PDA

View Full Version : Name our 5 star players!

HHURRICANE
05-24-2007, 08:36 AM
I posted a year ago that we didn't have hardly any stars on this team. Sad part is that it hasn't gotten any better. Here's my top five:

1) Jason Peters
2) Lee Evans
3) Brian Moorman
4) ??
5) ??

I could only come up with 3. Aaron Schobel to me is a very good player but I couldn't put him on the list even with the Pro-Bowl.

Chris23
05-24-2007, 08:38 AM
Before anyone goes on, wtf does it matter if we have star players?

HHURRICANE
05-24-2007, 08:42 AM

Becasue every team needs players that you can build around and count on. I watched Brian Urlacher single handedly win their game against the Cards.

He's a guy that you build your hope around. Someone you can count to make a difference!!

Chris23
05-24-2007, 08:46 AM
Becasue every team needs players that you can build around and count on. I watched Brian Urlacher single handedly win their game against the Cards.

He's a guy that you build your hope around. Someone you can count to make a difference!!
Yeah cause Brian returned a punt and fumble right!

madness
05-24-2007, 08:48 AM
I watched Brian Urlacher single handedly win their game against the Cards.

Yes he did...

thanks to the front four neutralizing any downfield blocking. :doh:

OpIv37
05-24-2007, 08:48 AM
1. Tim Anderson
2. Peerless Price
3. Coy Wire
4. Kevin Everett
5. Tutan Reyes

The Spaz
05-24-2007, 08:52 AM
King Tut is getting railed in the butt somewhere else not here...

gr8slayer
05-24-2007, 08:52 AM
1. Tim Anderson
2. Peerless Price
3. Coy Wire
4. Kevin Everett
5. Tutan Reyes
Not on the team anymore.

Mad Bomber
05-24-2007, 08:54 AM
1. Tim Anderson
2. Peerless Price
3. Coy Wire
4. Kevin Everett
5. Tutan Reyes
:rofl:

HHURRICANE
05-24-2007, 08:55 AM
Name them.

gr8slayer
05-24-2007, 09:01 AM
Star players are not required to be a championship team. In fact, team chemistry is more important to success than star players. But since we happen to have five I'll humor you:
1. Evans
2. Dockery
3. Peters
4. Moorman
5. Schobel
6. Soon to be Lynch

bernielivsey_1
05-24-2007, 09:12 AM
Tough question......but my best guess would be:

1: Lee Evans :horror:
2: Jason Peters :topdog:
3: JP (If he keeps progressing) :coffee:
4: Aaron Schobel:scooter:
5: Marshawn Lynch (If we're lucky) :usflag:

BuffaloBillsStampede
05-24-2007, 09:18 AM
Evans
Peters
Soon to be Losman
Soon to be Lynch
Soon to be Crowell, Whitner, or POZ

Bert102176
05-24-2007, 09:19 AM
I posted a year ago that we didn't have hardly any stars on this team. Sad part is that it hasn't gotten any better. Here's my top five:

1) Jason Peters
2) Lee Evans
3) Brian Moorman
4) ??
5) ??

I could only come up with 3. Aaron Schobel to me is a very good player but I couldn't put him on the list even with the Pro-Bowl.

If we win then I don't give a damn who the stars are

THATHURMANATOR
05-24-2007, 10:07 AM
It doesn't HHURICANE gets a chub for them though...

Fletch
05-24-2007, 10:32 AM
1. Tim Anderson
2. Peerless Price
3. Coy Wire
4. Kevin Everett
5. Tutan Reyes
LOL

Other than for Peters and Schobel no other linemen have even been suggested.

When you think about playoff type teams you can always name a bunch of linemen in among the team's strong points.

HHURRICANE
05-24-2007, 10:36 AM
You build a team around your anchors. Even the Pats could and can name 5.

HHURRICANE
05-24-2007, 10:40 AM
My point is simple. You want to go into the season with some players that know how to win on day one. Evans, Peters, Moorman and maybe Schobel.

But the truth of the matter is that we don't have it today. JP, Lynch, Crowell, are all big "maybe's"

I'm kind of ready to start winning now. Sorry that my patience is wearing thin.

THATHURMANATOR
05-24-2007, 10:48 AM
Easy this will partially be based on play this season
1)Peters
2)Dockery
3)Evans
4)JP
5)Schobel

Other notables:
Crowell, Whitner, Puz, and lynch

casdhf
05-24-2007, 11:21 AM
Lynch is already a start, which is tough for him.

Now he needs to back it up.

bigbub2352
05-24-2007, 12:00 PM
1. Losman
2. Evans
3. Schobel
4. Crowell
5. Peters
6. Dockery
7. Whitner
8. Poz
9. Lynch
10. Moorman

In no particular order, when u r a bills fan these r the guys who will give us a shot on Sunday in 07'

Mr. Miyagi
05-24-2007, 12:25 PM
Somebody name 5 star players for the Patriots.

Brady
Bruschi
Moss
??
??

Spare me the Maroney, Harrison, or Samuels being stars. They're not by the same standards of Schobel not being a star.

How about Indy?

Manning
Freeney
Harrison
??
??

