• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

Harry Neale: Sign Regier, Ruff First

It will be an off-season of big decisions, and big-money negotiations, for Sabres owner Tom Golisano.

Can he afford to keep both Daniel Briere and Chris Drury? And if not, which one stays and which one goes?

And how much is Golisano willing to pay to keep his other big "free agents" - G.M. Darcy Regier and coach Lindy Ruff?

Someone who's followed the Sabres closely is Hockey Night In Canada analyst and East Amherst resident Harry Neale.

Scott Brown: If it comes down to Drury or Briere, which do you take?
    Neale: "I would say that Drury's a little more valuable only because he's better without the puck without Briere. But Briere lights up the fans more than Drury does.
    "I think Drury showed what kind of a guy he is in the last game when he blocked three shots with his feet, one with his chin and came back and played. Not that Briere wouldn't do that.
    "If somebody pointed a gun at my head, I'd probably take Drury, but if I couldn't, I'll be real happy with Briere."

Even before the Sabres deal with the co-captains, Neale says they should address the front office.

"Long before they worry about Briere and Drury, they should sign those two guys. Don't let those guys go on the free market because there are always a half a dozen teams looking to add in one of those two areas," says Neale.
    "Hopefully for the sake of the Buffalo Sabres they can sign those two guys, but one of those crazy offers could land on one of their laps."
    Brown: Would you say they're as important as any of the players?
    Neale: "Without question. That's one of the reasons they're one of the best teams in the NHL and won the President's trophy, not the only reason, but one of them."
  • LABillsFan
    • Aug 2002

Re: Harry Neale: Sign Regier, Ruff First

This one is my favorite. I couldn't stop laughing

• Kalinin said after Game Four that he was miffed by his precipitous drop in ice time. Yo, Tree. Pull down the shades, cue up the TiVo and watch the horror show.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

Working...
    X