X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Adams Banking on Bills

The Jets may have no choice but to allow receiver Laveranues Coles to sign with Washington.

Free-agent defensive tackle Sam Adams has said publicly that he will not make any more visits as he awaits an offer from the Buffalo Bills, but that could change next week. The Baltimore Ravens, for whom Adams played in 2000-2001 before going to the Oakland Raiders last year, would like to get him back, and they've got more than sufficient cap funds.

Adams prefers to play in Buffalo, obviously, where he would line up next to longtime friend Pat Williams in the interior of the Bills front four. But the veteran run-stuffer waited too long last year to pull the trigger on a deal, didn't sign with the Raiders until August, and figures he cost himself a lot of money. Adams is smart enough to realize that the money in the free agent well is drying up quickly now and he won't wait forever on the Bills to get into what he feels his price range should be.

In the next week or so, if there is no deal with Buffalo, he will begin exploring options. And don't be surprised if the Ravens are at the top of his list.
    So Adams is holding out for the Bills to increase their offer. In Lenny P's mind if Adams does not take the Bills offer in a week or so he will start looking towards other teams. Not much new news here other than the fact that Baltimore might be interested in his services. It doesn't sound like Adams is playing any games. He just hasn't seen the offer he likes.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.
  • Fairway To Green
    • Jul 2002

I am starting to not care if we get him as long as we get another DT. There should be more guys available after June 1. I don't understand why Chester Mcglothin ( spelling?) has not gotten any play.

If Sam wants another shot at a SB he should come here. If he want's a few hundred thou more than go to Balt. He is not the only fish in the see.

Comment

• RedEyE
      • Jul 2002

Unless we draft a solid DT options for a DT are limited. The DT FA list has been tapped. We really should sign Adams. Gambling on a young DT would simply suck unless we can get a solid FA DE to line up next to him. I really don't believe that the Bills would go to a 3-4. I bet TD has put multiple offers on the table. I find it very difficult believing that he has been up there this whole time just chit-chatting. Someone has to give.

Comment

• venis2k1
        Youboty can hope
        • Jul 2002

Sam adams if Far and Away the best choice at DT, he is a pro bowler. Notice I said IS and not WAS.

Comment

• shelby
          The Vanilla *****
          • Jul 2002

McGlockton!! If TD could land him....

Comment

• venis2k1
            Youboty can hope
            • Jul 2002

Mcglockton is 5 years older than Adams!!! and Adams is old.

Comment

• RedEyE
              • Jul 2002

No, Shelby has a point. Buffalo could bring McGlockton in for a year than draft a young DT to take his spot once he leaves. I'm all for that.

Nice Shelby - I completely forgot about "the Glock"

Comment

• RedEyE
                • Jul 2002

Make no mistake, I'd rather have Adams.

Comment

• shelby
                  The Vanilla *****
                  • Jul 2002

i know...but if he won't negotiate...bring in Chester the Molester.

Comment

• Billsouth
                    • Jul 2002

WE NEED TO WAKE up and realize that our D-Line SUCKED last year. Adams would be a great addition both for performance and leadership. the combo of williams and adams would be equal to williams and ted washington. SIGN HIM TD NOW!!!!!!!!!!

I love TD but now is not the time to nickel and dime. we are WAY under the cap and should stop freakin around. this is not eddie robinson, chidi or jenkins so lets cut to the chase.
                    "once a raider always a raider"

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

But you don't know how much Adams is actually asking for. Maybe his figures are in fact waaaay too unreasonable.

Comment

• shelby
                        The Vanilla *****
                        • Jul 2002

Exactly. TD is too smart....if Adams were being reasonable, he would have been signed by now.

Comment

Working...
                        X