X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alohabillsfan
    • Sep 2003

Winfield?

A. Winfield is a no show at the Vikings vol. OTA's. Rumor has it he may want a to be traded! Minn. plays a version of the Tampa 2! Would you trade for him? What would you trade, a player, a pick or combo? What's Minn. needs? Thoughts?
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Re: Winfield?

Winfield was pretty good when he was here, a good tackler who plays bigger than his size. However he always gave up the catch, so what good is it to tackle the guy when he already got the first down or touchdown?

If they release him outright, I'll bring him in for a look. I'm not giving anything up for him.

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Think cash to cap.

The Bills will sign their draft picks and basically be tapped, at that point. Only room for a couple bargain signings for injury emergencies.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• jamze132
        Don’t hate…
        • Jun 2003

Here we go again. Everytime someone is a FA or misses an OTA, all the sudden someone has to mention that maybe he would be a good fit in Buffalo. This stuff gets old.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by jamze132
          Here we go again. Everytime someone is a FA or misses an OTA, all the sudden someone has to mention that maybe he would be a good fit in Buffalo. This stuff gets old.

I would not say everytime! It's just that CB is a weakness on this team, not my words, the head football caoch of the Bills has publicly said it! With that said, I would qualify this as a reasonable topic of conversation! And if not Winfield I would look at any vetearn corner that wants to leave or is let go!

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
            Pinkerton's son
            • Feb 2006

I'd love to have him on our team, idk if he fits our system but according to lots of people on here corner isnt as important in our system. Plus, he would bring a great amount of leadership to a VERY young secondary, plus with Whitner and Youboty being from OSU, he would be able to connect with them.

Comment

• Jeff1220
              H to the 12:20
              • Jul 2002

If Minny trades him, my money says he goes to the Steelers.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Would I sign/trade for him? Of course I would. He's one of the better cover corners in the NFL and he's one of the best tacklers among corners in the league.

Will they sign/trade for him? Absolutely NOT.

and Miyagi.. As far as "giving him a look", that's almost funny.. GUys like Donavan Morgan and Jason Webster you give a look.. Guys like Winfield become starters and you don't worry about his spot anymore.

Thank you Wilson and "cash to cap"-- makes it impossible even if he did get put on the trading block.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by alohabillsfan
                  A. Winfield is a no show at the Vikings vol. OTA's. Rumor has it he may want a to be traded! Minn. plays a version of the Tampa 2! Would you trade for him? What would you trade, a player, a pick or combo? What's Minn. needs? Thoughts?
                  if he were to get traded, he'd want a new contract- something close to what Clements got. So there's no way it would work.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                    • Sep 2003

Thank you Wilson and "cash to cap"-- makes it impossible even if he did get put on the trading block.

There is nothing in writing and we are not bound to it (cash to the cap)! It is just a philosophy that we are operating under so we can field a team for the long run (being able to retain JP/Evans etc..) and not having to purge the team every 5-7 years and start over! It also eliminates a great portion of the dreaded "dead cap". Mortgaging the future!

I really believe if a talent like a Winfield became avail. we would be a player!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                      Peterman Sucks!
                      • Mar 2006

Why are there people around here that want and advocate us picking up our old players that didn't help us win in years past?

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                        Pinkerton's son
                        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                        Why are there people around here that want and advocate us picking up our old players that didn't help us win in years past?
                        perhaps bc winfield was a good player on a less-than-good team?

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                          My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                          • Apr 2004

Too expensive for a quick fix. Use K. Thomas and ease in Youboty.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

Is Winfield 39-years old or something suddenly?

He'd EASILY be our best CB for the next 3+ years.

I'm not even thinking about it though because there's no way it would happen.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                              I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                              • Sep 2004

how old is he now?
                              The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

Working...
                              X