PDA

View Full Version : Who does Evans most remind you of?

patmoran2006
05-23-2007, 05:22 PM
So I can have at least one positive thread..... And if you don't like Lee Evans you're hating on the Bills purposely...

What player in the NFL does Lee Evans remind you of the most.. Pretty spirited discussion earlier about JP Losman.

Who does Evans most resemble?

I'm going to say Reggie Wayne from the Colts.

The Spaz
05-23-2007, 05:46 PM
Combination of Steve Smith/Marvin Harrison

Crisis
05-23-2007, 05:47 PM
Steve Smith

EDS
05-23-2007, 05:50 PM
Of guys currently in the league probably a young pre-injury Laverneus (sp?) Coles due to his package of excellent speed and surprising strength.

Bling
05-23-2007, 05:53 PM
Ted Ginn, Jr. reminds me of Evans.

Evans reminds me of nobody, really. He has that deep threat ability that Holt, Harrison, Johnson have. Not the greatest in short yardage situations, but he did deal with an offense that included JP Losman and Willis McGahee behind one of the worst lines. I don't really compare him to anybody, but he's definitely top 10 and probably could fit around 5 in my book.

The Spaz
05-23-2007, 06:04 PM
Ted Ginn doesn't have consistent hands IMO.

That Guy
05-23-2007, 06:07 PM
Ted Ginn wasn't exactly a good college receiver. Don't know how they're planning on making an NFL receiver out of him.

To stay on topic.. he actually does look a lot like Coles when he was playing his best. I'll go with that.

casdhf
05-23-2007, 06:28 PM
Santana Moss.

tampabay25690
05-23-2007, 06:44 PM
Reggie Wayne

gr8slayer
05-23-2007, 07:04 PM
He reminds me more of Santana Moss than Steve Smith. Smith has kind of a mean streak for a little guy, Moss just plays and doesn't say much, he just makes plays, much like Evans.

Mad Bomber
05-23-2007, 07:47 PM
Who does Evans most resemble?

Elbert Dubenion.

Michael82
05-23-2007, 08:16 PM
I was thinking a cross between Steve Smith and Marvin Harrison.....

baalworship
05-23-2007, 09:16 PM
Torry Holt.

ZacGriffi~82
05-23-2007, 09:24 PM
Marvin Harrison.

ublinkwescore
05-23-2007, 09:49 PM
Steve Smith/ Torry Holt

YardRat
05-23-2007, 09:53 PM
Harrison was the first one that came to my mind.

Ron Burgundy
05-23-2007, 10:04 PM
Evans can't hold Harrison's jock...but then again, other than Jerry Rice, who can?

Lee and Steve Smith are both really fast, have great hands, and are fearless. If we ever get a legit number two, our offense will be scary.

Jan Reimers
05-24-2007, 07:40 AM
Marvin Harrison now, Elbert "Golden Wheels" Dubenion then. Two of my all time favorite receivers.

Mad Bomber
05-24-2007, 07:55 AM
Marvin Harrison now, Elbert "Golden Wheels" Dubenion then. Two of my all time favorite receivers.
:hi5:
http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10003/dubenion-vs-patriots002-1964.JPG

Jeff1220
05-24-2007, 08:00 AM
Ted Ginn, Jr. reminds me of Evans.

Evans reminds me of nobody, really. He has that deep threat ability that Holt, Harrison, Johnson have. Not the greatest in short yardage situations, but he did deal with an offense that included JP Losman and Willis McGahee behind one of the worst lines. I don't really compare him to anybody, but he's definitely top 10 and probably could fit around 5 in my book.

Aside from bringing Ginn into the conversation, Bling seemed like he was actually trying to compliment Lee, and a couple of you got on his case about it! I actually agree with most of this except the Ted Ginn part (If you must compare Ginn to a Bills WR, I'd say he's like a slightly bigger Roscoe). Anyway, as much as JP improved, it is impressive that Lee put up the nubers he did with the supporting cast he had (which, I think, is what Bling is trying to say).
The first guy that comes to my mind in comparison for me is Harrison - similar build, good routes (particularly the deep ones), and also a similar attitude. Harrison is a great WR (for those who say LE can't compare), but let's not forget what the offense has looked like and who has been throwing the ball in Indy for pretty much all of Marvin's career.

dannyek71
05-24-2007, 08:14 AM
wayne cherbet

Chris23
05-24-2007, 08:15 AM
Harrisson has had the best QB in the game for almost his whole career, he's still a little overrated.

