PDA

View Full Version : These rookies' careers just might have legs

The Spaz
05-23-2007, 11:28 AM
First impressions are as important in football as they are on blind dates. So if you're going to show up in bermudas, you had better have engaging legs -- or some other captivating quality.

By rule, the rookies who participated in their teams' recent minicamps were limited in their wardrobe. They couldn't wear pads, and contact was prohibited. But that didn't prevent several from rising to the occasion. Defensive linemen Turk McBride and Tank Tyler, for example, made coach Herm Edwards' all-shorts team for what they did during the Chiefs' minicamp.

Taking that concept across the league, we present our All-Shorts Team: 12 rookies who caught the attention of their teams.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=theserookiescareersjustm&prov=tsn&type=lgns

deepslant
05-23-2007, 11:35 AM
the only other rookie qb posted was kolb. where was lynch and poz?

patmoran2006
05-23-2007, 11:36 AM
That's cool about Edwards.

The rookie mentioned that I think is going to have a really big impact on his team from day one is Steve Smith (USC) for the Giants

Pinkerton Security
05-23-2007, 12:12 PM
That's cool about Edwards.

The rookie mentioned that I think is going to have a really big impact on his team from day one is Steve Smith (USC) for the Giants

Ya that makes me mad, I always like to root for the Giants draft picks to suck, and for the team to do badly in general, so I was upset to see them snag a guy like Smith bc i liked watching him at USC

The Answer
05-23-2007, 01:22 PM
the only other rookie qb posted was kolb. where was lynch and poz?

Lynch should have been mentioned but POZ is already a bust in many experts eyes including The Answer.

~The Answer

The Answer
05-23-2007, 01:26 PM
Trent Edwards (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8346/;_ylt=AuSIvLPK0q0ccwX5e.wSsEs.ubYF), QB, Bills. Edwards exceeded the team's expectations in the windy conditions at Ralph Wilson Stadium. He showed a quick release and a strong arm -- and he was accurate

The QB controversy has already begun - this kid Edwards is the prototypical NFL QB and is going to push JP to the limit!

~The Answer

Tatonka
05-23-2007, 01:26 PM
every year there are tons of wrs drafted and maybe 2 of them do something worth mentioning their rookie year.

wr seems to be one of the hardest positions to get going early.

Mad Bomber
05-23-2007, 01:28 PM
Lynch should have been mentioned but POZ is already a bust in many experts eyes including The Answer.

~The Answer
<table class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody id="collapseobj_usercp_repgiven" style=""><tr><td class="thead" colspan="2"> Thread</td> <td class="thead">Date</td> <td class="thead" nowrap="nowrap">Given To</td> <td class="thead">Comment</td> </tr> <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: usercp_reputationbits_gv --> <tr> <td class="alt2">http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif</td> <td class="alt1Active" id="p1980684" width="50%">These rookies' careers ... (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=1980684#post1980684)</td> <td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">05-23-2007 02:27 PM</td> <td class="alt1" nowrap="nowrap">The Answer (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=8373)</td> <td class="alt2" width="50%">A bust before training camp? You are becoming sickening with your drivel. For the sake of the credibility of the Zone, PLEASE STFU, troll. ~Mad Bomber</td></tr></tbody></table>

patmoran2006
05-23-2007, 01:30 PM
every year there are tons of wrs drafted and maybe 2 of them do something worth mentioning their rookie year.

Agreed but I think there are two non-first round WR's this year who are going to be very good even as rookies.

Steve Smith and Sidney Rice.

Semi-related.. Eli Manning is out of excuses now. He has Smith, still has Shockey and a few other experienced WR and they drafted Sinorice Moss last year as well. If the Giants dont make a move in the NFC this year I think it's on his shoulders.

AS for Edwards, I hope it doesnt happen but if Losman struggles a lot early by week 5 there is going to be the "play Edwards" steam picking up all over WNY. I can already tell from this board, a couple of others and friends I talk to often.

billsburgh
05-23-2007, 01:30 PM

~The Answer
so you're calling yourself an expert? :roflmao:

The Answer
05-23-2007, 01:31 PM

The Answer agrees - in all my years of scouting, WR is definitely one of the hardest positions to guage simply because the nuances of the pro game are that much different than the collegiate level.

~The Answer

HHURRICANE
05-23-2007, 01:32 PM
Sorry that I overreacted about a QB contoversy. No merit to it whatsoever.:shutup:

G. Host
05-23-2007, 05:56 PM
By rule, the rookies who participated in their teams' recent minicamps were limited in their wardrobe. They couldn't wear pads, and contact was prohibited.

Well Willis wore a pad first year, Kotex was the brand I thought.
And contact except by cell phone and media was definitely prohibited.

justasportsfan
05-23-2007, 08:37 PM
UH-oH. Kolb has a strong arm and is mobile? Poor Holcomb, he has neither. There's always arena league.