar 2003

has Nicolson?

He probably is guilty. But that's not the point. When its a guy from another team most here are quick to judge. But if its a Bill (whitner, henry some years back) its always a "wait and see what happens" attitude.
                      That is th epoint we kept hearing about his incidents whearas Whitners was a minor blip on the radar and disappeared. Also Nicholson is a repeat offender for burgulary and now this.

Comment

• raphael120
                        Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                        • Oct 2005

Wait another player cut?

Where's all the threads by the board weenies saying "I'd like to see him brought here!"

Comment

• superbills
                          • Mar 2003

has Nicolson?

Stirring the pot again are we?
                          He probably is guilty
                          . Speaking of quick to judge. Thought you could just slip that in there, eh? Probably guilty, why? You have evidence that we don't?

Anyway, who's judging? I didn't read any posts condemning him as a thug and sentencing him to life in prison. All that was said was that the story his girlfriend is giving is unlikely at best. Why were the police called when she hit herself with the phone? If she hit herself with the phone, would that have even caused enough physical harm to be worth worrying about in the first place?

Quit trying to turn everything into a controversy. It's getting old.
                          "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
                          Ronald Reagan
                          40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• Throne Logic
                            Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                            • Aug 2002

Those Motorola Razors have a surprising boomerang action that understandably caught her off guard.
                            Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

Working...
                            X