PDA

View Full Version : I like this comment by John Muckler

mchurchfie
05-24-2007, 07:42 AM
“We went through a learning process,” Muckler said. “That’s what Buffalo is going through. Darcy [Regier] has done a nice job putting a team together. They need to learn to win. That’s easy to say, but a tough thing to conquer.”

Correct me, but didn't we win the President's Trophy for most wins in the NHL??? And even as underachieving as we were in the last PO series we still were only losing by a point. He better worry about that next series against the Ducks.

Dude
05-24-2007, 08:56 AM
The Sabres need to learn how to win in the Playoffs, when it all matters. Two years in a row now they have come up short. Losing by a point is still losing.

I believe that is what Muckler is referring to.

Mitchy moo
05-24-2007, 09:21 AM
The Sabres need to learn how to win in the Playoffs, when it all matters. Two years in a row now they have come up short. Losing by a point is still losing.

We lost & he needs to watch the ducks not the Sabres.

Dude
05-24-2007, 09:40 AM
Muckler's not the coach, but I still bet he is. Just a hunch.

LABillsFan
05-24-2007, 07:21 PM
He's right though, losing by one means you were the last one to make a mistake most of the time. It's minimizing those mistakes and captializing on your opponents. Look at last years series.

SabreEleven
05-24-2007, 07:42 PM
The 25 President Trophy's and $2.50 will buy you a cup of coffee....Stanley Cup's is where it's at.

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-24-2007, 08:54 PM
I don't have anything wrong with what he said, it is true.

I did hear him on NHL Live on Sirius last week and he said that if his team wasn't in the playoffs he would want the Sabres to win it all. Probably because he is a Buffalonian.

don137
05-24-2007, 09:17 PM
I felt last year in the playoffs the Sabres knew what it took to win...This year they regressed and the spark was not there in the playoffs.

Typ0
05-25-2007, 08:36 PM

the difference between this season and last season is no one came up short last season on the Sabres.

Meathead
06-02-2007, 06:42 AM
its sucks to acknowledge it but this sabres team choked, plain and simple

they were too young to handle the pressure of being the top seed and the team everyone wanted to beat - especially the sens who were the undisputed sabres playoff *****

classic overconfidence, they thought they could just rely on their superior talent and lost the fire of the underdog. and it killed them

only the prolonged sting of an entire off season of regret will give them the maturity they need to realize they have to play desperate from the moment the first playoff puck drops

Dude
06-03-2007, 06:58 PM
the difference between this season and last season is no one came up short last season on the Sabres.Did they win the Cup?

No?

Then they came up short.

SkateZilla
06-03-2007, 09:04 PM
What a ****ing Suckup, lol, j/k

Typ0
06-07-2007, 03:17 PM
Did they win the Cup?

No?

Then they came up short.

I disagree. I watched all the games. That team last season left everything on the ice when all was said and done. This year they left it in the locker room or at home.

Dude
06-10-2007, 09:58 AM
You don't get your name engraved on the Cup for losing in the conference finals.