PDA

View Full Version : The other guy who is a free agent!

GThirst
05-23-2007, 06:57 PM
This guy is going to be here next season.

Maybe even the next few seasons.

A team would need to give this for an RFA:
$660,000 or below None
Over $660,000 to $1 million Third Round
Over $1 million to $2.0 million Second Round
Over $2.0 million to $3.0 million First Round and Third Round
Over $3.0 million to $4.0 million First Round, Second Round, and Third Round
Over $4.0 million to $5.0 million Two First Rounds, Second Round, and Third
Round
Over $5 million Four First Rounds
<!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_4523819-->
He will probably be in the 4-5 mil range.

So even if he does go, we get lots of draft power. I don't see a team paying that much to be honest.

Michael82
05-23-2007, 08:12 PM
This one honestly scares the **** out of me. I would hate to lose him and am really thinking that someone will toss a ton of money his way. :ill:

camelcowboy
05-23-2007, 08:41 PM
For the record i have already looked into it you don't get the picks till the following season. So if Philly signs him and we don't match, we don't get the second pick in the draft this year.

SpillerThrills
05-23-2007, 09:15 PM
For the record i have already looked into it you don't get the picks till the following season. So if Philly signs him and we don't match, we don't get the second pick in the draft this year.

no but maybe we get a first next year!!! lol

camelcowboy
05-23-2007, 09:40 PM
no but maybe we get a first next year!!! lol I can care less about a 1st the following year when they team Vanek with Gagne and actually make the playoffs :ill:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
05-23-2007, 11:21 PM
Look he's a RFA the Sabres hold all the cards he's not going anywhere

camelcowboy
05-23-2007, 11:24 PM
Look he's a RFA the Sabres hold all the cards he's not going anywhere If he goes to arbitration we will be in big trouble, he'll get 6-7 mil this year.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
05-23-2007, 11:33 PM
If he goes to arbitration we will be in big trouble, he'll get 6-7 mil this year.

Most players must have four years of NHL experience before they are eligible for salary arbitration (the term is reduced for those who signed their first NHL contract after the age of 20). The process is used by restricted free agents, because it is one of the few bargaining options available to them.
http://proicehockey.about.com/od/nhlfreeagents/a/arbitration.htm

BINGO!, he can't go to arbitraition because he hasn't been in the NHL for 4 yrs. He's only been in the NHL for 2! next yr. will be his 3rd yr. in the NHL!

SpillerThrills
05-24-2007, 09:48 PM
If he goes to arbitration we will be in big trouble, he'll get 6-7 mil this year.

so your saying that he's worth more money than say..... Danny Briere, or Chris Drury???? I think not!

camelcowboy
05-24-2007, 10:34 PM
http://proicehockey.about.com/od/nhlfreeagents/a/arbitration.htm

BINGO!, he can't go to arbitraition because he hasn't been in the NHL for 4 yrs. He's only been in the NHL for 2! next yr. will be his 3rd yr. in the NHL!

Most players must have four years of NHL experience before they are eligible for salary arbitration (the term is reduced for those who signed their first NHL contract after the age of 20). The process is used by restricted free agents, because it is one of the few bargaining options available to them.

this is why going to college is benificial to hockey players. Signed his contract 7 months after his 20th birthday. And yes he should be the number one priority. 43 goals, his plus minus, his age Briere and Drury are 30, this kid is the future of this team. If it goes to arbitration which it could, they gave gomez and briere 5 mill. A 43 goal scorer could get 6-7.

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-25-2007, 06:35 AM
I have been saying this since March. I can see a team like Colorado, who doesn't care about draft picks throw money at Vanek that will make the Sabres match or lose him altogether. Then again the new salary cap could work in the Sabres favor with RFAs. Draft picks have become a little more valuable these days.

SabreEleven
05-25-2007, 08:00 AM
Sign him before free agency season starts.

Didn't someone say that next years draft in a lot deeper than this years.