PDA

View Full Version : Day Two OTA notes

Romes
05-22-2007, 01:57 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4800

Looks like A-train showed up. schobel and walker still aren't in.

casdhf
05-22-2007, 02:01 PM
DiGergio ... another INT

Chris23
05-22-2007, 02:03 PM
Our 3 headed RB Monster Is Looking Pretty Nice!

OpIv37
05-22-2007, 02:07 PM
McCargo is STILL injured? Damn.

Michael82
05-22-2007, 02:07 PM
OMG! Look who's getting mention again....

Sam Aikenhttp://www.buffalobills.com/images/relatedicon.gif (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4800#) again made a couple of nice hands catches away from his body in traffic. Roscoe Parrish made a pair of reaching catches, where he had to stretch outside of his body frame to make receptions while running full speed.

Nice! :clap:

patmoran2006
05-22-2007, 02:08 PM
I dont like the fact McCargo still can't participate in team activities.

mysticsoto
05-22-2007, 02:09 PM

Sam Aikenhttp://www.buffalobills.com/images/relatedicon.gif (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4800#) again made a couple of nice hands catches away from his body in traffic. Roscoe Parrish made a pair of reaching catches, where he had to stretch outside of his body frame to make receptions while running full speed.

Nice! :clap:

The thing with Aiken is that he's a decent catcher, but doesn't have enough speed to gain distance from a CB. As a result, the CBs can blanket him pretty easily...

billsburgh
05-22-2007, 02:11 PM
DiGergio ... another INT
why did we even draft POZ? we dont even need him.

madness
05-22-2007, 02:19 PM
OMFG!!! I THINK SCHOBEL COULD BE DEAD!! WHERE O WHERE IS HE? MCCARGO STILL ISN'T HEALED AFTER HAVING FOOT SURGERY IN THE OFFSEASON? COULDN'T THEY JUST CUT OFF TIM ANDERSON'S AND GAVE IT TO HIM? WE'RE DOOMED I TELL YOU, WE'RE DOOOOOOOOO...
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
OOOMED!!!

Sorry, Romes subtitle made me do it.

raphael120
05-22-2007, 02:22 PM
Hahaha...I dont think I'd want Tim Andersons foot. He plays like he's injured when he's fully healthy...

madness
05-22-2007, 02:26 PM
Hahaha...I dont think I'd want Tim Andersons foot. He plays like he's injured when he's fully healthy...

:rofl: Very true. On the lighter side of things, anybody wonder who the heck is running around in a Kevin Everett jersey? We should sign this guy.

camelcowboy
05-22-2007, 02:29 PM

Nice! :clap: full speed for him isn't saying much, he'll come on strong in the early part of the offseason, along with Josh Reed who every year seems to be "looking good in training camp" they'll soon fade away during the last weeks of training camp when the competition gets real.

patmoran2006
05-22-2007, 02:33 PM
McCargo had surgery in the offseason? I thought he had it before that.

OpIv37
05-22-2007, 02:40 PM

I know he had the same type of injury his last year in college- I don't know if he had surgery before. All the homers are going to say "it's only OTA's" and "he hasn't been in the league long enough to be labeled 'injury prone'", but he's had the same injury two years in a row and has been nursing this one for 7 months now.

McCargo's injured, Hargrove's not in camp, Walker's not in camp.

We may not get to cut Tim Anderson after all. :doh:

Jan Reimers
05-22-2007, 02:42 PM
I like hearing Kevin Everett's name. I keep having delusions that the guy will turn into a fast, athletic, pass catching TE.

justasportsfan
05-22-2007, 02:43 PM
McCargo has an injury that will bug him his entire career.

