PDA

View Full Version : Roscoe Parrish #2 WR ?

bills4every1
05-22-2007, 10:55 AM
I have been seriously thinking that Roscoe could light it up at the #2 WR spot, he is small but if he could bulk up a bit - WOW

He has talent and speed, he could create ALOT of mismatches when across from evans. I just think the upside with roscoe as the #2 is way more than Price.

I was thinking this

#1 Evans #2 Parrish #3 Reed in the slot #4 Price

Let me know your thoughts?

The Answer
05-22-2007, 10:56 AM
I have been seriously thinking that Roscoe could light it up at the #2 WR spot, he is small but if he could bulk up a bit - WOW

He has talent and speed, he could create ALOT of mismatches when across from evans. I just think the upside with roscoe as the #2 is way more than Price.

I was thinking this

#1 Evans #2 Parrish #3 Reed in the slot #4 Price

Let me know your thoughts?

The little fella has been a monumental dissappointment - he needs to step it up this year and show The Answer something.

~The Answer

OpIv37
05-22-2007, 10:57 AM
No friggin way.

Roscoe is only good in space- he's useless in traffic and he's too small to break tackles. Physical corners will keep him from getting a quick release to help neutralize his speed.

If Price is bad enough it might be worth a shot, but I really don't see how this could possibly work.

Mad Bomber
05-22-2007, 11:01 AM
No friggin way.

Roscoe is only good in space- he's useless in traffic and he's too small to break tackles. Physical corners will keep him from getting a quick release to help neutralize his speed.

If Price is bad enough it might be worth a shot, but I really don't see how this could possibly work.
Ditto.

Pinkerton Security
05-22-2007, 11:02 AM
Ya I love Roscoe and look past his shortcomings sometimes because I like him so much but he is not a #2 WR. Just too small and frail.

djjimkelly
05-22-2007, 11:03 AM
i dont think price played that bad last year except the chicago game . where he played real bad that day but so did the whole team.

anyway2nd year in system for him JP everyone i think hes gonna have a ressurection of his career this year and grab 65-80 balls u heard it here first and im not being a homer.

price didnt have that many chances last year based on how conservative we was as a team thru the first 8 weeks of the year.

i think fairchild and jauron now trust JP o line SHOULD I PRAY SHOULD BE better and give time for JP to make 1 or 2 extra reads to possibly god help me for saying it look at 3rd or 4th option in the pattern. and this will make prices numbers go up.

The_Question
05-22-2007, 11:04 AM
He has been a colossal let-down. He needs to up his game this year and answer The Question's concerns.

~The Question

raphael120
05-22-2007, 11:09 AM
Dude is not a Santana Moss/Steve Smith kinda guy. Sure he's got the speed, but his frame is not able to be as built up as those other guys I mentioned. He's a great slot reciever but he has been a big dissapointment...just another loss tacked onto the old regime.

bills4every1
05-22-2007, 11:12 AM
I do get your point he is small, I just don't see Price as the long term solution for the bills. Roscoe might not be that solution for the #2 either, but has more upside. There are MANY receivers in the league within 10-30 Ibs of his weight and with his height.

I was also just wondering why a few of you are referring to yourselfs in the 3rd person, that cannot be healthy (just a thought) lol. :roflmao:

mchurchfie
05-22-2007, 11:12 AM
The corners will put him in the stands before he even off the line of scrimmage.

The Answer
05-22-2007, 11:15 AM
I do get your point he is small, I just don't see Price as the long term solution for the bills. Roscoe might not be that solution for the #2 either, but has more upside. There are MANY receivers in the league within 10-30 Ibs of his weight and with his height.

I was also just wondering why a few of you are referring to yourselfs in the 3rd person, that cannot be healthy (just a thought) lol. :roflmao:

The Answer is a huge fan of Price, but his better days are likely behind him so we can only hope he's a solid #3 from this point forward.

Parrish and Reed are what they are - both show flashes, but neither are a true #2 either.

This is going to sound crazy but we need should take a look at Antonio Bryant.....

~The Answer

Romes
05-22-2007, 11:16 AM
parrish is a good for punt returning, wr screens, and reverses thats about it. Eventhough the catch he had against the texans was spectacular, you didn't see any of that on a consitent bases when he lined up at wideout.

Bottom line is he is a "specialty" player and not an every down guy.

justasportsfan
05-22-2007, 11:20 AM
He has to earn the spot, not have it handed to him. This could be his final camp to make something of himself.

The King
05-22-2007, 11:32 AM
Parrish is affraid of snow never mind LBers over the middle. His strength is in stretching the field unfortunately is isnt very good at that either.

OpIv37
05-22-2007, 11:41 AM
i dont think price played that bad last year except the chicago game . where he played real bad that day but so did the whole team.

anyway2nd year in system for him JP everyone i think hes gonna have a ressurection of his career this year and grab 65-80 balls u heard it here first and im not being a homer.

price didnt have that many chances last year based on how conservative we was as a team thru the first 8 weeks of the year.

i think fairchild and jauron now trust JP o line SHOULD I PRAY SHOULD BE better and give time for JP to make 1 or 2 extra reads to possibly god help me for saying it look at 3rd or 4th option in the pattern. and this will make prices numbers go up.

We've been hearing since 2004 how Price was going to ressurrect his career and it hasn't happened yet. He'll have more production if the OL is better but he'll never come close to what he did in 02.

TedMock
05-22-2007, 11:47 AM
Dude is not a Santana Moss/Steve Smith kinda guy. Sure he's got the speed, but his frame is not able to be as built up as those other guys I mentioned. He's a great slot reciever but he has been a big dissapointment...just another loss tacked onto the old regime.

He's about 20 lbs. lighter than Smith. That's the problem. 5'9" is fine, but he's only about 160lbs. He needs to get to a legit 180 lbs. to be stocky enough to take tough jams.

The Hypothesis
05-22-2007, 11:53 AM
I hypothesize that if you add weight room with film study it will translate to on the field improvements but that is purely scientific theory....

~The Hypothesis

bigbub2352
05-22-2007, 12:06 PM
I got a bad feeling that Rosocoe will be nothing more than an overpaid return man, and that is not his fault that is TD's fault, he probably would have lasted to the 3rd round in that draft, but we signed him to a very unfriendly contract, i think the kid has alot of talent but he is too small to get open consistantly, plus he gets jammed at the line which doesnt allow him to go deep, i am pretty sure he will make over 2 million this year and that is alot to spend on a punt returner, he needs to get the ball in the flats and screens like a rb, and try and set up the deep ball, also maybe start returning kicks give terrance a break now that he is our #1 cb

Marvelous
05-22-2007, 12:26 PM
Parrish - #2
I like it!

I thought he showed signs of being a playmaker when he has the ball..His opportunity was limited....

-He goes over the middle & takes punishment! That surprised me because he's so small....I like the kid & his upside is huge compaired to Reed & Peerless.............

bills4every1
05-22-2007, 12:31 PM
actually Parrish is getting paid next to nothing.

7/29/2005: Signed a four-year, $2.7 million contract. 2007: $435,000, 2008: $460,000, 2009: Free Agent

The King
05-22-2007, 12:33 PM
We've been hearing since 2004 how Price was going to ressurrect his career and it hasn't happened yet. He'll have more production if the OL is better but he'll never come close to what he did in 02.

Bledsoe was also the perfect QB for Price. He deep ball was flawless and Price was used to that style offense from playing with Peyton in college.

Meathead
05-22-2007, 12:43 PM
at the #2 wr spot the bills are going to do exactly what they did last year - platoon price and reed and then mix up the #3 role with all three of them. in fact roscoe will get some plays as the secondary just like he did last year with price more of an outside guy

whether that is productive depends more on losman than anything else. those three arent stars but they each bring something that could make their collective production more than adequate to take some nice gravy while lee draws coverages to him

OpIv37
05-22-2007, 12:52 PM
at the #2 wr spot the bills are going to do exactly what they did last year - platoon price and reed and then mix up the #3 role with all three of them. in fact roscoe will get some plays as the secondary just like he did last year with price more of an outside guy

whether that is productive depends more on losman than anything else. those three arent stars but they each bring something that could make their collective production more than adequate to take some nice gravy while lee draws coverages to him

I think it depends more on the OL than anything else. Losman proved adept at the mid-to-long range pass last season- it's just a matter of having time to throw it. One thing about Price, Parrish and Evans- although they lack talent outside of Evans, there is no lack of speed. A good running game (again, the OL) will help too because it will keep the D closer to the LOS.

OpIv37
05-22-2007, 12:53 PM
Bledsoe was also the perfect QB for Price. He deep ball was flawless and Price was used to that style offense from playing with Peyton in college.

Bledsoe and Price were a great combination but JP is good with the deep ball as well.

It's too bad Kevin Killdrive's hot reads were too complex for most of the team to figure out- that and his stubborn refusal to run the ball stifled an otherwise great offense.

justasportsfan
05-22-2007, 01:23 PM

Did you read yesterdays OTA. :D Reed is once again becoming JP's favorite target? *****es!!

Everytime JP was allowed to throw , he distributed the ball well amongst several recievers. When you distribute the ball your recievers are not gonna have impressive numbers other than Evans who sticks out because of his ability to go deep.

Open up the playbook, take off the cuffs from JP and see who sticks out amongst the recievers. Last year was all about developing JP. Let them compete at camp and not simply say Reed sucks because people are JAded by that 1 year when Drew was the qb or this or that reciever sucks.

ShadowHawk7
05-22-2007, 01:28 PM
I like what he's done with what he's been given so far. However, I still can't see him starting, and still think it was a questionable pick.

You can't really bulk up on a 5-9 170 lb frame.

camelcowboy
05-22-2007, 01:55 PM
I hypothesize that if you add weight room with film study it will translate to on the field improvements but that is purely scientific theory....

~The Hypothesis

He has been a colossal let-down. He needs to up his game this year and answer The Question's concerns.

~The Question

The Answer is a huge fan of Price, but his better days are likely behind him so we can only hope he's a solid #3 from this point forward.

Parrish and Reed are what they are - both show flashes, but neither are a true #2 either.

This is going to sound crazy but we need should take a look at Antonio Bryant.....

~The Answer Someone needs to flush the holy grail its starting to stink in here :ill:

The King
05-22-2007, 01:56 PM
Bledsoe and Price were a great combination but JP is good with the deep ball as well.

It's too bad Kevin Killdrive's hot reads were too complex for most of the team to figure out- that and his stubborn refusal to run the ball stifled an otherwise great offense.

Losman does have a solid deep ball. But he is more mobil. With Bledsoe and Manning its real easy to look between the tackles for the ball, with Vick and Losman its a little different.

acehole
05-22-2007, 02:16 PM
No friggin way.

Disagree completely. You have to catch him to tackle him first by that time he has the first down or at the house. He can make up for his lack of power by a move or double move...he can be put in motion or in a bunch formation off the line of scrimage to minimize the jam. IF you are a D -coordinater do you really want to play this guy tight? If he is faster then most dbs he will get by most db's....if you play him with a cushion then he is deadly in space. He will draw plenty of pass interference calls as well...because once he does get by you thats all you have....My only problem with him is durability and can he take getting tackled 5-9 times a game....

OpIv37
05-22-2007, 02:20 PM
Disagree completely. You have to catch him to tackle him first by that time he has the first down or at the house. He can make up for his lack of power by a move or double move...he can be put in motion or in a bunch formation off the line of scrimage to minimize the jam. IF you are a D -coordinater do you really want to play this guy tight? If he is faster then most dbs he will get by most db's....if you play him with a cushion then he is deadly in space. He will draw plenty of pass interference calls as well...because once he does get by you thats all you have....My only problem with him is durability and can he take getting tackled 5-9 times a game....

if it's a zone D they'll have no problem jamming him at the LOS because they'll slow him down enough that they can recover. He's not going to out-jump or out-muscle anyone for the ball at his height, so he basically has to be in wide open field before they can even throw to him. Unless JP can hit him in stride every time, the D will be able to close around him. He won't be able to find a soft spot in the zone and camp out because once the D has the opportunity to close his size is a huge liability, both for getting the ball and for getting downfield once he has the ball.

camelcowboy
05-22-2007, 02:25 PM
if it's a zone D they'll have no problem jamming him at the LOS because they'll slow him down enough that they can recover. He's not going to out-jump or out-muscle anyone for the ball at his height, so he basically has to be in wide open field before they can even throw to him. Unless JP can hit him in stride every time, the D will be able to close around him. He won't be able to find a soft spot in the zone and camp out because once the D has the opportunity to close his size is a huge liability, both for getting the ball and for getting downfield once he has the ball. I do agree with OP, if you look at the smaller receivers who have had success in promient roles on this level they have the ability to hand check, and the strenght to ward of bump and run coverage. Roscoe hasn't showed that ability yet. Its important because corners are given alot of slack to handle receivers within the first 5 yards of the line of scrimage.

Tatonka
05-22-2007, 05:24 PM
the guy is never going to stay in buffalo after his contract is up anyways.

henrybacker
05-22-2007, 08:36 PM
[quote=djjimkelly]i dont think price played that bad last year except the chicago game . where he played real bad that day but so did the whole team.

Please comment on the fact that he had the lowest yards per catch of any qualifying WR in the NFL.

HHURRICANE
05-22-2007, 08:39 PM
I think if Roscoe sits on Price's shoulders than we might have something.

BADTHINGSMAN
05-22-2007, 09:01 PM
He had some nice plays last year.. Need a tough reciever to pic up those 2nd and 6 or 3rd and 5's and Parrish isnt that style reciever.. Plus him going acrossed the middle my god he could be split in half..

OpIv37
05-22-2007, 09:31 PM
Forget Parrish....we need to resign my man E. Moulds or take a hard look at Keyshawn.

Are you serious with these posts, or are you just trying to stir people up?

OpIv37
05-22-2007, 10:15 PM
I take it you are another ungrateful fan that didn't appreciate E Moulds???

Of course im serious, he was the 2nd greatest receiver this franchise ever had.

the key word is WAS. He's well past his prime, but it's irrelevant because he burned his bridges with the FO. Regardless of his skill level or what fans want, he won't be welcomed back.