Not Addai, not Wayne, not Clark, no lineman, no DB are stars.

OK what about Philly?

McNabb
Westbrook
Spikes (if he even plays)
??
??

Not Kearse, not Brown, that's it.

Who needs big name players? It means nothing.

OpIv37
05-24-2007, 12:29 PM
1. Losman
2. Evans
3. Schobel
4. Crowell
5. Peters
6. Dockery
7. Whitner
8. Poz
9. Lynch
10. Moorman

In no particular order, when u r a bills fan these r the guys who will give us a shot on Sunday in 07'

Sorry but I have to question Poz and Lynch as "stars". They haven't played a down of NFL football yet. I like the picks and I have high hopes for them, but I don't think anyone should be considered a star until they actually show it on Sunday afternoons (not Saturdays).

SquishDaFish
05-24-2007, 12:42 PM
1) Evans
2) Dockery
3) JP
4) Schobel
5) Moorman

justasportsfan
05-24-2007, 12:43 PM
What? No one has Lindell on their list?

Mr. Pink
05-24-2007, 12:52 PM
Miyagi!

Patriots....
Brady, Bruschi, Moss, Samuels - 10 INTs will do that for ya, Richard Seymour, Adalius Thomas perhaps?

Indy....
Manning, Harrison, Freeney, Wayne, Sanders

Eagles....
McNabb, Westbrook, Trotter, Dawkins, Spikes

Now the Bills have...
Moorman, Evans, Schobel, McGee, JP

bigbub2352
05-24-2007, 12:53 PM
Sorry but I have to question Poz and Lynch as "stars". They haven't played a down of NFL football yet. I like the picks and I have high hopes for them, but I don't think anyone should be considered a star until they actually show it on Sunday afternoons (not Saturdays).

gotta have hope my friend, no playoffs since 99, and watching the revolving door we have had here for a number of draft picks and FA's u just gotta have hope!

L.A. Playa
05-24-2007, 12:54 PM
whats sad is almost every list for teh Bills includes a punter LOL

Marvelous
05-24-2007, 01:03 PM
-Evans-
-Peters
-Schobel- <no brainer! Dunno how he missed teh thread starters obvious list
--JP- the way he finished impressed me.
-Moorman

The only suspect pick is JP.. Hopefully after this season we can adsd Dockery or another lineman to this list. maybe a interior D-lineman...

***McGee doesn't make my list because he really looked lost at times when the ball was to his reciever..Sure he's a elite KR but he has double duty as a CB too..Moorman doesn't..I hope McGee steps it up now that it's his job to lose..

bernielivsey_1
05-24-2007, 01:05 PM
:limpclap: But he's the Peyton Manning of punters. He'd be top five on almost any team in the league (IMO). :boost:

OpIv37
05-24-2007, 01:08 PM
gotta have hope my friend, no playoffs since 99, and watching the revolving door we have had here for a number of draft picks and FA's u just gotta have hope!

I do have hope that Poz and Lynch could be stars, but I won't say it until they prove it on the field. I'm not knocking them- they just won't get their chance until September.

Ickybaluky
05-24-2007, 01:20 PM
Patriots....
Brady, Bruschi, Moss, Samuels - 10 INTs will do that for ya, Richard Seymour, Adalius Thomas perhaps?

I'm amazed Mike Vrabel never gets mentioned, the guy is one of the most underrated players in the NFL. He plays primarily OLB but has played ILB and TE as well (a career 8 TD receptions), is a great ST player (still plays on a lot of ST). He is one of their smartest players, rarely making a mental mistake, and consistently plays well in the playoffs. He is just a flat out terrific football player.

Since joining the Pats 6 years ago he has over 450 tackles, 31.5 sacks, 10 Ints, 8 fumbles forced, 6 fumbles recovered and 20 passes defensed. How many OLB in the NFL have equalled that production in that span? I bet only a few elite ones.

casdhf
05-24-2007, 01:23 PM
I wouldn't recognize him if he knocked on my door wearing his jersey.

eyedog
05-24-2007, 01:28 PM
The Bills most important/core players as of today: In no order,
1.JP
2.Peters
3.Lynch
4.Evans
5.Dockery
7.Schobel
8.Poz
9.Crowell
10.McGee
11.Whitner
12.Simpson
13.Moorman

OpIv37
05-24-2007, 01:33 PM

it's legal to shoot someone trespassing on your property, right?

casdhf
05-24-2007, 01:33 PM
Especially in a Pats jersey.

Mr. Miyagi
05-24-2007, 01:45 PM
Exactly. That I think would have to be the definition of "stars".

I'd recognize Brady Bruschi and Moss I think. Samuels, Thomas, Seymour, I'd be like hey who the F are you I'm calling the cops!

OpIv37
05-24-2007, 01:45 PM

I'd recognize Brady Bruschi and Moss I think. Samuels, Thomas, Seymour, I'd be like hey who the F are you I'm calling the cops!

Racist.

Mr. Miyagi
05-24-2007, 01:47 PM
Racist.
What, did I call for takeout with an accent or something?

