PDA

View Full Version : My take on Adams

venis2k1
03-14-2003, 04:05 PM
Im sure most of you have been thinking "what does V2K think about Sam Adams" well here you go:

Whats the hang up??? Why Isn't Sam Adams here???? Is he Money hungry??? I dont think so. I would like to refer you to the following Points:

1. "The agent for Sam Adams has told Empire Sports/WNSA that he has no other visits scheduled for his client. Angelo Wright continued to say the Bills are Adams' number one choice and that they will continue to talk with the team to get a deal done. " -That tells me that Sam wants to be here, He likes the city, he likes the coaches, and he likes the players.

2.Adams’ agent, Angelo Wright, told PFW that new Bills LB Takeo Spikes has been talking with Adams about coming aboard. Adams and Bills DL coach Tim Krumrie hit it off and watched film together during last week’s visit-Supporting facts for point #1

3. Sam Adams has stated on several occasions that he wants to find "a home, not a pitstop" this tells me that he wants a long term deal. I got a feeling that his statement "his top priority was being fairly compensated" has been taken out of context. all this means is he and his agent arn't happy with the contract, it dosent mean its not enough money. This could mean its not long enough, or knowing TD its insanly back loaded.

4.I get the feeling TD and Adams want 2 different things. Adams wants a place where he can play out the rest of his carrer, and retire as a bill. I think he wants to contribute to the bill becoming a winner.

5. I think TD just wants him here a year or two until we can get someone younger and better. I have a feeling TD is structuring the contract like that, and that is what is holding the signing up.

So in conclusion, i thinks its unfair to call Adams "one big ass tumor" or saying "All he is doing is trying to skip the workouts." without knowing the full story...:box:

Romes
03-14-2003, 04:12 PM
:up:

Nicely stated.

Voltron
03-14-2003, 04:50 PM
I argee!!!

:pimp:

Billz_fan
03-14-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by venis2k1
Im sure most of you have been thinking "what does V2K think about Sam Adams" well here you go:

mind reader :D

nice thoughts on the subject, sounds resonable to me.I hope we do something soon. Simply for the reason I am tired of his name all over the place :laughter:

Lone Stranger
03-14-2003, 05:23 PM
As Bill Clinton would say,"It's the money stupid", Not that I'm a Clinton fan but the issue is what it is.

Fatwhite02
03-14-2003, 05:46 PM
He wants to come to buffalo for the wings as well.

Brian H
03-14-2003, 06:00 PM
I must sadly admit I wasnt thinking "what was v2k thinking"....

Billsouth
03-14-2003, 08:16 PM
this is certainly a reasonable possibilty and since none of us have the true facts it is unfair to assume that the hang up is adams.

while i love TD, we wasted a lot of cap money last year and probably will this year. if it means paying him a little bit more this year i say we do it

venis2k1
03-14-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Brian H
I must sadly admit I wasnt thinking "what was v2k thinking"....

:cynic:

You used to be cool

BLeonard
03-15-2003, 02:52 AM
3. Sam Adams has stated on several occasions that he wants to find "a home, not a pitstop" this tells me that he wants a long term deal. I got a feeling that his statement "his top priority was being fairly compensated" has been taken out of context. all this means is he and his agent arn't happy with the contract, it dosent mean its not enough money. This could mean its not long enough, or knowing TD its insanly back loaded.

My Rebuttal, from http://www.billsdaily.com/news/#031403

Adams Wants To Be A Bill: Sam Adams' agent said yesterday that while his client is still making the rounds his first choice remains coming to Buffalo. Negotiations have stalled between the Bills and Angelo Wright over how much Adams should be compensated.

Maybe Adams isn't "Money Hungry"... But, looks like Wright is... And, that's the holdup.

-Bill

McD
03-15-2003, 06:37 AM
Get something done!!

colin
03-15-2003, 08:14 AM
Adams could easily be a great Bill for 3 seasons.

We should nab him.

Doc
03-15-2003, 09:15 AM
It IS about the money. Length of contract is the guise but money is the central issue. I for one am glad that TD won't cave-in.

Brian H
03-15-2003, 12:45 PM

:cynic:

You used to be cool

lol :bravo: