• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

2 or more arrests = no playoffs

if the NFL wants to cut down on thuggery, just put a cap on how many off-field incidents it's willing to put up with before the team is disqualified for the playoffs.

Obviously, you'd need to make the arrests contingent on being guilty, or else people would be out to get players on opposing teams in trouble. but say for a team like the bengals, could Goodell go up to them and say, "look, one more infraction and i'm taking this out on the team and you won't be eligible for the playoffs."

thoughts?
  • raphael120
    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
    • Oct 2005

Re: 2 or more arrests = no playoffs

So....you want to punish the whole organization based on a couple of ass-hats?

I don't think so.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Tagliabue did a remarkable job of winning over fans. This would alienate them. Sorry, bad idea.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

Horrendous idea.

Comment

• Chris23
          In Marv We Trust
          • May 2007

Terrible Idea, take away a home game and make it away or something like that so they lose out on $, because in the end that's all it's about in the NFL.

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

i think the players would self govern themselves a little better. by an large, these guys aren't committing outrageous crimes. they're stupid things that smarter people don't do. I think as a whole, the NFL has many more competitive guys who want to win and would kick some one's butt if their stupidity had an impact on their team's standings. Maybe the players look out for each other a little more.

I can see what you guys are saying about alienating fans, but if you put the onus on the guys who aren't doing anything illegal, they'll regulate the guys who are making asses of themselves.

Comment

• cocamide
              • Oct 2006

It seems like the NFL is going in the right direction by suspending these players who have repeated offenses. That's about all it can do really. Removing the team from the playoffs is crazy.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

Ok, so you want to remove teams from going to the playoffs as a punishment.

Explain to me this...say the Bills have 2 arrests one offseason and are deemed inelligible for post-season play. What players are gonna care or try all season besides ones in contract years? Seeing what you play for is to go to the playoffs and win a championship generally. What fans are gonna show up to watch a lame duck team?

Comment

• mikemac2001
                  is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                  • Mar 2003

Worst Idea Ever

MUCK
                  FIAMI

Comment

Working...
                  X