• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

The U can learn a thing or two

Instead of trying to sweep an incident under the rug, Joe Paterno is arming his players with brooms and mops to clean up the mess.

This spring, six Penn State football players were arrested and charged for crimes stemming from an off-campus fight April 1 in which at least 15 Nittany Lions were present. The charged included a couple of star players, although what apparently bothered coach Joe Paterno the most was how many of his kids were willing to be involved.
    And so Paterno, 80 now but no less tough, no less disciplined, hatched a plan to set things right within his program. He'll let the local legal and student judicial process play out, but regardless he decided that to keep people from thinking his team was trash, it'll spend the fall cleaning it up.
    According to Paterno, the Penn State football team will clean Beaver Stadium after each home football game this fall. It'll gather garbage, sweep stairs and maybe even hose parts down.
    It'll be Notre Dame on Saturday, nacho spills on Sunday.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: The U can learn a thing or two

Duhhh U has to be the least disciplined program in the NCAA- it would be nice if they started doing stuff like this.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
      Pinkerton's son
      • Feb 2006

Re: The U can learn a thing or two

Originally posted by OpIv37
      Duhhh U has to be the least disciplined program in the NCAA- it would be nice if they started doing stuff like this.
      I find it funny how after going through many different sanctions and other NCAA violations, they continue to recruit and seemingly promote these thugs and straight up jerks. i hate da u

Comment

Working...
      X