The King
05-24-2007, 08:19 AM
Terry Glenn

The King
05-24-2007, 08:23 AM
Harrisson has had the best QB in the game for almost his whole career, he's still a little overrated.

Harrison has lasted a decade in the NFL on his frame. The guy simply knows how to play football. He is almost always smaller than the defender he lines up against.

Chris23
05-24-2007, 08:36 AM
Harrison has lasted a decade in the NFL on his frame. The guy simply knows how to play football. He is almost always smaller than the defender he lines up against.And the ball always happens to be a great thrown catchable ball, and he's also played with a ton of talent around him.

gr8slayer
05-24-2007, 08:54 AM
Terry Glenn
There we go, that's who he reminds me of.

Pinkerton Security
05-24-2007, 10:00 AM

Dude...really??? Have you ever watched them play, bc although we held Marvin in check, dude has the best sideline awareness, footwork and route-running skills i have ever seen. I am only 22, but i've watched lots of football and ive seen him make catches no one else can, on a consistent basis.

Pinkerton Security
05-24-2007, 10:01 AM
To stay on track I say a mix of Steve Smith an Reggie Wayne, cuz Wayne isnt as fast as Lee.

The last buffalo fan
05-24-2007, 10:53 AM
A cross of Andre Reed and Don Beebe.

gr8slayer
05-24-2007, 10:55 AM
Dude...really??? Have you ever watched them play, bc although we held Marvin in check, dude has the best sideline awareness, footwork and route-running skills i have ever seen. I am only 22, but i've watched lots of football and ive seen him make catches no one else can, on a consistent basis.
Torry Holt.

Pinkerton Security
05-24-2007, 10:57 AM
Torry Holt.

you could argue that, but i will never agree that anyone is better than Marvin.

capitolneal
05-24-2007, 11:36 AM
young Marvin Harrison....

Bling
05-24-2007, 03:01 PM
Aside from bringing Ginn into the conversation, Bling seemed like he was actually trying to compliment Lee, and a couple of you got on his case about it! I actually agree with most of this except the Ted Ginn part (If you must compare Ginn to a Bills WR, I'd say he's like a slightly bigger Roscoe). Anyway, as much as JP improved, it is impressive that Lee put up the nubers he did with the supporting cast he had (which, I think, is what Bling is trying to say).

I've come to accept this about Billszone; some people are just too sensitive and blind to realize that I have the utmost respect for Evans. If I could add anybody alongside Chambers other than Harrison, Holt, Johnson or Smith, it'd be Evans. I remember when I was praying Evans went to Miami, and I was ridiculed by Miami fans. Turns out I got the last laugh.

Historian
05-24-2007, 05:01 PM
Jerry Butler is the only Bills receiver I can think of that got that type of separation.

And had the same pillows for hands.

Maybe James Lofton too, early on.

Chris23
05-24-2007, 06:49 PM
I've come to accept this about Billszone; some people are just too sensitive and blind to realize that I have the utmost respect for Evans. If I could add anybody alongside Chambers other than Harrison, Holt, Johnson or Smith, it'd be Evans. I remember when I was praying Evans went to Miami, and I was ridiculed by Miami fans. Turns out I got the last laugh.
Nope.....WE DID! HAHAHA **** MIAMI!

Mad Bomber
05-24-2007, 06:57 PM
I said it before, and I'll say it again (Cementhead, or concretebrain, or whatever his name is, actually groaned me for this. Just goes to show that he knows nothing of the Bills), Lee Evans reminds me of Elbert "Golden Wheels" Dubenion, a fast, smart wide receiver for the Bills who could take it to the house at any time. Jan Reimers and EE are prolly the only two other old fart Zoners that actually saw him play. I actually MET him...

patmoran2006
05-24-2007, 07:12 PM
I've accepted the same thing, and I hate Miami.

You're only popular on here when you say what the majority wants to hear.