• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Schobel is SKIPPING OTA's

Allen Wilson of the Buffalo News reported that Aaron Schobel has "skipped" the Bills OTA's.

Does that mean he will hold out in camp? No. Does it mean he's going to be extremely vocal and demand a new contract and become a distraction? I'm not saying that either. The only thing that's been reported is he has decided to skip OTA's.

But it sure as hell isn't a good sign. Not counting Walker (who's never even played here) he is the ONLY VETERAN to my knowledge that is not here for OTA's.

That could be a real bad omen. I dont like Kelsay to begin with, and when he got RIDICULOUS contract, Schobel was the first thing I thought of.

I just hope to GOD that this isn't yet another veteran that's becoming disgruntled with the way this franchise is run.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Schobel is SKIPPING OTA's

it really pisses me off when guys skip OTA's. They've had the last 5+ months off. Get to OP and help your team, dammit!
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Romes
      • Jul 2002

as long as he is at TC and in shape I have no problems with this.
      Originally posted by paladin warrior
      RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Bulldog
        Top Dog
        • Jan 2003

Get used to it. This is not just a Buffalo thing either. The contracts that some of these veterans signed a few years back look like peanuts compared to the money these guys are getting now. I highly doubt this will be the last we hear of this type of stuff going on. Maybe Shobel shouldn't have signed such a long contract when TD extended him a few years back. Schobel really doesn't have that many options at this point.
        I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

I dont appreciate the fact he's the ONLY vet that's not here working with his team.. It's not a good sign-- and I hope whatever the issue is, if there even is one, that it is RESOLVED before camp.

This is one guy this team can't afford to not have on defense. There's a reason he's the only pro bowler on the unit. He's our best defender.

Comment

• The Answer
            The Plagiarist
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by patmoran2006
            Allen Wilson of the Buffalo News reported that Aaron Schobel has "skipped" the Bills OTA's.

Does that mean he will hold out in camp? No. Does it mean he's going to be extremely vocal and demand a new contract and become a distraction? I'm not saying that either. The only thing that's been reported is he has decided to skip OTA's.

But it sure as hell isn't a good sign. Not counting Walker (who's never even played here) he is the ONLY VETERAN to my knowledge that is not here for OTA's.

That could be a real bad omen. I dont like Kelsay to begin with, and when he got RIDICULOUS contract, Schobel was the first thing I thought of.

I just hope to GOD that this isn't yet another veteran that's becoming disgruntled with the way this franchise is run.
            Good for Schobel - he needs to send a message to the clowns in the front office that things are unaccetable.

You don't give a scrub like Kelsay a absurb contract and expect your last good defensive player to be happy about it.

The Answer hopes that Schobel sits out as long as possible to send a firm message.

~The Answer

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

I hope he's extended before training camp starts, he sure as hell deserves it.

I"m also NOT going to say he's NOT at OTA's because of his contract either.. I have absolutely no clue. But I "suspect" he's not very happy about it while mediocre/borderline starters like Kelsay and Langston Walker are getting $25 million thrown at them.

All I care about is that Losman/Evans/Schobel/and Peters ALL get extended within the next 12 months.. If they do then that shows something.. If they dont and ANY OF THEM eventually walk after or during their deal (BS trade); this "rebuilding" excuse to the fans is just another slap in the face. You dont leave all that cap room on the table and not at least extend you're best, core players, period.

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bulldog
                Get used to it. This is not just a Buffalo thing either. The contracts that some of these veterans signed a few years back look like peanuts compared to the money these guys are getting now. I highly doubt this will be the last we hear of this type of stuff going on. Maybe Shobel shouldn't have signed such a long contract when TD extended him a few years back. Schobel really doesn't have that many options at this point.
                Great post! I have a feeling we will be seeing and hearing more and more of this as the salaries keep raising. This is ONLY the beginning!

Comment

• Devin
                  The Octagon
                  • Apr 2003

Peters is signed through like 2010 or 2011.

**** why not sign him through 2020 to please everyone.
                  http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                    Unreachable Douche
                    • Jul 2002

THE SKY IS FALLING...

Schobel must be pissed that Kelsay got all that cash.

Damn you Marv. This is all your fault.

Wait, it's only May? Nevermind.

Comment

• Devin
                      The Octagon
                      • Apr 2003

It isnt just buffalo geniuses.

This years FA market screwed a lot of existing contracts. Not a lot of gms extended guys a few years ago anticipating all these ridiculous contracts.

So is the message now that we should sign everyone to insane contract to anticipate what the market does years from now?

Good god.

Regardlessof what we value kelsay at (and for the record i agree he was overpaid) we arent the GM's and I absolutley assure you he gets that deal or even better elsewhere. I know we are all experts but perhaps Denney/Hargrove just arent that friggin good......I know this is just silly but perhaps Kelsay actualy was the best option at DE this year.
                      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Devin
                        It isnt just buffalo geniuses.

This years FA market screwed a lot of existing contracts. Not a lot of gms extended guys a few years ago anticipating all these ridiculous contracts.

So is the message now that we should sign everyone to insane contract to anticipate what the market does years from now?

Good god.

Regardlessof what we value kelsay at (and for the record i agree he was overpaid) we arent the GM's and I absolutley assure you he gets that deal or even better elsewhere. I know we are all experts but perhaps Denney/Hargrove just arent that friggin good......I know this is just silly but perhaps Kelsay actualy was the best option at DE this year.
                        Denney's numbers are actually extremely close to Kelsay's so I really don't think there would be much of a drop off with Denney/Hargrove compared to Kelsay.

But that's not really the point- Schobel needs to get his ass to camp and show some commitment, because we really need him. If he holds out, it will show on the field.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Chris23
                          In Marv We Trust
                          • May 2007

It's voulentary STFU!

Comment

• M
                            • Aug 2006

Did he skip the first OTA last year?

Anyway, who knows why he is skipping. We don't know what's going on at OBD. Maybe Marv had a conversation with Schoebel like he did Nate. "Don't worry - we'll take care of you when it's your turn" or something to that effect. Or it could have nothing to do with Kelsay's contract...
                            Last edited by M; 05-23-2007, 02:30 PM.
                            Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Chris23
                              It's voulentary STFU!
                              1- Thanks for the insight. I didn't know it was "voulentary"

2- If you're going to be ignorant like that--- learn how to spell.

Comment

Working...
                              X