Bling
05-24-2007, 03:04 PM
1) Moorman
2) Dockery
3) Peters
4) Evans
5) Whitner

Mad Bomber
05-24-2007, 03:08 PM
The Bills most important/core players as of today: In no order,
1.JP
2.Peters
3.Lynch
4.Evans
5.Dockery
7.Schobel
8.Poz
9.Crowell
10.McGee
11.Whitner
12.Simpson
13.Moorman
You should add Lindell to that list.

OpIv37
05-24-2007, 03:17 PM
I think we need to define "star"

If you're talking about guys who are on the highlight reels every week, guys who are always legit Pro Bowl contenders, guys who even make fans of the team we're playing go "Dammmnn... how'd he do that", we've got Evans, Moorman and arguably Peters- that's it.

If you're talking about the 5 guys who are stars to us, meaning the guys who HAVE to show up for us to win, I'd say

Losman
Evans
Peters
Schobel
Whitner
Poz (but I won't put any rookie in the star category until they show it on the field)

Mr. Pink
05-24-2007, 03:26 PM

Going by that context then, the Buffalo Bills have easily 0 stars.

Jan Reimers
05-24-2007, 03:54 PM
I think what many of the more negative posters are missing is that we are developing some great young players. Right now, I would list Peters, Evans, Moorman and Schobel as All Pro caliber. Dockery and Crowell are close, and JP is coming on. Whitner, Lynch and Poz have the potential

We are very young, so naturally, most of our players are still in the development stage.

Mr. Miyagi
05-24-2007, 03:56 PM
Going by that context then, the Buffalo Bills have easily 0 stars.
Oh please. If you don't know what Losman, Evans, Schobel, McGee, Poz, and Lynch look like, you're not a Bills fan, which I'm questioning anyway.

patmoran2006
05-24-2007, 04:16 PM
Oh please. If you don't know what Losman, Evans, Schobel, McGee, Poz, and Lynch look like, you're not a Bills fan, which I'm questioning anyway.
Outside of Buffalo few would.

patmoran2006
05-24-2007, 04:19 PM
I think what many of the more negative posters are missing is that we are developing some great young players. Right now, I would list Peters, Evans, Moorman and Schobel as All Pro caliber. Dockery and Crowell are close, and JP is coming on. Whitner, Lynch and Poz have the potential

We are very young, so naturally, most of our players are still in the development stage.
I actually agree with you. How can Schobel not be a star when he's a Pro Bowler? I dont call ANY PUNTER a star, but I see what you're saying.

JP is coming on-- and I'd even add McCargo as someone "has the potential". He better, we gave up a lot and passed over a pro bowl center to draft him.

To me the key to sucess with this team is the OL and DL lines. If Walker isn't the fat useless slob I think he is, then the OL will be very solid.. IF and this is a BIG IF, McCargo is healthy and plays very good, then the DL can at least be adequate this year, which would be a huge improvement over last year.

Mr. Pink
05-24-2007, 05:43 PM
Outside of Buffalo few would.

That's exactly what I meant Pat. Miyagi you used the terms if Richard Seymour or Asante Samuel came to your door, you wouldn't know who they were...well in Boston, name me one player on our squad that anyone would know?

Marvelous
05-24-2007, 05:53 PM
Schobel is a legit "STAR"..
-He leads the league in all time Brady sacks. :lol: <joking stat.
Schobel is a gamechanger & is usually the fire on our defense. He woulda led the NFL in sacks had JP not given up 3 sacks to Campmon(sp?)<The Packers LE.. IMO leading the league in sacks pretty much means you have a star player on your team and most likely a superstar.... Seems like Schobel is underappreciated by some sometimes. He's my every sunday jersey of choice..3 seasons running.....

OpIv37
05-24-2007, 06:19 PM

I think what you continue to miss is that you're expecting them to develop enough in ONE YEAR to improve the 28th ranked run D AND compensate for the loss of 3 starters. That's not realistic, particularly with the weak DL and the questionable CB's.

HHURRICANE
05-24-2007, 08:33 PM
I think we need to define "star"

If you're talking about guys who are on the highlight reels every week, guys who are always legit Pro Bowl contenders, guys who even make fans of the team we're playing go "Dammmnn... how'd he do that", we've got Evans, Moorman and arguably Peters- that's it.

If you're talking about the 5 guys who are stars to us, meaning the guys who HAVE to show up for us to win, I'd say

Losman
Evans
Peters
Schobel
Whitner
Poz (but I won't put any rookie in the star category until they show it on the field)

My defintion is players that play at a level that you can count on, weak in, weak out. Peters, Evans and Moorman always show up.

We need players like Lynch, Losman and Whitner to be those next set of guys.

Building a team around 3 players is a little weak and this is why it's hard to predict playoffs for these guys.

!Papacrunk!
05-24-2007, 10:08 PM
I agree w/ some others, Schobel needs to be ranked a bit higher. he had a great year last year

NC-BILLS44
05-25-2007, 01:17 PM
Evans
Peters
Losman
Moorman
Schobel

tampabay25690
05-25-2007, 04:40 PM
1)Terrence Mcgee
2)Lee Evans
3)Jason Peters