OpIv37
05-22-2007, 02:46 PM
I like hearing Kevin Everett's name. I keep having delusions that the guy will turn into a fast, athletic, pass catching TE.

me too but then I remember that he's from the University of Miami so he probably just wants a paycheck to spend on firearms and hookers.

dannyek71
05-22-2007, 02:49 PM
3 Ints for Digorgio. I smell a probowl season for him.

madness
05-22-2007, 02:51 PM

Good point, I remember him getting it done in October. Either Brown screwed up or he had surgery again. :doh:

justasportsfan
05-22-2007, 02:57 PM
Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 2:10 PM ET | Link

SWANSON LOOKS DECENT: Bills rookie free agent CB Riley Swanson looks like he has some good physical skills. He has very quick feet and appears to be very agile and athletic. During ball drills he effortlessly leaped and reached for a ball high in the air and did a 180 while catching it. He just makes plays look easy. Now bear in mind we haven't seen him in pads so the physical side of the game will bear some watching. But talking to coach Catavolos he admits that Swanson has caught their eye. We'll see where it goes from here, but I don't anticipate him moving ahead of Youboty or Greer any time soon. I just think he'll have a good chance of competing for a roster spot as the 5th or 6th corner depending on how many they decide to keep. Duane Coleman doesn't look as fluid as Swanson, so in my opinion making plays will be important for Coleman. He doesn't look the part, and part of that might be rooted in the fact that he was a former running back. But if Coleman can make plays it doesn't matter how he looks doing it. I'm anxious to see the other rookie free agent Reggie Lewis, but he's still sidelined with a hamstring injury.

---

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

Night Train
05-22-2007, 03:40 PM
OMG ! P Chris Jackson is busy playing baseball !

I will now rant about this in no less than 15 threads to attract attention to myself.

justasportsfan
05-22-2007, 03:42 PM
Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 4:21 PM ET | Link

GREER'S WEIGHT: Bills cornerback Jabari Greer set a goal to carry a little more muscle this season as he has sometimes had trouble re-routing some of the bigger receivers in the league in the past. Playing at 175 pounds last year, Greer is at 180 pounds right now. His goal weight is 185 by the time the season starts.

"I'm putting on some good weight," said Greer. "It's a slow process, but it's really going good. I definitely think I'll reach my goal slowly but surely."

Greer says he's been able to maintain his speed and feels comfortable carrying the extra weight.

"I'm feeling good and I hope I look good," he said. "I haven't had any complaints yet. It's been interesting to see how my body reacts stage. But I'm feeling good and ready to play ball."

If Greer can get to 185 pounds he may be able to physically handle some of the matchups that he's had difficulty handling in the past, especially if he maintains his speed. It will be interesting to see if the added weight makes him a more valued player. Stay tuned.

Mad Bomber
05-22-2007, 05:21 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B-DON
05-22-2007, 10:16 PM
Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 4:21 PM ET | Link

GREER'S WEIGHT: Bills cornerback Jabari Greer set a goal to carry a little more muscle this season as he has sometimes had trouble re-routing some of the bigger receivers in the league in the past. Playing at 175 pounds last year, Greer is at 180 pounds right now. His goal weight is 185 by the time the season starts.

"I'm putting on some good weight," said Greer. "It's a slow process, but it's really going good. I definitely think I'll reach my goal slowly but surely."

Greer says he's been able to maintain his speed and feels comfortable carrying the extra weight.

"I'm feeling good and I hope I look good," he said. "I haven't had any complaints yet. It's been interesting to see how my body reacts stage. But I'm feeling good and ready to play ball."

If Greer can get to 185 pounds he may be able to physically handle some of the matchups that he's had difficulty handling in the past, especially if he maintains his speed. It will be interesting to see if the added weight makes him a more valued player. Stay tuned.

I think greer is already better than thomas

jamze132
05-23-2007, 07:04 AM
Kevin Everett will look like a Pro Bowler during OTAs but when the pads go on and he gets hit, we will find his way to the infirmary with a lower body injury.

Jan Reimers
05-23-2007, 08:06 AM
Kevin Everett will look like a Pro Bowler during OTAs but when the pads go on and he gets hit, we will find his way to the infirmary with a lower body injury.
I agree. He seems to have the physical ability, but I'm not sure if he has the toughness or mental ability to ever make it. But I remain hopeful that the light will come on.

ShadowHawk7
05-23-2007, 09:35 PM
I know he had the same type of injury his last year in college- I don't know if he had surgery before. All the homers are going to say "it's only OTA's" and "he hasn't been in the league long enough to be labeled 'injury prone'", but he's had the same injury two years in a row and has been nursing this one for 7 months now.

McCargo's injured, Hargrove's not in camp, Walker's not in camp.

Wow, that would straight up bite the dust.. :mad: