PDA

View Full Version : We must all be dreaming.

mchurchfie
05-22-2007, 11:06 AM
Keeping Briere, Drury, and maybe Zubrus?? I would like to remain as optimistic as anyone but let's keep in mind Darcy Regier is who we are dealing with here. He is excruciatingly slow and deliberate to a fault with getting contracts done and I would be very surprised if we were to be able to keep just one of them. He will drop the ball on this one like he usually does and say that the club and its salary payscale comes first. He could have had Jay McKee for less than 3 mill a year if he would have been a little more on top of things, instead we ended up with an underacheiving, overpaid player like Spacek. Mark my words he will not get most if any of those contracts done before July and other clubs will be all over these guys and overpay them so much money they won't even remember what color their last uniforms were. He will blow some more smoke up our asses and say he wanted to find out fair market value on them like he did last year. He truly messed up because he could have already had both Drury and Briere locked up, probably for a lot less than what it going to cost him now. Especially, Briere before he went to arbitration. Realistically, if he didn't do anything then, I doubt if he will be very aggressive now. I'm trying to be optimistic about this whole thing but with him overseeing things it doesn't bode well for us.

camelcowboy
05-22-2007, 11:17 AM
I tend to agree, but i think if Galisano is serious about what he said " I think its lip service" about Briere and Drury being the top priority it might force darcy to speed up the negotiations. In the world of if and buts, they need to keep Drury on this team. He should have signed up Briere long term a year ago, and Dumont should be on this team instead of Kotalik. I liked Mckee but he can't stay healthy so i understood the move.

mchurchfie
05-22-2007, 11:23 AM
If anything does get done it will be because Galisano kicked him in the ass, I agree.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
05-22-2007, 11:46 AM
Zubrus is not coming back. He also re:injured: his knee again also.

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-22-2007, 11:54 AM
I don't think all of us are dreaming. Some of us are starting to sadly think none of them will be back.

Michael82
05-22-2007, 12:35 PM
I don't think all of us are dreaming. Some of us are starting to sadly think none of them will be back.
I wouldn't be surprised if both Drury and Briere left. :ill: