PDA

View Full Version : Just for the record....

Michael82
05-23-2007, 02:39 PM
Aaron Schobel did not participate in the OTAs last year either. :::

Last Updated: 5/22/2006 4:15 PM ET

Not in attendance Monday were Nate Clements, London Fletcher, Mike Gandy, Willis McGahee, Brian Moorman, Roscoe Parrish, Aaron Schobel, Spikes, Chris Villarrial and Troy Vincent.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3782 (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3782[/QUOTE)

Give him until the next OTA. He'll be back! Just like last year.....:up:

Last Updated: 5/30/2006 6:01 PM ET

Some vets in, others out
While Troy Vincent, Roscoe Parrish, Mike Gandy and Aaron Schobel returned for OTAs this week, there were some other veterans who were not in attendance Tuesday.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3795

casdhf
05-23-2007, 02:42 PM
I was all over this already! Nice find, Mike.

The Spaz
05-23-2007, 02:45 PM
It can't be Schobel is a cancer...:rolleyes:

M
05-23-2007, 02:47 PM
That's what I thought. Thanks, Mikey.

patmoran2006
05-23-2007, 02:47 PM
Doesn't matter.
He should be there working with his teammates. Especially given this is supposed to be a close-knit type of team. I never said he wouldnt be here for camp or that he'd hold out, I only said I dont like the fact he's skipping OTA's.

You should also note than in your find from last year about guys who skipped the OTA's (good find btw) that seven of the other nine players who skipped are no longer with the team this year: Spikes, Villarial, McGahee, Vincent, Fletch, Clements and Gandy.

OpIv37
05-23-2007, 02:49 PM
He should have been there last year and he should be there this year.

Michael82
05-23-2007, 02:56 PM
maybe we should bump up the threads from last year....and see if people think the same things.... :snicker:

The Spaz
05-23-2007, 02:56 PM
Not a big deal then as it should be now. Let's talk when training camp comes around. Not like he is a bum and never has produced. He has respect from the club as he should from fans.

M
05-23-2007, 03:10 PM
He should have been there last year and he should be there this year.

I totally agree but I think people are taking this to a new level by implying that he's upset about the Kelsay contract.

OpIv37
05-23-2007, 03:16 PM
I totally agree but I think people are taking this to a new level by implying that he's upset about the Kelsay contract.

yeah so far there is no evidence suggesting that Schobel is upset. We know that Walker is holding out because he doesn't like his contract, but not Schobel.

justasportsfan
05-23-2007, 03:22 PM
Aaron Schobel did not participate in the OTAs last year either. :::

Give him until the next OTA. He'll be back! Just like last year.....:up:

Forget that ...

OMG!OMG!OMG!!!! It's a hold out. !!!! Cmon NANCIES run for cover!!!!

patmoran2006
05-23-2007, 03:42 PM
So far the contract situation isnt a problem, well at least nothing's been reported yet.

My concern is that if it DOES become a problem, Schobel has every right to make it one.

The Spaz
05-23-2007, 04:00 PM
So far the contract situation isnt a problem, well at least nothing's been reported yet.

My concern is that if it DOES become a problem, Schobel has every right to make it one.

So let's stir the pot just in case it becomes a problem and you can say "see".:shakeno:

Michael82
05-23-2007, 08:15 PM

how does he? He signed a contract before the current CBA. He has no right to *****. He'll get a raise eventually. If he can't wait for it, then oh well.

gr8slayer
05-23-2007, 08:21 PM
He just doesn't strike me as the kind of person that would be a **** about his contract.

Michael82
05-23-2007, 08:22 PM
He just doesn't strike me as the kind of person that would be a **** about his contract.
I've been thinking the same thing. He's a really nice guy and seems like the kind that wouldn't put up a stink about a few million bucks. Hell, I'm sure Kelsay will give him some, especially seeing that Kelsay earned it due to how good Schobel was and the double/triple teams that Schobel saw.

RockStar36
05-23-2007, 08:23 PM
When Willis skipped it was the end of the world. Schobel shouldn't be getting a free pass.

The Spaz
05-23-2007, 08:26 PM
When Willis skipped it was the end of the world. Schobel shouldn't be getting a free pass.

Schobel is a performer and has good work ethic.

gr8slayer
05-23-2007, 08:31 PM
I've been thinking the same thing. He's a really nice guy and seems like the kind that wouldn't put up a stink about a few million bucks. Hell, I'm sure Kelsay will give him some, especially seeing that Kelsay earned it due to how good Schobel was and the double/triple teams that Schobel saw.
I like Schobel a lot but I really hope we don't give him some outrageous long term contract. I actually wish we would have made Evans our number one priority this off-season over anyone else.

RockStar36
05-23-2007, 08:40 PM
Schobel is a performer and has good work ethic.

Oh no. So you're saying that as long as the player performs on the field they can skip whatever they want. That's wrong.

The Spaz
05-23-2007, 10:40 PM
Oh no. So you're saying that as long as the player performs on the field they can skip whatever they want. That's wrong.

No not saying that but he ha sperformed for this team, meanwhile McGhee didn't do jack. Schobel brings his lunchpail with him to work and busts his ass. Schobel also doesn't strike me as a person who lets money cloud his judgements.

Night Train
05-24-2007, 05:49 AM
So let's stir the pot just in case it becomes a problem and you can say "see".:shakeno:

That's the modus operandi of a dozen posters here.